CTR guys, what do you think of the Si?

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
As an owner of the Si, I've always wondered what owners of the Si's big brother thought of its little sibling..have you driven one? If so what do you think of it? Obviously it is not in the league of its more powerful sibling, but does it still deserve the family name?
Sponsored

23Red

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 FK8, '06 AP2
Country flag
As a previous owner of an EM1 (sold it once I got the CTR), Si's will always have a special place in my heart. It's a great middle ground for someone who wants better performance than an EX, Sport (or whatever the next model down is) but don't want/need/afford what the CTR has to offer. Hell, if they offered the Si in a hatchback I probably would've bought one a long time ago lol

Blackbird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 CBP #2639
Si's are fantastic cars. I owned a 2008 and a 2013 and they were so much fun. In many ways they are a more practical daily driver compared to the R.

I have not driven the newer models, so I can't comment on those. But I do wish the VTEC cutover was still a thing.

23Red

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 FK8, '06 AP2
Country flag
Ah yes, dat VTEC crossover. I remember the first time hitting VTEC after my CAI install...I thought I broke the damn car:rofl:

whatthefit

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CD5 Accord EX-R, RD5 CR-V, FK8 Civic Type R
Country flag
I've never driven one, but I've always wanted an Si, coming from a Fit as my first car. If the current Si was available as a hatchback, I'd have strongly considered it instead of my R. The R is very satisfying and I don't ever want to get rid of it, but I'll be the first to admit that it's a little overkill/expensive for a daily.

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
Looking for upgrade OP? I have not driven this gen Si but sat in a few at the dealership while doing mtf for my CTR .

Clutch is way too light , easy to daily but it probably less feedback on the road ?

Shifter is much easier to use , a couple of times in CTR I thought i put it in gear but it wasn't.

Rev match ! I love it . It holds rpm so I can shift fast or slow it won't jerk at all. Even a monkey can drive this car (me,first manual car)

Personally I love the heavy steering in +R . It's probally on par if not heavier than a 2008 335 or 2011 X6.

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
I still miss my B-series. The CTR just doesnt feel the same as the 5th gen Civics or the DC chassis. Either I am getting older and nostalgic, or the CTR just doesnt feel as fun. There is a really nice stock looking EH3 I saw in my neighborhood, and I really wanted to make an offer.

Tim818

King Of The ā€˜Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
Test drove the 2018 Si before I took my CTR, yes it drives nice, but the power and handling of the CTR is like none other....

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Si (current) is excellent, good tires wake up the car (e.g., Pilot Sport 4S, ExtremeContact Sport). Can't deny the Type R's 100hp and a different suspension, but the LSD helps.

OP
OP
xbbnx

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
Looking for upgrade OP?
No, I'm very satisfied. Just curious. I guess you could say I'm looking for acknowledgment :D

yargk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R, '16 GT4, '19 GSW 4motion 6mt
Country flag
It's a cool car and a great compromise. I can't think of any 205 hp car that gets 34 mpg on fuelly. The GTI, for instance, gets 29 mpg, that's a huge difference.

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 supercharged Civic Si (sold), '06 Civic Si (sold) , '14 V6-6MT Accord Coupe (sold), '17 CTR #1637, '18 Civic LX Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a soft spot in my heart for the Si having owned a ā€˜00 & ā€˜06. Different beasts (B16 & naturally aspirated K20) but loved them both dearly. I have not driven the newest version with the L15, but love the looks, seats, shifter & wheels. If we are being totally honest, there are not a lot of chances on public roads where you can drive the CTR like itā€™s meant to be, so I imagine the Si is a perfect DD, just like previous versions. Iā€™m sure it has enough performance to get you into trouble, but Iā€™d bet itā€™s more usable on the street. The best part about the Si is with a few small tweaks, it turns into a serious contender & it def looks the part. If the CTR had not come over, Iā€™d be driving a new Si right now.

typeaarrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
typeaarrr
Country flag
They should have drop the adaptive suspension and sport mode and given the Accord 2.0L Turbo VTEC (detuned version) to this generation Civic SI . The adaptive suspension and sport mode doesn't change the car's dynamic enough. The sport mode should always be on.

The SI is still a great car, but no VTEC :(

MonkeyConQueso

First Name
Armand
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
I had a '06 Si K20, planned to slap a turbo in and never did because financial stuff came up and was forced to sell and keep the ex's Civic EX. The Si was good, but the dash was terrible and the stereo left a lot to be desired... However, that engine... it was good.

I haven't touched the L15, but I hear it's a fun platform that keeps the same feel as the previous generations. If that was the price range of vehicle I was looking for, I would have gotten it over any other vehicle, that's for sure. But the CTR is just phenomenal, so I'm happy I could afford a little more and that I could nail a deal.
Sponsored