CTR Owners - Please answer honestly

Have you experienced any of the following?

• Total voters

turboshawn

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 Buick Grand National, 11 GTR, 18 CBP Type R, 11 Tundra Rock Warrior
Country flag
My car drove straight but was off quit a bit to the right.. that quality control issues when these cars are supposed to be test drove before there shipped from Swindon plant.. first thing I had done was have my buddy align it. It’s not really a big deal just annoying when u buy a new
Sponsored

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
2018, 7300 miles, none of these issues ail my car. The heat soak I’m not 100% sure about because on some of the really hot (90+ high humidity) days I wasn’t sure if some pulls off the line were a bit slower but I also had the AC blasting me to keep me cool.

Driveitlikeuboughtit

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
I mean I've ground a gear - but I don't have a systemic issue and it very well could have been me. Am I still supposed to vote Yes?

Same with lockout - brand new, literally only in break-in period, my car did not want to go into 5th and 6th gear. Hasn't been an issue since.

remc86007

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Steering wheel is not centered when driving straight... it’s off a good bit on some... whoever drive there car an it don’t heat soak must not drive in an traffic of have 2 stop light in there whole town... the intercooler def heat soaks
I thought it was referring to the condition people have gotten on track where the car goes into limp mode due to overheating and heatsoaking the radiator.

willimo

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Civic, 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I get the vibe that it's referring to someone who wants to cry about how modern Hondas are junk and we should all go buy KIA Fortes :dunno:

HumbleSage

The Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2, 2008 Civic SI's. 1 Ralleye Red (Stock). 1 Fiji Blue Pearl (Modified). 1 2017 Civic Type-R (Stock)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This survey is missing an important question. Have you modified your CTR in any way? This is crucial because looking at the current numbers I'd be hard pressed to think any of those issues exist on a stock CTR as I've had mine on the road for 15k miles and none of these problems have occurred. I also have left it completely stock.

kevv_FK8

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2022 Honda Pilot SE, 2013 Honda Civic
Country flag
Steering wheel is not centered when driving straight... it’s off a good bit on some... whoever drive there car an it don’t heat soak must not drive in an traffic of have 2 stop light in there whole town... the intercooler def heat soaks
ive been caught in a couple bumper to bumper 5 o'clock rush hour traffic in 90+ degree weather and never had heat soak problems.

OP
OP
EnjoyDriving

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
Ture, this poll is missing 2 important questions : 1) MY17 or MY18 2) Stock or MOD - this is my first creating a poll on here and ran into the limitation of the options.

With the current statistics, it indicates the most serious issue is the "grinding" but yet the numbers don't show that it's a design flaw at this moment. So, it's either a defective part or user error, or even both. Agree?

milw27

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grey
Country flag
What about bent rims and flat tires? When I picked up my car 3 were already plugged. They are useless tires.

Frankly shame on Honda for sticking customers with this burden so that their performance numbers were a little better. This isn’t a Ferrari but a Civic.

Outside of that in 1,000 miles I’ve got rattles and shifting sometimes isn’t fluid finding gears all of the time.

OP
OP
EnjoyDriving

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
Did you take the bad tires/rims back to dealer for replacement? Did they give do it or give you a hard time? These rims/tires are not meant for DD for sure, i am seriously planning to get their "Tire & Wheel Protection Plan" and i am researching on the validity of that plan right now as well.

What about bent rims and flat tires? When I picked up my car 3 were already plugged. They are useless tires.

Frankly shame on Honda for sticking customers with this burden so that their performance numbers were a little better. This isn’t a Ferrari but a Civic.

Outside of that in 1,000 miles I’ve got rattles and shifting sometimes isn’t fluid finding gears all of the time.

Deleted member 21875

had a lock out of 6th gear...figured I was going to slow for 6th...that was under 500 miles...haven't had a problem since...stock everything. 2018 almost 200o miles. On another note I tracked it Friday and drove it today and the car shimmy's under breaking now. Taking to the dealer tomorrow. I also got the wheel protection it was like 400.

OP
OP
EnjoyDriving

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
What is the name of your dealer that sells "Tire and Wheel Protection" for $400? For how many months? 36 or 60?

had a lock out of 6th gear...figured I was going to slow for 6th...that was under 500 miles...haven't had a problem since...stock everything. 2018 almost 200o miles. On another note I tracked it Friday and drove it today and the car shimmy's under breaking now. Taking to the dealer tomorrow. I also got the wheel protection it was like 400.

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR #16979, '18 Odyssey
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I voted yes on the following:

Grind issue - Only once, and I ground both 1-2 and 2-3, which tells me I had a lapse and just completely screwed up an attempt to have some fun. Otherwise, and on several successive hard, high RPM 1-2's, no issues. But I had it so I voted yes. Hard to say it's the car's fault at this point.
Heat soak - 85+ ambient, in traffic, it'll heat soak. I spent enough time with TunerView running, seeing IATs and it is very quick to get over 120 which is heat soak. Additionally, you might see cruising IATs at 95-ish, but then one good blast and you can't get them back below 110-ish at the same speed and temps, that tells me it's heat soak. That said, the car still has plenty of get up and go even heat soaked.
Paint pebbles/orange peel - Yes, mine has that. Also has a rock chip on the driver's side even with mudflaps installed. It just is what it is. This car doesn't have great paint, nor does it have much of it. I'll touch it up and move on.

I am modded and I'm not very nice to the car overall, and issues or no, it's a wonderful experience.

OP
OP
EnjoyDriving

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
you can try removing the trim insert gasket to to see if it help the heat soak issue at all : https://www.civicx.com/threads/night-fury.17053/page-5#post-449749

I voted yes on the following:

Grind issue - Only once, and I ground both 1-2 and 2-3, which tells me I had a lapse and just completely screwed up an attempt to have some fun. Otherwise, and on several successive hard, high RPM 1-2's, no issues. But I had it so I voted yes. Hard to say it's the car's fault at this point.
Heat soak - 85+ ambient, in traffic, it'll heat soak. I spent enough time with TunerView running, seeing IATs and it is very quick to get over 120 which is heat soak. Additionally, you might see cruising IATs at 95-ish, but then one good blast and you can't get them back below 110-ish at the same speed and temps, that tells me it's heat soak. That said, the car still has plenty of get up and go even heat soaked.
Paint pebbles/orange peel - Yes, mine has that. Also has a rock chip on the driver's side even with mudflaps installed. It just is what it is. This car doesn't have great paint, nor does it have much of it. I'll touch it up and move on.

I am modded and I'm not very nice to the car overall, and issues or no, it's a wonderful experience.
Sponsored