CTR Honda Care Extended Warranty

jtrown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Civic Hybrid, 2010 Accord Crosstour, Rallye Red CTR
This may have been brought up before but is anyone getting pulled into the Honda Care Warranty for their R? While I was signing my paperwork on Wednesday of course the finance jockey threw out the need to protect my awesome Type R. So me being the most interesting guy at the dealership let him spill the (We want to take care of your car) line. So while he had me turn my head to the right and cough and just before I felt the little wiggley he spit out the price. A mere $3300.00! And at that point the little wiggley felt like maybe a half fist was making its way up to my throat through my ass I politely said.....not at this time thank you. Anyone else thinking of ponying up????
Sponsored

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
Not unless it comes with a yearly tire replacement lol.

Modomo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #0369
Country flag
You know you guys can negotiate all the finance stuff. These finance managers make a killing cause they can fenagle numbers around. I want to say that cost for that warranty in around 1k. So if you guys plan to get warranty, shoot for 1100 - 1200ish or something close.

As an previous salesman, I used to envy how easy their job was for that kind of money (easy 6 figures). We salesman would hustle for customers which are then just handed to them, we get customers to agree on a set "monthly" payment (usually set at a high interest that gives them cushion to sell things), customer's guard is down since they think negotiating car price is the hard part.

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag
This may have been brought up before but is anyone getting pulled into the Honda Care Warranty for their R? While I was signing my paperwork on Wednesday of course the finance jockey threw out the need to protect my awesome Type R. So me being the most interesting guy at the dealership let him spill the (We want to take care of your car) line. So while he had me turn my head to the right and cough and just before I felt the little wiggley he spit out the price. A mere $3300.00! And at that point the little wiggley felt like maybe a half fist was making its way up to my throat through my ass I politely said.....not at this time thank you. Anyone else thinking of ponying up????
Man, this write up made me fall off the back of my chair in laughter. Haven't quite ever heard a trip to the finance department been described like that before. :rofl:

elmatatan45

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R

I will be getting the honda care for my CTR, considering that the dealership told me that it would cost $500. Three years of all maintenance covered.... it will pay itself off within the first year... I hand honda care for my 14 Si and it was nice not having to deal with or pay for any maintenance.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I will be getting the honda care for my CTR, considering that the dealership told me that it would cost $500. Three years of all maintenance covered.... it will pay itself off within the first year... I hand honda care for my 14 Si and it was nice not having to deal with or pay for any maintenance.
What kind of maintenance is to be expected in the first year of CTR ownership that will cost $500+?

elmatatan45

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
What kind of maintenance is to be expected in the first year of CTR ownership that will cost $500+?
Well until I find a decent beater to use daily, I will be putting at least 150 miles on daily. The miles will rack on quickly and oil changes will come more often. First time I took my Si for a simple oil change, the dealership flushed the antifreeze, windshield washer fluid, balance and rotated the tires along with some other things that I can't quite remember. That alone was supposed to be nearly 300 dollars (only after having the car for 3 months). I guess it all depends on a persons situation... i definitively want to get a beater sooner than later... the thought of putting so many miles on that quickly bothers me.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well until I find a decent beater to use daily, I will be putting at least 150 miles on daily. The miles will rack on quickly and oil changes will come more often. First time I took my Si for a simple oil change, the dealership flushed the antifreeze, windshield washer fluid, balance and rotated the tires along with some other things that I can't quite remember. That alone was supposed to be nearly 300 dollars (only after having the car for 3 months). I guess it all depends on a persons situation... i definitively want to get a beater sooner than later... the thought of putting so many miles on that quickly bothers me.
Yeah that's a lot of miles for any "special" car. I hope the maintenance package does not have a mileage limit, sounds like you may burn through it in a year or so if it does.

pdiizeru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type-R #225
Country flag
Windshield washer fluid....? Really...?:confused:

TheBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CTR Boost Blue, '21 Mazda 3
Country flag
Guess I'm a little late to the party, but... What you need to do is talk to Sean Rauch at Hyannis Honda. You don't have to purchase the HondaCare extended warranty from the dealer that you purchased the car from. Hyannis sells the authentic Honda warranty basically at COST. I've bought for my 2 Si and am going to do it again for the CTR as soon as I take delivery this week. I don't work for them or get anything out of it...just passing along info that most don't know. Here is what they quoted me - don't go by this, as it may or may not be exactly the same, but it will give you an idea: This is NOT for the maintenance plan...but they also have those warranties - cheap....relatively.

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR Honda Care Extended Warranty 1629650699501

ImMikeD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FK8
Country flag
Too add to the post above; I just got mine thro Saccucci Honda. Eight year/120,000 mile for $1145

elisalsa24

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Country flag
nah honestly it isnt worth it the only thing I got was the tire and wheel warranty

elisalsa24

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Country flag
Honda Care doesn't cover maintenance thats something else they're trying to sell you on top of the Honda Care, regardless maintenance for the civic is literally simple cheap shit
Sponsored