CTR Rev Matching and Emissions Issues w/Check Engine light.

typersweden

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R GT / FK8
Vehicle Showcase
This failing connector is connected to this #2 part. It's related to the same issue.
Yeah, it will be interesting to see if just replacing that solves it! Guess they will find out soon :)
Sponsored

rcfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7, 18 FK8
Add my 2018 to the mix. At 500 miles I have the warning. Dealership currently has the car for analysis.

rcfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7, 18 FK8
Add my 2018 to the mix. At 500 miles I have the warning. Dealership currently has the car for analysis.
Picked up my car from the dealership. They replaced the air bypass valve control solenoid valve assembly. I have put 80 miles on it and so far it seems like this fixed the problem.

CTR1633FK2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R Fk2 + Civic Type R Fk8
Country flag
Picked up my car from the dealership. They replaced the air bypass valve control solenoid valve assembly. I have put 80 miles on it and so far it seems like this fixed the problem.
So, the valve itself is also an issue? Not just the connector?

typersweden

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Mines being replaced today so I will find out. I’ll see if I can get pictures of the replaced part.

CTR1633FK2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Mines being replaced today so I will find out. I’ll see if I can get pictures of the replaced part.
The problem here is, that they will be touching the connector while replacing the valve. Moving the connector might help for some time if the wire is broken inside.

rcfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7, 18 FK8
The problem here is, that they will be touching the connector while replacing the valve. Moving the connector might help for some time if the wire is broken inside.
My wire loom and connector were inspected prior to the valve replacement. The connector was updated on the 2018 models due to the 2017 problems and was determined to be error free during the inspection.

TheBigG

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2017, Kia Optima Sportswagon GT 2017
Country flag
I have the new wire harness so I don't think it is the connector...

I'v got a call from the dealer today and the part has arrived....but I'm not at home for two weeks :(

I think this is a different problem and we should star a discussion on CTR forum.

typersweden

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have the new wire harness so I don't think it is the connector...

I'v got a call from the dealer today and the part has arrived....but I'm not at home for two weeks :(

I think this is a different problem and we should star a discussion on CTR forum.
Where did you take yours?

CTR1633FK2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Interesting. Hmmm, 2 issues at the same time, connector and valve. Strange, but possible.

typersweden

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Is it temperature related? It has been very cold here 20-30F.
Do we (FK8 owners) know the differences between the 2017 and 2018 harnesses? Any pics of the both of them and why they were changed by Honda?

Anthony FK8

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 hatch, 12 civic base, 14 Si, 17 CTR
Country flag
1 sensor... 2 zip ties and crimp wrap. But that plug from a wire loom is just a poor design on hondas end. Spoke with a master tech who got back from training on the issue and I quote "this is dumb design" is what he told me. So he just cut my harness and rebuilt that section to use a stronger harness pin for the sensor and solenoid. Other than that one sensor they are the same. Pretty much the engine harmonics match a frequency that vibrates the pins inside and it snaps the connection
Sponsored