CTR Rev Matching and Emissions Issues w/Check Engine light.

CivicTypeRMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E350/Soon to be Type R
Country flag
So, I picked my CTR up yesterday with 12 miles on it. I drove 3 miles down the road to get gas because I didn't want the dealership driving it. After I finished refueling it at Shell, I paired my phone and the Rev Match and Emissions error occurred. I went right back to the dealership to further evaluate the issue. They said that it was a soft connection on the O2 sensor. They disconnected and reconnected the wire clip and reset the ECU. He said that if it happens again, bring it back and they will order an O2 sensor. So, later that evening, I was driving and noticed a delay in acceleration on the tachometer (very similar to Rev Hang) compared to the deceleration when downshifting. Not even 2 seconds later, the Emissions Warning and Rev Match issue displayed on the screen. I'll be going to back to the dealership today. How many people are experiencing these same issue with their new CTRs? Upon further troubleshooting today at Honda, they found the problem. The wire in the #2 O2 Sensor was not crimped properly into the wiring harness. I'm waiting for my picture to upload so ya'll can see the issue you are faced with them.

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR Rev Matching and Emissions Issues w/Check Engine light. IMG_1008
Sponsored

Last edited:

Phantisy

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.primalsynthetics.com
Vehicle(s)
'13 Honda Fit Sport, 17 Honda CTR
Country flag
I don't have mine yet so I can't say, but some of the cars will have issues as nothing ever produced has a perfect record. It sucks your TypeR is one of the small percentage of cars that will have issues, but Honda will take care of you do don't sweat it :)

OP
OP
CivicTypeRMan

CivicTypeRMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E350/Soon to be Type R
Country flag
I don't have mine yet so I can't say, but some of the cars will have issues as nothing ever produced has a perfect record. It sucks your TypeR is one of the small percentage of cars that will have issues, but Honda will take care of you do don't sweat it :)
Yeah, I'm not upset. It's expected.

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is another reason why I'm holding off on any tuning etc. The quirks are so unknown right now that something bad might happen.lol.
Thank you for shining a light on this. Hopefully it gets resolved quickly.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NC2 MX5 (Miata)
Country flag
I feel like multiple review testers have gotten this same error, one video with Hondapro jason and the one review from this site and another UK site. They all got the same error CE light for the rev match.

MonkeyBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #680 CW, 2011 Mazdaspeed 3
Country flag
So, I picked my CTR up yesterday with 12 miles on it. I drove 3 miles down the road to get gas because I didn't want the dealership driving it. After I finished refueling it at Shell, I paired my phone and the Rev Match and Emissions error occurred. I went right back to the dealership to further evaluate the issue. They said that it was a soft connection on the O2 sensor. They disconnected and reconnected the wire clip and reset the ECU. He said that if it happens again, bring it back and they will order an O2 sensor. So, later that evening, I was driving and noticed a delay in acceleration on the tachometer (very similar to Rev Hang) compared to the deceleration when downshifting. Not even 2 seconds later, the Emissions Warning and Rev Match issue displayed on the screen. I'll be going to back to the dealership today. How many people are experiencing these same issue with their new CTRs?
No issues so far but only put about 25 miles on it.

Detailmylifeaway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type r , s2000 , delsol & soon to be a NSX
Country flag
That sucks man , I haven't had a issue , but I'm only 20 miles inn..

typemismatch

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A whole farm of Hondas
Country flag
Hopefully turning off the rev matching will make this a non-issue for me

After as many years of driving a manual as I have, I'm probably going to find myself fighting the rev-matching anyway.

nyuofa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M4, STI
Hopefully turning off the rev matching will make this a non-issue for me

After as many years of driving a manual as I have, I'm probably going to find myself fighting the rev-matching anyway.
You know, I wasn't sure what to think of rev-matching, but on my M4, its a cool, intuitive feature. Brake while downshifting (without me having to go for any sub-par attempts at heel toe downshift braking), or just fast downshifting, its very cool. You literally just down shift and release clutch quickly, don't have to worry about blipping throttle to rev match (at least this is how it works on my M4).

typemismatch

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A whole farm of Hondas
Country flag
I don't even think about it, my primary car has been a manual for as long as I can remember, so down shift rev matching is just habit to me.

I probably won't ever break the habit either, since I build and race 90's Honda's with none of these features

CTR1633FK2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R Fk2 + Civic Type R Fk8
Country flag
Hmmm, why is rev match related to emission in this case?

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't even think about it, my primary car has been a manual for as long as I can remember, so down shift rev matching is just habit to me.

I probably won't ever break the habit either, since I build and race 90's Honda's with none of these features
Yeah it's cool that you have that ability. However, it's not cool to just ignore the fact that the car could have a potential issue.

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
So, I picked my CTR up yesterday with 12 miles on it. I drove 3 miles down the road to get gas because I didn't want the dealership driving it. After I finished refueling it at Shell, I paired my phone and the Rev Match and Emissions error occurred. I went right back to the dealership to further evaluate the issue. They said that it was a soft connection on the O2 sensor. They disconnected and reconnected the wire clip and reset the ECU. He said that if it happens again, bring it back and they will order an O2 sensor. So, later that evening, I was driving and noticed a delay in acceleration on the tachometer (very similar to Rev Hang) compared to the deceleration when downshifting. Not even 2 seconds later, the Emissions Warning and Rev Match issue displayed on the screen. I'll be going to back to the dealership today. How many people are experiencing these same issue with their new CTRs?

And Honda pro will tell you you started it up too many times~
Sponsored