CTR REAR SWAY BAR INSTALLED...ADDITIONAL INFO FOR YOU GUYS

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
Just installed my type r rear sway bar AND end links onto my 2018 Si and being that this info isnt out there in its entirety I would like to share that the end links are in fact different/improved over the SI end links and will bolt directly in place of the stockers. The oem end links are polymer design and the ctr end links are all metal with much better torsional rigidity. Definitely a worthwhile improvement over the stock setup. The oem ones can be used if necessary but why not upgrade the upgrade! Just wanted to share.
Sponsored

staylurkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI Coupe, 14' Accord Coupe v6 (RIP)
Country flag
Just installed my type r rear sway bar AND end links onto my 2018 Si and being that this info isnt out there in its entirety I would like to share that the end links are in fact different/improved over the SI end links and will bolt directly in place of the stockers. The oem end links are polymer design and the ctr end links are all metal with much better torsional rigidity. Definitely a worthwhile improvement over the stock setup. The oem ones can be used if necessary but why not upgrade the upgrade! Just wanted to share.
How has the handling balance changed?

OP
OP
PowerPerLiter

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
How has the handling balance changed?
My last auto x made me realize the car desperately needed just more rotation to undo the fact honda ultimately had to keep it a safe road car for the masses and design it to push at the absolute limit. Just from the around town I've been seeing the front end going where i point it even more so. It so far feels absolutely right. It is exactly what i was wanting and just so. Still such a well balanced car and if anything it feels just perfectly neutral with a lean towards rotating the rear in a heavy steady state sweeper. A aggressive throw would definitely get the rear to step out. Should be a blast at my next points event! Even rides better to me somehow.

staylurkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI Coupe, 14' Accord Coupe v6 (RIP)
Country flag
My last auto x made me realize the car desperately needed just more rotation to undo the fact honda ultimately had to keep it a safe road car for the masses and design it to push at the absolute limit. Just from the around town I've been seeing the front end going where i point it even more so. It so far feels absolutely right. It is exactly what i was wanting and just so. Still such a well balanced car and if anything it feels just perfectly neutral with a lean towards rotating the rear in a heavy steady state sweeper. A aggressive throw would definitely get the rear to step out. Should be a blast at my next points event! Even rides better to me somehow.
Good to hear it makes a difference even in daily driving. Best of luck in your next event

Xtelotatichl

First Name
Cha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si
Country flag
I was hoping for a bit more oversteer myself. I didn't do the type R end links because I didn't know the part number and was rushing to put in my order before they raised the price. It is more balanced now indeed, but it's still very much tame compared to when I put a progressive RSS on my 9th and set that to the stiffest setting.

OP, do you happen to have the part number for the end links? If they're that much improved I want to make the switch!

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Part# and/or link to the end links? I have a progress RSB to go on and may as well do this too, thanks!!!!

Dying2Live

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LX Sedan Manual
Country flag
is the ctr bar 20mm?

Matthyahuw

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Agean Blue Civic Si Sedan 2016 Omaha Orange Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
there any aftermarket links yet, like MOOG?
I've always gotten MOOG replacement parts as they make them a bit beefier than stock.
Also, any poly bushings showing up yet too???

OP
OP
PowerPerLiter

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The factory stuff is plenty beefy and all Honda. If its good enough for the ctr I am ok with it but the durometer of the stock bushings seem excellent and not a squeak creating type of poly. The end links I dont think can be built in a stronger fashion in my opinion.

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
The factory stuff is plenty beefy and all Honda. If its good enough for the ctr I am ok with it but the durometer of the stock bushings seem excellent and not a squeak creating type of poly. The end links I dont think can be built in a stronger fashion in my opinion.
No, it isn’t. At least not the stock end links.

I have the Progress rsb, which is the same size as the ctr bar, and the stock units were not up to the task.

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR REAR SWAY BAR INSTALLED...ADDITIONAL INFO FOR YOU GUYS D8F39E0D-5472-4BED-AA09-C102F5E80D7B

The bushings were starting to get pulled out when I replaced them with Accord end links after 20k miles.

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
I much prefer the 2018+ Accord cast aluminum end links. They are cheaper (12$ a piece) and don’t have any welds which are a failure point.

072C208D-344C-48C6-B6B9-4197F47DBA68.jpeg
Do you have the part number? What do the TypeR ones look like? Why 3 times the price of these......

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si White Orchid Pearl, 1983 Foxbody 4 eye Notchback
Country flag
Do you have the part number? What do the TypeR ones look like? Why 3 times the price of these......
Going off of his picture I took the part number and searched and came up with this: 52320-TLB-A0 Came back on HPN for 14 a piece so looks to be them. I haven’t even upgraded my rear bar yet and am considering picking these up as I have some track time coming up...
Sponsored