CTR Rev Matching and Emissions Issues w/Check Engine light.

RAR

First Name
Rene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 G37xS Coupe; 2013 Civic EX Sedan; 2017 Q50 Red Sport 400; 2017 CTR ABM
Country flag
So its been 24 hrs and I haven't heard anything from them, hopefully I can get my car back today.
Any update? Is your CTR still in service?

typersweden

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R GT / FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Hi guys!

Englishman living in Sweden, just got to the 450miles on my FK8 GT and I have these warning lights too. Mines off to the garage on Tuesday...will be interesting to see what my Honda dealer says!

RAR

First Name
Rene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 G37xS Coupe; 2013 Civic EX Sedan; 2017 Q50 Red Sport 400; 2017 CTR ABM
Country flag
Hi guys!

Englishman living in Sweden, just got to the 450miles on my FK8 GT and I have these warning lights too. Mines off to the garage on Tuesday...will be interesting to see what my Honda dealer says!
Hi, my CTR had 650 miles when all the warning lights came on.

Keep us posted.

WokeNotaSleep

Banned
Banned
First Name
WokeDude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic
The regular hatchs have ripened quite well on the vine, what do we attribute this to? Love pickup of 1.5 liter turbo, garden variety Civics Hatch. Are they procured differently? At the swindon plant?

FK8#1500

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Toyota Corolla Xrs, 2015 Honda Fit, 2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Mine just happened at 1496 miles. Brought it to the dealership today to install spare tire kit and new wire harness. Won’t get it back ‘til Wednesday. Damn holiday weekend.

TheBigG

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2017, Kia Optima Sportswagon GT 2017
Country flag
Hi guys!

Hello! I also live in Sweden and today it was my turn to get this problem. Can you provide feedback? Is your car fixed now? At what dealer left your car for repairs?
For me it is CEL, rev matching off and a P2261 code.
The car runs and feels ok, it is just the rev matching that does not work.
I received the car in the last day of november after a long waiting period despite the fact the car was in the harbour ready for shipment. It seems that I have the new wire harness which is odd because I still got this problem...

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR Rev Matching and Emissions Issues w/Check Engine light. pn1T49y2

typersweden

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hello! I also live in Sweden and today it was my turn to get this problem. Can you provide feedback? Is your car fixed now? At what dealer left your car for repairs?
CEL, rev matching off and a P2261 code.
The car runs and feels ok, it is just the rev matching that does not work.
I received the car in the last day of november after a long waiting period despite the fact the car was in the harbour ready for shipment. It seems that I have the new wire harness which is odd because I still got this problem...
Hejsan!

I took it to Honda Malmö where I purchased it from. They said as its a yellow warning light (not red) and the fact there no physical/audible problem with the car and thats its brand spiffing new, that it was safe for me to drive. They looked at it on Monday and did their research, called me back and said it was an issue with an electronic valve controlling the Rev Matching system (Not entirely sure which or what, but he is emailing me the information so I will post it up here today). There was no part available in Sweden or Belgium so he wasn't sure how long it would take for the part to come, but I was free to drive away and come back when the part comes in.

Simply turn off the rev matching function and the rev matching warning lamp will stop shouting at you, but the yellow engine lamp will stay lit. If you feel the car is driving normal/no loss of power then its safe, but I can't obviously advise you to just listen to me...take it in to your dealer and get it fixed :)

All the work they are going to do on mine is covered under the warranty.

TheBigG

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2017, Kia Optima Sportswagon GT 2017
Country flag
Thank you for the prompt answer!
Honda Hässleholm (Newmanbil) will look at my car tomorrow.

So they think it is not the wires but a electronic controller. Do you have the new harness?

Do you know if it was Jonas Lindskog or Peter Israelsson that checked your car? Maybe it goes faster if my mechanic speak with your mechanic :)
Hejsan!

I took it to Honda Malmö where I purchased it from. They said as its a yellow warning light (not red) and the fact there no physical/audible problem with the car and thats its brand spiffing new, that it was safe for me to drive. They looked at it on Monday and did their research, called me back and said it was an issue with an electronic valve controlling the Rev Matching system (Not entirely sure which or what, but he is emailing me the information so I will post it up here today). There was no part available in Sweden or Belgium so he wasn't sure how long it would take for the part to come, but I was free to drive away and come back when the part comes in.

Simply turn off the rev matching function and the rev matching warning lamp will stop shouting at you, but the yellow engine lamp will stay lit. If you feel the car is driving normal/no loss of power then its safe, but I can't obviously advise you to just listen to me...take it in to your dealer and get it fixed :)

All the work they are going to do on mine is covered under the warranty.

typersweden

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for the prompt answer!
Honda Hässleholm (Newmanbil) will look at my car tomorrow.

So they think it is not the wires but a electronic controller. Do you have the new harness?

Do you know if it was Jonas Lindskog or Peter Israelsson that checked your car? Maybe it goes faster if my mechanic speak with your mechanic :)
Not sure about what the exact fault is or if I have the new harness? How can I find out?

I’ll let you know later today when I get the info, I booked it in through Peter but I would presume it was Jonas that did the checking. Peter is the one that’s sending me the information

typersweden

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
UPDATE

This is the part thats going to be replaced on mine to resolve the problem.

36180-RPY-G01

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR Rev Matching and Emissions Issues w/Check Engine light. upload_2018-1-9_12-48-17

CTR1633FK2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R Fk2 + Civic Type R Fk8
Country flag
This failing connector is connected to this #2 part. It's related to the same issue.
Sponsored