Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Even with a stock vehicle on pump gas the fuel pump can run out of volume near peak torque. See https://www.civicx.com/threads/ctr-flashpro-tuning-fuel-pump.22786/ Tuning is a balancing act of getting the most engine power without running out of fuel pump. With ethanol the fuel pump tuning process is more important and more difficult.

With software update 3.3.8.0 we have added a feature that looks at the fuel pump duty and limits air charge to stop the fuel pump from running out. This will make things a lot easier for people running ethanol.

https://www.hondata.com/help/flashpro/fuel_pump.htm

It is normal for the pump duty to overshoot the target value, so the target value should be much below 100%. Ideally you want to pump to touch 100% but the fuel pressure not to drop. Since the fuel pump piston stroke is not linear from camshaft rotation even if you limit the fuel pump to 90% duty you are actually at 97.5% fuel pump flow.

In testing I found that values of 88% for the target and 88% for the hysteresis worked for our vehicles.
Sponsored

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Even with a stock vehicle on pump gas the fuel pump can run out of volume near peak torque. See https://www.civicx.com/threads/ctr-flashpro-tuning-fuel-pump.22786/ Tuning is a balancing act of getting the most engine power without running out of fuel pump. With ethanol the fuel pump tuning process is more important and more difficult.

With software update 3.3.8.0 we have added a feature that looks at the fuel pump duty and limits air charge to stop the fuel pump from running out. This will make things a lot easier for people running ethanol.

https://www.hondata.com/help/flashpro/fuel_pump.htm

It is normal for the pump duty to overshoot the target value, so the target value should be much below 100%. Ideally you want to pump to touch 100% but the fuel pressure not to drop. Since the fuel pump piston stroke is not linear from camshaft rotation even if you limit the fuel pump to 90% duty you are actually at 97.5% fuel pump flow.

In testing I found that values of 88% for the target and 88% for the hysteresis worked for our vehicles.
Is this only for people running ethanol. Any benefit on enabling this feature with default values (88%,88%) on my 93 dp, ic and improv throttle resp basemap?

FK8_K20c1

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Are you running out of fuel pump?
I am not sure I havenā€™t check the datalogs. Im using the 93oct dp, ic and improv throttle. I just asked if it will be helpful if I enable those settings on my basetune.

PhAzE7

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 CBP Civic Type R, '20 PWP TLX SH-AWD
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I am not sure I havenā€™t check the datalogs. Im using the 93oct dp, ic and improv throttle. I just asked if it will be helpful if I enable those settings on my basetune.
If your pump is being maxed on 93 octane then yes it will be beneficial.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Have there been any whispers of an upgraded high pressure fuel pump yet?

FK8_K20c1

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen CTR FlashPro fuel pump duty limit 9F734805-E496-4BFA-B7D4-03A69423062A

Update: I've captured multiple logs of 2, 3 and 4th gear pulls. Including enabled fuel pump duty and disabled fuel pump duty.

Verdict:
Yes with disabled fpd maxes out.

The problem:
With default fpd enabled this happens sometimes. Throttle plates closes and there is a roller coster with the fpd and afrā€™s.

*above datalog screenshot is from a 4th gear pull.

Last edited:

redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
You would be better of with fuel pump limit turned off and just lower your air charge limit. That fuel pump limit has been known to cause that oscillation.

FK8_K20c1

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
You would be better of with fuel pump limit turned off and just lower your air charge limit. That fuel pump limit has been known to cause that oscillation.
I really prefer not to touch anything I dont know how it works. I dont have any experience tunning, I tuned that feature off.
Sponsored