CTR Rev Matching and Emissions Issues w/Check Engine light.

josh8604

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR BBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Had this issue 5 different times. Always code P0456. Wondering if at this point it is something the dealer is overlooking? They have replaced the entire EVAP system and also the fuel tank and PCM.

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Had this issue 5 different times. Always code P0456. Wondering if at this point it is something the dealer is overlooking? They have replaced the entire EVAP system and also the fuel tank and PCM.
lolwut they replaced the ECU?

Did they try replacing the capless filler? If it doesnā€™t seal properly, same deal.

Also if they canā€™t fix it after that many times you know youā€™re possibly entitled to a new car right? Lemon laws.

josh8604

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR BBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
lolwut they replaced the ECU?

Did they try replacing the capless filler? If it doesnā€™t seal properly, same deal.

Also if they canā€™t fix it after that many times you know youā€™re possibly entitled to a new car right? Lemon laws.
Yeah, the dealership contacted a field service engineer and he recommended they replace the PCM, they did this on 2 separate occasions. The last time my car was in the shop was in December of 2020 and they had it for a month just waiting for the FSE to look at the car and order the parts. Then they have to drive my car to test it. It has been a effing nightmare.

tylerdelacruz

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen CTR Rev Matching and Emissions Issues w/Check Engine light. 0952F2F3-7BAE-4FB8-8721-A2CC78F2FB57

anyone ever have this code pop up? Any idea what could be causing it? I only have a prl hvi installed and my car has been fine until today

Last edited:

rallyered225

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
0952F2F3-7BAE-4FB8-8721-A2CC78F2FB57.jpeg

anyone ever have this code pop up? Any idea what could be causing it? I only have a prl hvi installed any car has been fine until today
Check your hose connections. You may have a leak somewhere. I would go back an retighten all your clamps.

nxt3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Update 2: The two error messages are gone now. Iā€™m not sure what caused the ECU to null them, however, I drove the vehicle routinely from my residence to town (and back), for a total of approximately 40 minutes.

Assumptions: Nothing mechanical happened prior to the codes, and the only attributable issue that caused it was not reconnecting the MAF harness when I performed routine maintenance of replacing the air filter, and starting the car. After reconnecting it, the ECU still had the code and probably went through some algorithms for a set amount of time or distance before checking the conditions and exiting out of the fault with a Null.
Wanted to chime in and say I had the same thing happen to me. Changed the air filter and forgot to plug the MAF back in before starting up. I drove for about an hour over a two day period and now the errors are gone. Glad someone else made the same mistake as me! šŸ˜
Sponsored