CTR Rev Matching and Emissions Issues w/Check Engine light.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NC2 MX5 (Miata)
Country flag
If you work at McDs can you get a loan for $35k? lol
You'd be surprised how easy it is to get a auto loan, most people "carpoor" underwater with their 72month + loans on top of ADM. Actually majority of America can't or shouldn't be buying a Type R. Least I actually live in the city that can.

http://www.bankrate.com/auto/new-car-affordability-survey/

Majority americans have little to none in the way of savings

http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/12/pf/americans-lack-of-savings/index.html

Last edited:

All-Knowing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NSX
Country flag
So here I go, driving on the highway and.... bammmmm!!!! CEL, Charging System Problem, Rev Match System Problem, emissions System Problem. I'm right under 600 miles so I'm guessing I'm in the same situation as you guys that had the problem. They're checking it right now at the dealership but I did mention to them what I found here on the forum to give them somewhere to start looking. Guys, my heart skipped like 6 beats when I was driving . Thought I was having a heart attack.. :/ thankfully I have my family here that always looks out for one another with any situation we encounter with the car that we love by putting up their experiences to help others. I will be the 3rd (seems like) guinea pig on this issue so I'll also upload any and all information Honda provides me with. I'm at Carey Paul Honda in Snellville, GA so after I fix my issue maybe I can give you guys contact info for my Master Tech (which I requested be the only working on vehicle and I walked back and made sure through 2 different managers that this will happen). Will keep you guys updated. I think @Administrator can make this or a new top post concerning this issue to make it easier to find. I feel this issue will be spoken on more often coming up pretty soon.

IMG_0891.JPG
This can become a huge discussion soon I have a hunch....

Hondanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Acura ILX 2.4 - 1991 CRX SI LS/V
This can become a huge discussion soon I have a hunch....
Update!!!!!!!! This will be a common fix!!! I'm sure of it!!! Leaving the car at dealership until they get the wiring harness. Family... any and all questions please fire away so that we can be informed on this issue as much as possible. Here's the picture of the problem below. The Tech looked up on hondatech forum that they have access to between all dealers and found some info on it. Will update that as soon as he prints it out and shows it to me.

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR Rev Matching and Emissions Issues w/Check Engine light. IMG_0896.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR Rev Matching and Emissions Issues w/Check Engine light. IMG_0897.JPG

CTR1633FK2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R Fk2 + Civic Type R Fk8
Country flag
I wonder why the FK8 has this issue and the FK2 not (AFAIK). It's the same engine.

IamMrRoy

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 HRV, 18 Wrangler JK, 17 Wrangler JKU, 07 Pilot, 06 Chevy Express, 02 Chry PTC, 01 GMC Yukon XL Denali
Country flag
Maybe not a design flaw, but a production problem. Maybe one batch of this part, hopefully not all CTR owners will have this technical issue. Sounds like easy fix, may result in a recall (maybe a known issue that held some cars up mid-west and west coast, as already suggested).

Last edited:

RP2000R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Porsche GT4, 20 Civic Si, 15 Lexus IS350 RWD
Country flag
I have a road trip planned with the new R and don't want to have this happen far away from home...

Can the car be driven if you get the error messages?
Limp mode?

Thanks for any info!
Hopefully Honda addresses this ASAP!!!!!!

Hondanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Acura ILX 2.4 - 1991 CRX SI LS/V
I have a road trip planned with the new R and don't want to have this happen far away from home...

Can the car be driven if you get the error messages?
Limp mode?

Thanks for any info!
Hopefully Honda addresses this ASAP!!!!!!
Did not go in limp mode at all.. just doesn't rev match that's about it.. but the master tech did mention that it shouldn't be driven since the readings through the system aren't the right ones it might cause other things to go wrong.

Edit: also, he mentioned that the reason the whole wiring has to be replaced is because the wiring to that sensor also includes data information which is 1 of 5 data systems that the car runs off of so it can't just be "fixed"; instead just has to be replaced.

RP2000R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Porsche GT4, 20 Civic Si, 15 Lexus IS350 RWD
Country flag
How involved is the harness swap?
Sucks to have a new car torn into....

I wonder if it can be prevented?

Thx for info guys!

Dr_Drache

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 CRX - 2017 FK8 TypeR
Country flag
Did not go in limp mode at all.. just doesn't rev match that's about it.. but the master tech did mention that it shouldn't be driven since the readings through the system aren't the right ones it might cause other things to go wrong.

Edit: also, he mentioned that the reason the whole wiring has to be replaced is because the wiring to that sensor also includes data information which is 1 of 5 data systems that the car runs off of so it can't just be "fixed"; instead just has to be replaced.
well, "fixed" and "fixed properly" are two things, 100% can be fixed with a proper crimp and it won't effect the data communications (not enough resistance to break anything). but being a new car, the "fixed properly" is to have a good part (harness) installed.

fk8_#798

First Name
pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 civic is fully built engine and tranny supercharged e85 , 2017 civic touring 1.5t sedan., 2017 civic type r hatchback 2.0 turbocharged
700 miles on my ctr zero issues so far.....thanks for the warning issues

Ruckus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R. 2012 Honda Ruckus. 2001 civic sedan. 2012 accord sedan.
Country flag
This is what the Master Tech printed out.

image.jpg
I was just about to post this, pulled it up at work. as previously mentioned all honda technicians have access to "techline forums" basically the same as this forum but all for troubleshooting and stuff like that. im sure we will see a recall or at least a bulletin very soon. anytime there is a problem like this we are required to replace the entire harness, and they ask for the old part back to try and figure out what went wrong. i can tell you from personal experience engine harnesses are a bitch. it literally feels like they build the car around the harness lmao. unless there is a sub harness for this connector, then easy peasy. will have to look more into it

All-Knowing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NSX
Country flag
Update!!!!!!!! This will be a common fix!!! I'm sure of it!!! Leaving the car at dealership until they get the wiring harness. Family... any and all questions please fire away so that we can be informed on this issue as much as possible. Here's the picture of the problem below. The Tech looked up on hondatech forum that they have access to between all dealers and found some info on it. Will update that as soon as he prints it out and shows it to me.

IMG_0896.JPG

IMG_0897.JPG
Did that break off?
Sponsored