CTR Rev Matching and Emissions Issues w/Check Engine light.

Ruckus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R. 2012 Honda Ruckus. 2001 civic sedan. 2012 accord sedan.
Country flag
So the thing is that they looked up those other codes I pulled and said code P0100 was the only legitimate code in the Honda database. Thought that was pretty strange but I am more concerned about essentially recreating the problem so I can take it back in. Anyone have any suggestions? I've seen a few people talking about disconnecting the MAF to get codes to come up, is that working? Anything else?
just wanted to enlighten you on this, when you pull codes with an aftermarket code reader you usually get a "generic" code. where if they would have pulled those codes originally with the honda scan tools they most likely would have gotten different codes. in the case of something as basic as a misfire yes you will get the same p0301 either way. but when you get more into honda specific codes sometimes the scanners see things differently.

For example when i use my aftermarket scanner i may pull code 90-02 for evap system leak, but when i use the Honda HDS scan tool the code i get is p1457.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Anthony FK8

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 hatch, 12 civic base, 14 Si, 17 CTR
Country flag
if this has been posted must have missed it. was actually published over a week ago and never noticed.
p0035.png
Is this he official fix because I had the same issue and all they did was replace the pins and re connect them

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
if this has been posted must have missed it. was actually published over a week ago and never noticed.
p0035.png
"So far, we haven't seen any reports of comebacks from using this harness."

I realize the intended audience for this information is technicians at Honda dealers and not owners, but the language doesn't instill much confidence. I visualize Honda scrambling to work with the harness supplier to come up with a fix that they hope is permanent so they won't have change the harness out a second time because they didn't have enough to time to test it thoroughly.

CTR1633FK2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R Fk2 + Civic Type R Fk8
Country flag
Is this he official fix because I had the same issue and all they did was replace the pins and re connect them
Make sure those wires don't vibrate anymore by applying some silicone sealant or similar stuff on them.

Anthony FK8

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 hatch, 12 civic base, 14 Si, 17 CTR
Country flag
I just went back to the dealer today. Told them about the official fix and he kinda laughed and said. Check the sensor on your car. He upgraded all the wiring and used a larger pin and heat wrapped it all up and it, its beefy now. So if it happens again. He will replace the whole harness he thought Honda replacing the whole harness was costly when it's just the one sensor design that sucks basically all the other sensors don't have slack and clip into place and are fastened better I guess. But no issues since the repair

erickreds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 civic si
So I had my car come up with this issues and they fixed it , I'm assuming they didn't replace the harness but repaired the same harness because two weeks later now . The issue has comeback

Jaydubs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TypeR
Country flag
So I'm gonna take a wild guess and say because 2018 isn't listed on that, they fixed the problem for the 2018s..

I wonder what else they swapped out.

typemismatch

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A whole farm of Hondas
Country flag
So I'm gonna take a wild guess and say because 2018 isn't listed on that, they fixed the problem for the 2018s..

Pretty sure one of the factors with the slow roll out of wave 2 and 3 was because they grabbed everything that hadn't been delivered and replaced the harness. Might also be why we're seeing low R plate numbers in wave 3 and 2018 cars.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag

Honda started using the new engine harness in the later 2017 model years.

Bgibson9091

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1997 Ford Ranger
Country flag
The code just came up for me as I was driving to get some lunch lol. Taking it to the dealership tomorrow, but for now I'll just turn off the rev match system and drive old school. Hope they can fix it. Btw I was at 8k miles.

erickreds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 civic si
After experiencing the notorious 2nd gear grind two day ago. Immediately after I could not put my car in 1st gear. And still can't I took it to the dealership and they can't either they're working on it now trying to diagnose the problem. Has this happened to anyone else?

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag

RAR

First Name
Rene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 G37xS Coupe; 2013 Civic EX Sedan; 2017 Q50 Red Sport 400; 2017 CTR ABM
Country flag
p0035.png
Has anyone taken their CTR to service to replace the engine wire harness per the Tech Line Service Article? If so, how long did it take to replace it?

Thanks.
Sponsored