CTR Owners - Please answer honestly

Have you experienced any of the following?

• Total voters

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
I’ve been locked out of gear at a complete stop several times. E man modified cmc and Motul gear 300 fluid. Shifts butter smooth when warmed up though.
Sponsored

Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2016 Accord Sport
Country flag
I’ve been locked out of gear at a complete stop several times. E man modified cmc and Motul gear 300 fluid. Shifts butter smooth when warmed up though.
Who is this E man you speak of?

IceyD

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Champ White CTR 2018
Country flag
if it makes anyone feel better i lockout and grind in my chevy spark all the time

forrestbb

First Name
Forrest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 RR CTR, Civic SI-2008 sedan
Country flag
Only issue I have on the list is heat soak. I track the car and that's the only time I run into heat issues. Been making changes to address it and just finished 2 day track event where ambient was 99F both days. Swirl marks I did myself, but ended up polishing and doing ceramic coating to resolve. The car has bee solid and so much fun. Best of luck to all with issues.
Hi JP, Can I ask where you got your ceramic done assuming in SF bay area?
Who do you recommend?

R MODE

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R Championship White
Country flag
Steering wheel is not centered when driving straight... it’s off a good bit on some... whoever drive there car an it don’t heat soak must not drive in an traffic of have 2 stop light in there whole town... the intercooler def heat soaks
I live in Phoenix and I've driven the car in 117 degree F. Zero heat soak issues and that's in all conditions including stop and go and spirited driving.

R MODE

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R Championship White
Country flag
44 people with gear grinds an everyone on here says they have no problems... an don’t help the people that do Honda will never fix this.. I think they have an idiot transmission assemblers over in Japan that work on fridays... these must be Friday made transmissions who cares weekends coming.. let’s clock out an go home
You mean 44 people on here that take responsibility for mistakes they have made while shifting resulting in a gear grind. Honest people that answered honestly. I didn't know this thread was about helping those who have grinding issues stick it to Honda even if it's the drivers fault. My bad.

FriscoBrah

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Championship White Civic Type R
Country flag
You mean 44 people on here that take responsibility for mistakes they have made while shifting resulting in a gear grind. Honest people that answered honestly. I didn't know this thread was about helping those who have grinding issues stick it to Honda even if it's the drivers fault. My bad.
Lmao!

I thought everyone on here was a pro race car driver tho?

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Constantly getting locked out of 4th gear in the cold, it's causing me to grind the gear and is pissing me off.

It's like Russian roulette, so freaking annoying.

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
lol I can literally record a video of me being so careful to shift into 4th and you can see it lock me out with the clutch depressed all the way lol.

Last edited:

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Headgasket leak? You sure you didn't mean a valve cover gasket maybe? Head gasket is pretty severe and this would be the first time I see someone would be having this problem. As for tranny problem, a lot of people might not catch it in the moment or even want to admit that they might have messed up their shift (not clutched in all the way, shifted to slow or fast, released clutch too soon, etc....) I 2nd Emans modded FK8 CMC as a great solution if you get locked out of gear for trying to shift really fast at high rpms, took care of my problem on the Si that is caused from the delay valve and poor flowing CMC.

OneSickFK8

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PMM FK8
Country flag
Constantly getting locked out of 4th gear in the cold, it's causing me to grind the gear and is pissing me off.

It's like Russian roulette, so freaking annoying.
Change to AMSOil Synchromesh.

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
The one that bothered me the most was the gasket leak issue, glad I got it fixed under warranty.
Sponsored