CTR Rev Matching and Emissions Issues w/Check Engine light.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Never going to that dealer again. They said A11 fuse was pulled...I didn't mess with that fuse. Even if I did, I wouldn't have taken and thrown it away. They said they didn't do it. I don't have to pay diagnostic again but I'll have to pay for the fuse. Like wow lol
In fact the codes I saw when I picked up the car were not showing when I dropped it off. What a freaking zoo
Sponsored

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
Never going to that dealer again. They said A11 fuse was pulled...I didn't mess with that fuse. Even if I did, I wouldn't have taken and thrown it away. They said they didn't do it. I don't have to pay diagnostic again but I'll have to pay for the fuse. Like wow lol
In fact the codes I saw when I picked up the car were not showing when I dropped it off. What a freaking zoo
So you found the issue? Missing fuse?

Z3papa

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2011 BMW M3
Country flag
I have had my head in the sand and haven't check back in a while. Update is that I took the car in with my tablet with ODB2 codes recorded which self cleared on the car before it went in. They ended up determining the entire turbo assembly needed to be replaced. I got the car back after a week, ran it in three autocrosses without an issue, except that I could swear the car didn't spool as hard. Butt dyno is strictly subjective but on Yok A052's, I could not ever break the tires loose even on 4k launches with nannies off. Coming out of corners, it just wasn't the same violence. Long story short is I decided to cancel going to SCCA Nats, wife told me she thought I was in the wrong car, we talked about the next car, bought a 2018 Porsche Boxster GTS and I sold off many sets of wheels. Good news is the fix seemed to resolve the issue.

battledog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Country flag
Just started getting these errors too, after 5250 miles. Happened right after I got my first oil change, but I don't think it's related.

Fkocho

First Name
Shirell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8, fk7
Country flag
Same thing happened to mine today, like exactly the same, what was the solution?

NickName541

First Name
N/A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Country flag
Well, add me to this list... car went into limp mode last night. Check Emissions and Rev Match System errors popped up. Was able to limp it back home but struggled to stay running. Sat overnight in my garage. Started up ok this morning, but both warnings still on. Babied it into the dealership, and now we wait. 19 CTR w/ just about 7200 miles. ?

barbapapa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R Championship White
Country flag
my fuel pump went last month, car wouldn't start randomly after driving it all day, had rev match and emission error codes with a CEL. Somehow was able to start the car after an hour and about 15-20 tries. Thankfully was able to ease it to the dealership. Fuel pump was bad so after a week at dealer, car driving better than ever

NickName541

First Name
N/A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Country flag
Update: Dealership concluded codes were related to fuel issues. They said due to it being intermittent, if/when it happens again I’ll call to make an appointment and they will have the car looked at by a Honda “Master Certified Tech”. So I’m fully expecting to have to take it back again, I’m just hoping the car doesn’t fail on the freeway or sometime important. I pick it up in a few hours.

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Yesterday on my way to work I got the emissions Rev match error. The car was still warming up so I was driving it easy. Get to work and eventually come out and pop the hood and disconnect the negative terminal. I let the car sit 15 minutes or so then hook it back up, drive it around the neighborhood and come back to park it and shut it off and on to finish all the systems checks. The whole time after hooking the battery back up I got the Rev match, emissions problem followed by driving systems initializing, then back to the errors. So I had little hope to begin with.

After doing this the errors persisted, usually after unplugging the battery it will go away, I've done it a lot because of being catless with a defouler but no tune yet. It has worked everytime before. That was always tripped by the car getting too hot, say driving hard then letting it sit shut off briefly then hitting it hard again.

I get home, grab my flashpro and hook it up, go to diagnostics and it doesn't show any codes, even though the light is on and the errors... So I'm like WTF? I unplug the battery again and this time wait over an hour while the car cools down as well. Still didn't do shit so I just threw my hands in the air and gave up.

I was supposed to receive my jailbreak device yesterday, but FedEx pulled a FedEx where they can never actually deliver something on the day it's scheduled to come in. Should have it today.
For some reason on the shipping it won't let me change the signature required option to just leave it at the door. I got it sent to my parents who are retired but they're pretty deaf so fingers crossed.

dnorng

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R #38091
Country flag
Happened to my 2020 Type R. At the dealership now and they said it looks like a EVAP leak. More to come as I am still waiting.

ap2alex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 SGP Civic Type R, '06 Laguna Blue S2000, '97 Integra GS-R
Country flag
I'm very interested to hear what they tell you.

I took my 2020 in to the dealer last week and they told me the same thing, Evap leak. They told me since the gas tank was nearly full they couldn't run the Evap test (apparently needs to be 3/4 full or less), so they cleared the code and sent me home.

I assume it's only a matter of time before it gives me the same error again.

ap2alex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 SGP Civic Type R, '06 Laguna Blue S2000, '97 Integra GS-R
Country flag
Happened to my 2020 Type R. At the dealership now and they said it looks like a EVAP leak. More to come as I am still waiting.
What was your outcome at the dealership?

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
Yesterday on my way to work I got the emissions Rev match error. The car was still warming up so I was driving it easy. Get to work and eventually come out and pop the hood and disconnect the negative terminal. I let the car sit 15 minutes or so then hook it back up, drive it around the neighborhood and come back to park it and shut it off and on to finish all the systems checks. The whole time after hooking the battery back up I got the Rev match, emissions problem followed by driving systems initializing, then back to the errors. So I had little hope to begin with.

After doing this the errors persisted, usually after unplugging the battery it will go away, I've done it a lot because of being catless with a defouler but no tune yet. It has worked everytime before. That was always tripped by the car getting too hot, say driving hard then letting it sit shut off briefly then hitting it hard again.

I get home, grab my flashpro and hook it up, go to diagnostics and it doesn't show any codes, even though the light is on and the errors... So I'm like WTF? I unplug the battery again and this time wait over an hour while the car cools down as well. Still didn't do shit so I just threw my hands in the air and gave up.

I was supposed to receive my jailbreak device yesterday, but FedEx pulled a FedEx where they can never actually deliver something on the day it's scheduled to come in. Should have it today.
For some reason on the shipping it won't let me change the signature required option to just leave it at the door. I got it sent to my parents who are retired but they're pretty deaf so fingers crossed.
Maybe just defouler?
Sponsored