CTR seat replacement options?

wilsynet

First Name
Wilson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf R
If you want to replace your seats you bought the wrong car? I didn't realise that seats were the primary factor in choosing your car.
Sponsored

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you want to replace your seats you bought the wrong car? I didn't realise that seats were the primary factor in choosing your car.
You missed the point. You gave reasons for why someone would want to have certain features in their car and a couple of us stated that if those reasons were the case, then the owner bought the wrong car. You can't buy an apple and try and turn it into an orange.

When people change their seats, it's usually an upgrade. Going from CTR seats to Si seats is a DOWNGRADE. That's coming from someone who owns Si seats and loves them. I would take CTR seats over Si seats in a heartbeat.

wilsynet

First Name
Wilson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf R
I don't think the seats are fundamental to the car. Given that it's easy to replace the seats, it's more like you bought an apple and want to eat it with peanut butter.

Maverick1

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
I don't think the seats are fundamental to the car. Given that it's easy to replace the seats, it's more like you bought an apple and want to eat it with peanut butter.
I think what they're trying to get across is that you have to take into consideration other variables before buying a vehicle, like who will be traveling in the car with me and will they be comfortable in the seats, if you have children does the car have the capability of caring children's car seats Etc.
You try and answer all those questions before you pull the trigger and buy the car.

CWCTR2018

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
whats even funny the SI kids are all over this thread , ill take your seats man and put them in my SI so i can pretend i got the type r now lol

RedGiant217

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Accord
Country flag
Interesting point of view for sure. We all have our reasons for choosing the Type R. Not sure why the seats would really have anything to do with it. I would argue that if you chose this car for the seats, then you bought the wrong car.

wilsynet

First Name
Wilson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf R
Maybe I'm beating a dead horse here, but they're just seats. If you buy the car and you don't like the seats, hey, it's a free country, change the seats.

If you bought the car and changed the transmission, the engine, the suspension, cut a hole in the roof, and raised the car by 4 inches -- OK, maybe you should have just bought a different car.

bouford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 AP1/18 FK8/19 CV2
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
for anyone interested, recaro sells bottom mount rails with side air bag canceller. these rails should work with any bottom mount seat. if you have a bucket, adapters are available.

i have ASM SR-6 and 7 seats i want to use when move classes in autox. i've run these seats in my previous cars and prefer the fit and support over any oem seat.

jefxfree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R, EK hatch
Country flag
My guess is that 1/2 of you are single, and will always be single until you grow up... Or you're in kind of abusive and controlling relationships.

When a real man gets married, and their spouse has medical problems that warrant a change to the passenger seat of their car, they change it.

All you children will hopefully learn that. Or I definitely feel sorry for your current/future spouse...

=====

With that said. They should bolt straight in. The only thing I don't know about is the airbag sensor.

It SHOULD be the same. But i'm not totally sure.

Michelide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 rsx type s
I sat in a type R yesterday. In comparison to the rsxs that I commute in everyday I think the seat was as comfortable. I was unable to test drive the vehicle as it was in the show room. I suppose that the type r racing seat might be more firm in actual driving. In my vehicle I don't have the comfort settings that the type r has I wonder if these would make up the difference. Over the years I have been commuting in the rsxs I have had many serivce appts where I took a loaner car and those were tsx tlx and rlx I think some of the ultra padded puffy seats were terrible. The only thing I liked about them was the power adjustments and heating controls. I do not have power or heating in my seats but after 13 years of commuting I think I'd like to wake up every January day and sit on a heater waiting for it to warm up because manuals have never had key starts. Yah the type r is a racecar but it's also a street car. It would be nice to have the option of a toned down seat with heat and power function. Maybe a bit more padding but not much. The other part of this divide is the look. Some people like the red some people want it more subtile. I really like the white and black recaro seats that are racing but have optional heater and I think optional air bags. The other thing that I think people don't realize initially about the type r is that it seems to made for people of an exact height the seat does not have a height adjustment. I'm 5 9 this seat seems to be made for someone that is 5 11 to 6 5 tall. In commuting you find yourself in a lot of tight vehicle situations where you need to know the edges of your car and sitting up a bit helps tremendously to avoid accidents. The other thing that sitting up slightly does is it helps avoid potholes and other road trash. For all these reasons I couldn't buy this car without a seat change unless it was a second car. There are so few vehicles with MT and even fewer that are not compacts and even fewer that also have leather option. It's a terrible divide for a road driver. Most of which just give up and start driving padded AT leather and all the fun of actual driving to a dull and dismal and perhaps even sleepy commute rather than being connected to the road. It's really too bad seats arent an easy switch for the hard track or more touring mindset.

