CTR owners what's your avg MPG so far???

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
Against traffic freeway commuter . Avg 85mph somtimes triple digit speed . Barely use 6th gear .

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR owners what's your avg MPG so far??? image
Sponsored

motazor

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Honda Civic Si, 2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
A lot of my mileage is my 7 mile commute to work, where I get on the freeway for about a mile and get right back off. I haven't averaged below 24 MPG on any tank, and I'm at 3,700 miles. If I'm driving around town and shift around 3K RPM I can stay around 26 MPG. The highest I've gotten was 34 MPG on a 90 mile freeway drive with the cruise at 73 for 1/3 of the way and 78 for the remainder.

Loconinja

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R (FK8)
In normal driving, my average is 32mpg (UK gallons).

On track last weekend, I got 12mpg:

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR owners what's your avg MPG so far??? 3sYs6jcK

Attachments

TonyD

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rallye Red Type R
Country flag
Keep in mind the dash mileage is way off. I have been tracking mine for the last few tanks and the actual miles/gal calculation is 2mpg UNDER. For example the last tank showed 28mpg on the dash and the math worked out to 26. The tank prior saw 29 on the dash and 27 for real.

I did a hypermile run a few weeks ago and saw 32 on the dash for a 100 mile trip. It was mostly 40/50 mph roads connecting towns, so not highway but not stop and go either. The CTR seems to LOVE cruising at moderate speed in 4/5th gear. Highway mileage is much lower at 75mph steady.

TonyD

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rallye Red Type R
Country flag
I always tell myself that I want to see how well I can make the engine sip, but I never make it more than a day before I start flying down on ramps.
I had to go see a customer and it was a cool morning passing through several local towns on a road that normally has several cops so I had to be good.

I agree it is tough. Its hard to play nice when it would be easy to jam the loud pedal and pass at every opportunity.

I've had other turbo cars but I've never seen one this sensitive to driving habits. My last car was an STI and no matter if I was driving on a long highway trip, going to work, playing hooligan or out for a Sunday drive it always got 19-21mpg.

therealdarkknight

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Keep in mind the dash mileage is way off. I have been tracking mine for the last few tanks and the actual miles/gal calculation is 2mpg UNDER. For example the last tank showed 28mpg on the dash and the math worked out to 26. The tank prior saw 29 on the dash and 27 for real.

I did a hypermile run a few weeks ago and saw 32 on the dash for a 100 mile trip. It was mostly 40/50 mph roads connecting towns, so not highway but not stop and go either. The CTR seems to LOVE cruising at moderate speed in 4/5th gear. Highway mileage is much lower at 75mph steady.
I would have to second that. My dash says it’s at 28 I did one fill up and calculated a little over 26.9

TypeR1105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I live in the Bay Area and so far temps have been in 50/60s, on highway I get 28-30 but here we have so much traffic on streets and highway there’s a lot of stop and go so I get anywhere from 21-26 realistically. I drive most of the time in comfort mode too.

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
I drive mostly city because I hate traffic and would prefer getting around on surface streets so I'm only averaging about 24.5 mpg. Not too bad, not great.

hafadaze

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R (#1106)
Country flag
3 in a row for 24mpg.

Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
On mostly highway trips, I get about 28.7 miles per gallon. On city driving, I get about 22~25 miles per gallon. Not much traffic where I live.

todda

2018 Aegean blue CTR 14103
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean blue Type R; 2011 Subaru WRX limited; 2003 Acura RSX-S were previous vehicles
Country flag
odometer just rolled past a thousand miles. Car is reading 20.1 mpg and I’m getting a little over 200 miles per tank from full tank to low fuel warning light. 90% in town driving. I was thinking I would get better mileage than my stage 2 Golf R but it’s pretty much the same. Is it the sh!tty CA gas or are more people seeing these numbers?
I have driven my CTR about 500 miles and am averaging about 26.5 mpg with 90 % in town driving, mostly in 5th and 6th gear in comfort mode. Have a freeway trip of about 80 miles and 120 miles upcoming and will see what the mileage is at about 75 mph on Interstate 5. The car is still in the break in window so I am keeping the tach under 4000 rpm and no max accelerating (yet..).
Sponsored