CTR Rev Matching and Emissions Issues w/Check Engine light.

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
I will be picking up my R late next week (should be) and it’s a 375 mile trip one way. Do I need to worry about this failing on me and putting me into limp mode on my way home? It’s a 5.5 hour drive. Do I need to refer my salesman to the TSB? My car will be an ‘18 model.

Ruckus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R. 2012 Honda Ruckus. 2001 civic sedan. 2012 accord sedan.
Country flag
I will be picking up my R late next week (should be) and it’s a 375 mile trip one way. Do I need to worry about this failing on me and putting me into limp mode on my way home? It’s a 5.5 hour drive. Do I need to refer my salesman to the TSB? My car will be an ‘18 model.
2018's are not affected (for now) per service bulletin

PwrOfDreams

It ain't a Type R then it ain't a tight car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Other
Country flag
You should be alright for the time being. It’s not like they will change it out at your request. It’s a VIN specific repair so the dealership can’t even get the parts for the fix unless your VIN falls in the affected range.

matrioska009

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Hey. guys. I hope you can help with this problem. I imported 2017 Honda Civic Type R from USA with the number plate 03417. It has only couple of thousands miles on the clock but I did manage to get the same problem as you guys (Emission and rev match). Because it is imported from other continent, Local Honda dealer in Europe has a issue with the warranty, so I am alone on this. I read all the information here and trying to get clarification. I did check mine harness and it wrapped with the gray tape. So as I understand from given information here, I need to replace air By-Pass Valve Control Solenoid Valve Assembly? I am correct? Will it solve the problem? I am ready to order one from USA (because it is couple times cheaper than in Europe), so before doing that , I need clarity. Thank you guys in advance for advises.

Night Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Type R
Country flag
I got the car for an oil change at the dealer & they ordered the part for me, once arrived, I will set an appointment to get this replaced. However I have never got any issue (yet) in relation the this Rev match feature.

matrioska009

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Parts list is at the bottom of the Bulletin. You can call the dealer near you with the part numbers and grab them if all else fails
36322762_10155788831963137_6465419200738361344_o.jpg
So, if the car has grey wrapped pin (following picture of mine car), I still need to change all the engine wires? Because someone in the earlier post mentioned that if you have grey wrapped pin, you need to change only air By-Pass Valve Control Solenoid Valve Assembly.

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR Rev Matching and Emissions Issues w/Check Engine light. Screenshot_20180712-232539

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR Rev Matching and Emissions Issues w/Check Engine light. Screenshot_20180711-163040

Ruckus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R. 2012 Honda Ruckus. 2001 civic sedan. 2012 accord sedan.
Country flag
the solenoid isn't the problem. the problem is the wires break at the crimps on the terminal pins, creating an open circuit. thats why they want the harness replaced.

23Red

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 FK8, '06 AP2
Country flag
Welp, looks like I'm an official Type R owner. Got the infamous Rev Match/Emissions CEL today...RIP R-13525:cry:

typemismatch

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A whole farm of Hondas
Country flag
FYI - I got a recall notice in the mail last night for the ABV harness.

Hopefully they'll be reaching out to all CTR owners without the updated harness.