CTR/Hatch tint place in SoCal

stellarrock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Can anyone recommend a place in SFV (or close to Palmdale) that can properly tint a CTR or Hatch? Meaning the shop actually bought a back glass from Honda to use as a template so they don't have to remove the spoiler and wing.
Sponsored

OP
OP

stellarrock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Can anyone help out with where they had their hatch/Type R tinted?

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
if you want it properly done, gotta drive a bit.. contact g5 tint in alhambra, ca.. may be an hr something drive for you but they do 1 piece cuts.
What type of film did you get ? I'm considering tint as well, but for every good one there's a lot of bad ones. They look like they have good reviews.

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
g5 is top notch.. they are not cheap either. go with llumar ctx.. most bang for the buck.. also if i were you i would get the windshield too.

Once you have a car with a good windshield tint you wont ever go back to driving one without tint.. you dont have that blazing socal sun hitting your hands while you are driving. I believe its an extra $100 just to do the windshield. I have it on all my cars and would not drive one without it.
An extra $100 for just the windshield? Holy crap, how much is the other windows

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
g5 is top notch.. they are not cheap either. go with llumar ctx.. most bang for the buck.. also if i were you i would get the windshield too.

Once you have a car with a good windshield tint you wont ever go back to driving one without tint.. you dont have that blazing socal sun hitting your hands while you are driving. I believe its an extra $100 just to do the windshield. I have it on all my cars and would not drive one without it.
A front tint is illegal in my state. :(

zelmo

First Name
Romy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2020 Honda Pilot
Country flag
An extra $100 for just the windshield? Holy crap, how much is the other windows
Yup, I swear by G5. They have a hatch glass template so there's no need to take off the spoilers and rear wiper.

They even re-tinted my full windshield when the bubbles did not dry up.

Place was recommended by a member of Socal CTR and I am recommending them as well.

OP
OP

stellarrock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag

How much was it (minus the windshield)?

Htod86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR, Highlander
Country flag
I use Black Diamond in Valencia. They just tinted all my windows minus windshield for 275. I believe they use ASWF. I have had the stuff on my other cars for close to 3 years without any problems. I have had Lumar and 3M in the past and I think this stuff is better.

Htod86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR, Highlander
Country flag
aswf.. american standard window film.. is a dye film.. in turn which usually fade in a matter of 3-5 years if you live in cali.. this why ASWF is so cheap to do.

you want carbon film. no interference and never fades but cost a bit more..

people say tint is tint and it is not true.. have you ever tested one of those 3m crystalline displays they have at tint shops where they put the heat lamp there for you to play with. There are a couple of swatches to test the UV temps through.. you cant feel crap from 3m crystalline but you can feel a tiny bit from 3m color stable.

to summarize.. never get dye window film.. its the worse of the worse.. 3m color stable is the best bang for the buck.. 3m crystalline is like 2.5 times the price but its for ballers.
I have had the 3M products in the past on my FRS and the views out of the car were definitely not as clear as what I have now. Whether that was installation error or product, I am not sure. I will say that I am happy with the ASFW even if it is cheaper. Also I keep my cars garaged a majority of the time so I guess it varies for each individual.

Htod86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR, Highlander
Country flag
i guess.. i mean you dont get tint so that you can keep it in the garage.. you get tint to reflect UV and get some darkness in the car when it is actually in the sun.. it needs to do both and also last.

this is why 3m is highly recommended nowadays.. 3m in the past was not that good but over the years people now actually request for 3m crystalline or color stable as buyers give really good reviews.

ASWF isnt bad in persay with most generic brands on the market but def isnt worth getting over 3m color stable pricewise

Not disputing your input. 3m was not good tint for me. Just wanted to post the info for a shop the original poster asked about. I have a good friend who owns a tint shop up north and they will tell you nothing but llumar. Just depends what you think is the best for personal application.

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Acura RL, 16 Acura MDX, 17 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
I'd recommend Signature Glass Tinting at Costa Mesa, they bought a back window for the hatch, so no need to remove the spoiler on your car for them to do it, computer cut film as well. They do an awesome job.

Woltaire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I'd recommend Signature Glass Tinting at Costa Mesa, they bought a back window for the hatch, so no need to remove the spoiler on your car for them to do it, computer cut film as well. They do an awesome job.
I can vouch for this place as well. I just got my car tinted there this past Saturday with Madico Black Pearl on the sides and rear with LLumar AIR80 on the front. I was fixed on getting LLumar CTX, but they sold me on Madico. Everything there is laser cut with the computer. No need to disassemble the hatch or hand cut anything on the actual windows. The staff there seems very knowledgeable about what they do since all they do is tint. I drove 100 miles to them (1hr 30min) because all the places near me were charging me to disassemble and reassemble the rear hatch. Ask for David if you or anyone else decides to check them out.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/signature-glass-tinting-costa-mesa?osq=signature+glass+tinting

OP
OP

stellarrock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Anyone near the Palmdale or Lancaster area that can vouch for a place? All the places mentioned so far seem great, it's just a bit of a drive for me..

blue_soho

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback - Sport Touring PMM
I got my Llumar tint at G5. They did a good job.

bri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2010 G37S
Country flag
I can vouch for this place as well. I just got my car tinted there this past Saturday with Madico Black Pearl on the sides and rear with LLumar AIR80 on the front. I was fixed on getting LLumar CTX, but they sold me on Madico. Everything there is laser cut with the computer. No need to disassemble the hatch or hand cut anything on the actual windows. The staff there seems very knowledgeable about what they do since all they do is tint. I drove 100 miles to them (1hr 30min) because all the places near me were charging me to disassemble and reassemble the rear hatch. Ask for David if you or anyone else decides to check them out.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/signature-glass-tinting-costa-mesa?osq=signature+glass+tinting
That's weird, I wanted Black Pearl because I really liked the color in the photos up on Yelp, but Signature just told me a few weeks ago that they discontinued it without further explanation. DP Tint told me they stopped using Black Pearl recently as well because they had many cases of it fading to purple. I think I will do CTX instead.
Sponsored