bouford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 AP1/18 FK8/19 CV2
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I sat in a type R yesterday. In comparison to the rsxs that I commute in everyday I think the seat was as comfortable. I was unable to test drive the vehicle as it was in the show room. I suppose that the type r racing seat might be more firm in actual driving. In my vehicle I don't have the comfort settings that the type r has I wonder if these would make up the difference. Over the years I have been commuting in the rsxs I have had many serivce appts where I took a loaner car and those were tsx tlx and rlx I think some of the ultra padded puffy seats were terrible. The only thing I liked about them was the power adjustments and heating controls. I do not have power or heating in my seats but after 13 years of commuting I think I'd like to wake up every January day and sit on a heater waiting for it to warm up because manuals have never had key starts. Yah the type r is a racecar but it's also a street car. It would be nice to have the option of a toned down seat with heat and power function. Maybe a bit more padding but not much. The other part of this divide is the look. Some people like the red some people want it more subtile. I really like the white and black recaro seats that are racing but have optional heater and I think optional air bags. The other thing that I think people don't realize initially about the type r is that it seems to made for people of an exact height the seat does not have a height adjustment. I'm 5 9 this seat seems to be made for someone that is 5 11 to 6 5 tall. In commuting you find yourself in a lot of tight vehicle situations where you need to know the edges of your car and sitting up a bit helps tremendously to avoid accidents. The other thing that sitting up slightly does is it helps avoid potholes and other road trash. For all these reasons I couldn't buy this car without a seat change unless it was a second car. There are so few vehicles with MT and even fewer that are not compacts and even fewer that also have leather option. It's a terrible divide for a road driver. Most of which just give up and start driving padded AT leather and all the fun of actual driving to a dull and dismal and perhaps even sleepy commute rather than being connected to the road. It's really too bad seats arent an easy switch for the hard track or more touring mindset.
anyone every confirm swapping seats from other 10th gen civics?

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
my next upgrade will be a pair of Bride Zeil Japan...both will be black color...don't get me wrong; I love my OEM seats, just want to lose some weight! :)

RedGiant217

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Accord
Country flag
The other thing that I think people don't realize initially about the type r is that it seems to made for people of an exact height the seat does not have a height adjustment.
The seat height is adjustable. There is a lever on the side that you "pump" up or down to raise/lower the seat.
I do agree that the seat back is made for people of a certain height. I'm 6' 4" and the belt pass-throughs are at the bottom of my shoulder blades.

anyone every confirm swapping seats from other 10th gen civics?
Stay tuned. I have a passenger seat out of a 10th gen hatch that I plan to swap in the spring.

bouford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 AP1/18 FK8/19 CV2
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
my next upgrade will be a pair of Bride Zeil Japan...both will be black color...don't get me wrong; I love my OEM seats, just want to lose some weight! :)
:D you can also get air bag cancellers from nengun

The seat height is adjustable. There is a lever on the side that you "pump" up or down to raise/lower the seat.
I do agree that the seat back is made for people of a certain height. I'm 6' 4" and the belt pass-throughs are at the bottom of my shoulder blades.

Stay tuned. I have a passenger seat out of a 10th gen hatch that I plan to swap in the spring.
yup pump it. hope it's pnp.
Sponsored