CTR Rev Matching and Emissions Issues w/Check Engine light.

RP2000R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Porsche GT4, 20 Civic Si, 15 Lexus IS350 RWD
Country flag
Can you guys that have had the issue share your badge number?

All-Knowing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NSX
Country flag
No reports about this in UK FK2R forums.
I just checked that connector in my car. It looks different in my FK2. The connector is smaller.
Guess it's not the "same" as earlier mentioned...it doesn't take many differences to induce different vibrations and such...

Hondanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Acura ILX 2.4 - 1991 CRX SI LS/V
My baby has officially joined the club. Currently at the dealer. Wish me luck!

IMG_2456.PNG
CTR #380
My estimated time for wiring harness arrival is July7-10. Just be patient brother and ask that no one but that 1 Master Tech touches your car. Mine was placed in a bay all the way to the back away from the usual traffic of cars going in and out and is up on the lift so no one can even just go by and mess with it.

RP2000R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Porsche GT4, 20 Civic Si, 15 Lexus IS350 RWD
Country flag
Hoping someone can come up with a preventive fix or a way to fix this before it happens.

Can we check the plug and see if the wires loose?
Re pin it if loose?
Solder connection?

Anyone have any ideas?
Also guys with the issue please continue to post car number!

PwrOfDreams

It ain't a Type R then it ain't a tight car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Other
Country flag
Would this happen to all type r owners. Is this what to be expected? Mines was built 5/17'

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Hoping someone can come up with a preventive fix or a way to fix this before it happens....!
It can likely be done by anyone who is half tech-savvy.
Just be aware that this is almost guaranteed to be a recall item (EPA/emissions related) so make sure it's done "discretely".
Recrimping is first choice so as not to expose electronics to stray current/voltage and toasting the ECU.
If you chose to solder, unless you're doing it the old-school way, disconnect cable at both ends - doubtful this can be easily done.

Ruckus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R. 2012 Honda Ruckus. 2001 civic sedan. 2012 accord sedan.
Country flag
Hoping someone can come up with a preventive fix or a way to fix this before it happens.

Can we check the plug and see if the wires loose?
Re pin it if loose?
Solder connection?

Anyone have any ideas?
Also guys with the issue please continue to post car number!
personally i cut the zip tie off the connector to give the wires some slack, i think they were being pulled too tight. gave the wires the tug test and they are good for now. just waiting for the recall to come out

hondatech nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline
It can likely be done by anyone who is half tech-savvy.
Just be aware that this is almost guaranteed to be a recall item (EPA/emissions related) so make sure it's done "discretely".
Recrimping is first choice so as not to expose electronics to stray current/voltage and toasting the ECU.
If you chose to solder, unless you're doing it the old-school way, disconnect cable at both ends - doubtful this can be easily done.
Plenty of emissions related things never become recalls. Most likely this will become a bulletin but may become a recall due only to the fact that this is a flagship car. Most of the time if it doesn't pose a safety threat then it won't become a recall.
Sponsored