CTR Rev Matching and Emissions Issues w/Check Engine light.

josh8604

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR BBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yeah is pretty annoying since it happened back to back, since the end of last month and haven’t been able to enjoy the car in almost a month, but the Honda technicians have been extremely helpful and all the work so far has been covered by the warranty so that helps too.
I agree, if the dealership handles it in a professional manner then its give you peace of mind. I hope they are also providing you with a loaner, my dealer gave me one even though I only was without my car for a day.
Sponsored

goodvibes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R CBP
Country flag
I agree, if the dealership handles it in a professional manner then its give you peace of mind. I hope they are also providing you with a loaner, my dealer gave me one even though I only was without my car for a day.
they offered one but due to this virus I am working from home so no need for a car for now.

goodvibes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R CBP
Country flag
I got the error code.. did dealer give u shit for your car? My car is tuned so i worry they wont fix the code for me

20200409_120812.jpg

20200409_120817.jpg
as long as you are inside the warranty period or have the extended warranty, then you shouldn’t have any troubles with the dealership. For my car they replaced the fuel rail and the high pressure fuel pump since the code I got was related to fuel system. But don’t worry just take it to them so they can take care of it.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
If you're not running FBOs, suggest you revert to the stock ECU settings before taking it in - the tune should have nothing to do with the error but you never know how a dealer will react to "modifications".

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you're not running FBOs, suggest you revert to the stock ECU settings before taking it in - the tune should have nothing to do with the error but you never know how a dealer will react to "modifications".
I am actually FBO and custom tuned...
I will try to bring it in and see what they say.. hope they will fix it.. thanks

josh8604

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR BBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey everyone,

After I initially got this issue fixed by the Honda dealer the 1st time I thought nothing of it. Then one evening it happened again as soon as I started the car up, this was a few weeks after the initial repair. I took it to the dealer and this time they had the car for about a week and replaced more parts. I got it back after the repair and was relieved. Now at 6100 miles it has happened a 3rd time. I took the car to the dealership and after speaking to Tech line they were advised to replace my ECM. This part is back ordered and they put in a "Critical Back order" for it but still do not have a ETA. They told me to come pick up the car and will call me once the part arrives, which they have no idea when it will arrive. This is frustrating to say the least because in a year I have only put 6000 miles on the car and don't track it. I really do "baby" the car so I am shocked.
Has anyone else had to have the ECM replaced?
Is this a valid lemon law claim? (This is the 3rd time repairing the same issue)

Z3papa

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2011 BMW M3
Country flag
I encountered this issue in my 2019 yesterday at an autocross where my car went into limp mode. Got to say it was very frustrating as turbo underboost definitely makes this car a turd. The story is too long to detail but I cleared the code with a friend's ODB2 reader (mine suddenly did not want to operate as it wasn't registered), gassed up and drove home 3 hours with no issues. I've now read through 45~ pages in three threads and conclude there are many theories of what causes it. Lots of parts being thrown at the car by dealers.

blitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I encountered this issue in my 2019 yesterday at an autocross where my car went into limp mode. Got to say it was very frustrating as turbo underboost definitely makes this car a turd. The story is too long to detail but I cleared the code with a friend's ODB2 reader (mine suddenly did not want to operate as it wasn't registered), gassed up and drove home 3 hours with no issues. I've now read through 45~ pages in three threads and conclude there are many theories of what causes it. Lots of parts being thrown at the car by dealers.
As a trial to observe the the persistence and code fault, I discovered one event involving the MAF sensor if it is disconnected accidentally, then reconnected, followed by starting putting the vehicle in ACC or ON:

Event: The vehicle will fault with these two errors: Rev Match and Emissions. Upon connecting the MAF adapter, start the engine. The codes will persist for about 1 hour of driving (driving, turning car OFF, turning car ON, etc).

It appears that any break in the emissions system automatically triggers these codes. If the mechanical issue is corrected, the code should clear within the timeframe indicated. If the code is persistent past this timeframe, then the mechanical issue is still present in the emissions system.

Dan0974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 2009 Civic Si, 2017 ABM Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
All check engine light codes cause these messages to pop up. You need to read the error code from the ecu and troubleshoot like any other car. These are just messages telling you that the car turned these systems off because there was a problem.

Z3papa

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
All check engine light codes cause these messages to pop up. You need to read the error code from the ecu and troubleshoot like any other car. These are just messages telling you that the car turned these systems off because there was a problem.
Certainly, as I was running data, specifically Solostorm, at the time of the event. When the codes came on, I switched over to the ODB2 diagnostics and was flagged for not having "registered" the reader. In as much as their is no wifi on sight, I was a bit screwed. Live and learn. Registering the reader as I type.

Z3papa

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The problem has resurfaced with an additional code for the Turbo boost solenoid. It doesn't just come on with lightly spirited driving, but during hard acceleration and g-load corners. It will go into reduced power mode, and can clear afterwards by itselt. Took it to the dealer, and they are now ordering a full turbo replacement. Fingers crossed.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Pictures of the new Rev A-02 connector...

D7F2A049-A24E-4B98-87CA-303F5C7B1503.jpeg

D16E4B07-A591-4146-9BB3-9D19DA3F85AF.jpeg

CD87076F-44C4-4928-9059-E1B7442E0CA8.jpeg

A9F5A4A4-54DD-426F-8CD0-04F25F566362.jpeg
This is wild. I got the exact error codes the other day...and my harness looks like this. I have a 2017 with 39k miles on it. They'll never cover it...I'm trading my CTR in this is stupid

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
This is wild. I got the exact error codes the other day...and my harness looks like this. I have a 2017 with 39k miles on it. They'll never cover it...I'm trading my CTR in this is stupid
The drive train has a 5 year 60k mile warrenty.