CTR Rev Matching and Emissions Issues w/Check Engine light.

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
I was offered a rental car (paid for by the dealership). I have only had the car for three weeks after all.

The awesome thing about this forum was that I was able to explain the prevalence of the issue to the service manager with images posted to this thread, even though I appear to be the first Canadian to experience the P035 error.

Thanks to @CivicTypeRMan @vanovem1 @Cpt-GargameL @Hondanatic @TypeCrane @House of hondas @BigLT42 @vade_R @mikec27 @Travis @jmayo1056 @hwessin for posting their experiences. You have really helped me. Thank-you.
Sponsored

SpraykwoN

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Acura ILX A-Spec and looking for a Civic Type-R
Country flag
I got my car back yesterday. I'm really not happy with having my car for 3 weeks and 1 entire week was at the dealership. I expressed my concerns to the customer service department and they kind of blew it off. Do you think it's unreasonable to expect some kind of compensation for the inconvenience and time it took to replace the wire harness?

As for what type of compensation.. I just want some weather tech mats or some type of accessory for the vehicle. I don't want to be unreasonable but I was not happy at all.

Thoughts?
Lol so you want some free stuff to compensate for your car being at a dealership for 1 week? Your car was fixed for free and you were given a loaner as compensation which also saved wear and tear on your Type R.

I can see if maybe your car was in the shop repeatedly for the same issue...over and over. But one time for an issue that was resolved the first time, the dealership and Honda don't owe you squat. My 2016 Acura has been at the dealership probably 15 times i the 2 years I have owned it, for various issues as well as damage caused when it was in service. The ONLY thing I always ask for is a rental car to get me to and from work while the repairs were being made. I should start asking for free shit then based on your logic.

Just be happy the car is fixed and you can thoroughly enjoy it now with no issues. Just remember, nothing is ever perfect.

Last edited:

hwessin

First Name
Harrison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R Black
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That is very good to know.
My loner has been a 2015 Accord Sport with the 2.4L Si motor. I've been driving it like a moron in a fit of rage and uncertainty. It has been getting similar mpgs to my CTR on my daily commute. I really miss my car

Travis

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R
Lol so you want some free stuff to compensate for your car being at a dealership for 1 week? Your car was fixed for free and you were given a loaner as compensation which also saved wear and tear on your Type R.

I can see if maybe your car was in the shop repeatedly for the same issue...over and over. But one time for an issue that was resolved the first time, the dealership and Honda don't owe you squat. My 2016 Acura has been at the dealership probably 15 times i the 2 years I have owned it, for various issues as well as damage caused when it was in service. The ONLY thing I always ask for is a rental car to get me to and from work while the repairs were being made. I should start asking for free shit then based on your logic.

Just be happy the car is fixed and you can thoroughly enjoy it now with no issues. Just remember, nothing is ever perfect.
My car was in the shop twice for the same reason. After showing them this forum page and showing them pictures of the issue they were unable to locate the issue. I told them honda tech was aware of the issue and I guess they didn't take my advice because they weren't able to find the problem. So they sent me on my way after clearing the check engine lights. After 10 minutes of driving it came back on and I had to take it back to them. I again told them the same thing I told them the first time.

After that. They told me my vehicle would be done on a certain day. When I went in to pick it up he said he hadn't started on it. 4 days later it was fixed. That's why I'm frustrated..

OP
OP
CivicTypeRMan

CivicTypeRMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E350/Soon to be Type R
Country flag
I was offered a rental car (paid for by the dealership). I have only had the car for three weeks after all.

The awesome thing about this forum was that I was able to explain the prevalence of the issue to the service manager with images posted to this thread, even though I appear to be the first Canadian to experience the P035 error.

Thanks to @CivicTypeRMan @vanovem1 @Cpt-GargameL @Hondanatic @TypeCrane @House of hondas @BigLT42 @vade_R @mikec27 @Travis @jmayo1056 @hwessin for posting their experiences. You have really helped me. Thank-you.
Glad we can help man.

mikec27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 S2000, 2017 CTR
Country flag
For the folks that have gotten their harnesses changed, did Honda provide a loaner?
I was given a rental car paid for by Honda.

Also, I'm not sure why it's taking so long for some dealerships to get the replacement part. Mine was able to get it overnight and the repair was done in a day.

Lord Vade_R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R 1996 Civic Hatch
IMG_4416.JPG

New harness was installed last week on mine. The turbo bypass solenoid connector appears to be slightly reinforced.

IMG_4443.JPG
It is a new part number with last digits of A02 original part number was A01
Mine was at the dealer for a week they gave me a loaner to use for that time. Once they had the harness it took a day to install. One piece of advice would be to try to deal directly with the master tech since there are not too many type R out there my master tech took special interest in the car.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
It is a new part number with last digits of A02 original part number was A01
Mine was at the dealer for a week they gave me a loaner to use for that time. Once they had the harness it took a day to install. One piece of advice would be to try to deal directly with the master tech since there are not too many type R out there my master tech took special interest in the car.
Looks like this is the main engine harness. See part #1.

http://hondapartsnetwork.com/assemb...ing-6-Speed-Manual-Engine-Wire-Harness-Type-R

Clips and plastic pieces will be broken during replacement unfortunately.

Lord Vade_R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Right. The entire engine wiring harness was replaced and the new part number ends with -A02 while the old harness ends with -A01
I wonder if there's an easy way to identify between a01 and a02.

And I wonder if the recent batches are using a02.

Lord Vade_R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wonder if there's an easy way to identify between a01 and a02.

And I wonder if the recent batches are using a02.
Unfortunately I did not take a picture of the old harness but the master tech and the parts guy at Honda said that the two are different at the plug in site of the turbo solenoid connector. I would think the next batch would have the new type of harness. Are you waiting for the next batch? Or do you have one from the first batch?

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Unfortunately I did not take a picture of the old harness but the master tech and the parts guy at Honda said that the two are different at the plug in site of the turbo solenoid connector. I would think the next batch would have the new type of harness. Are you waiting for the next batch? Or do you have one from the first batch?
I'm waiting for mine with an ETA first week of Sept. The VIN is in the 2xxx range. I'm hoping it has the newer harness.

If someone can take a old and new side by side, that'd be greatly appreciated.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Here's the new (first) and the old (second).

New has grey shrink tape and 2 zip ties on the connector. Not sure if those zip ties were put on by the tech or if the new harness came like that.

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR Rev Matching and Emissions Issues w/Check Engine light. IMG_0028.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR Rev Matching and Emissions Issues w/Check Engine light. IMG_0031.JPG