First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si (FC1), 1999 Toyota Corolla
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I made a pretty interesting discovery while at work being that I had 2 FK8's in the shop apart while I was doing rear brakes on a customer Civic X. I came to learn that by inspecting the FK8 rear brakes the rear calipers appear to be aluminum (lighter), also that the bracket that holds the pads the same size as our vehicles. So in theory FK8 rear calipers could be mounted on our vehicles. Also but more importantly FK8 rear brake pads fit our vehicles which is a decent brake upgrade vs ours considering the brake pad compound is different (better). The price won't break the bank either. So I picked up a set for my Si, resurfaced the rear rotors and installed them with no issues whatsoever. They compliment my stainless steel upgraded brake hoses. **NOTE: IF DOING REAR BRAKES ON YOUR CIVIC X THE CALIPERS NEED TO BE PUT INTO MAINTENANCE MODE TO RETRACT THE EPB (ELECTRONIC PARKING BRAKE) BACK SO YOU CAN COMPRESS THE PISTON. THEY DO NOT SPIN INWARDS LIKE THE OLDER VEHICLES.** Now when I get my BBK for the front they will be stopping equally not having better in the front and sub par in the rear. Here are pictures, the last one is them installed on my vehicle in my caliper bracket; enjoy!

FK8 rear pads part no.:43022-TGH-A01

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR (FK8) Brakes on Si/Ex IMG_2735

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR (FK8) Brakes on Si/Ex IMG_2732

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR (FK8) Brakes on Si/Ex IMG_2733

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR (FK8) Brakes on Si/Ex IMG_2734

Last edited:

Civicbruh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2013 Kawasaki ZX6R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Interesting find. It seems like the FK8 ones actually have less pad material though?

OP
OP
simply_the_best

simply_the_best

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Interesting find. It seems like the FK8 ones actually have less pad material though?
Yes, Both brand new Si has 10mm and FK8 has 9.5mm.

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR (FK8) Brakes on Si/Ex brake

Last edited:

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Great info, and helpful for everyone looking to get more stopping power. The Si can definitely use more braking power, and though I messaged you on IG wondering which Front BBK you are getting, mind sharing here as well for everyone's knowledge? :)

OP
OP
simply_the_best

simply_the_best

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Great info, and helpful for everyone looking to get more stopping power. The Si can definitely use more braking power, and though I messaged you on IG wondering which Front BBK you are getting, mind sharing here as well for everyone's knowledge? :)
Yes of course! I picked up the Buddy Club BBK. 330mm rotors, 4 pistons calipers. Looking forward to better braking.

TPA_CivicSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Is it possible to install the R pads into Si calipers? Would breaking be better due to 'better' brake pad compound?

OP
OP
simply_the_best

simply_the_best

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is it possible to install the R pads into Si calipers? Would breaking be better due to 'better' brake pad compound?
Yes, this is exactly what was stated above.

Matthyahuw

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Agean Blue Civic Si Sedan 2016 Omaha Orange Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just saw this thread whilst searching...so are the rear calipers the same on the Type-R and the Si, just aluminum?
was looking to do a BBK in the front & don't want to leave the rear wanting...thanks!

PSPEC

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex hatch
Country flag
Hi I recently bought 2021 ctr rear calipers and would like to install them on my fk7 hatchback. Does anyone know what rotor will work with both the 305mm CTR caliper brackets and the FK7 hub? Fk7 has 260mm rear rotor and 260mm rear caliper bracket btw.

CTR has larger bolt circle spacing (5x120) and larger hub center. Also the rotor hat is taller than fk7. And the studs are larger on fk8. Can the rotor just be redrilled to 5x114.3 or does the hat height make it unusable. Not even sure if the caliper bracket bolt holes are spaced apart the same on the two cars. Was going to take everything apart to compare but was hoping someone has already done this...

PSPEC

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex hatch
Country flag
Just saw this thread whilst searching...so are the rear calipers the same on the Type-R and the Si, just aluminum?
was looking to do a BBK in the front & don't want to leave the rear wanting...thanks!
I just put a magnet to my FK8 CTR rear calipers. They are not aluminum. Just painted red... As far as I can tell they are the exact same caliper. Just the rotor is bigger and the bracket is taller...

I still don't know if everything will line up correctly when installed on the FK7 rear knuckle. The rear knuckle is a different part number for FK8 and FK7 and I don't know if the dimensions for the caliper bracket to rotor spacing are taken care of by the bracket or the knuckle...

PSPEC

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex hatch
Country flag
I am making a rear big brake upgrade kit for all non type r civics.

Oem rear caliper
Ctr caliper bracket
Custom cast iron rear rotor that fits both the FK7 / FL5 rear hub and also the CTR rear caliper bracket. Prototypes are being manufactured now. Will update with pictures.

This converts any non type r to type r rear brake spec.

Upgrade from 260mm x 9mm to 305mm x 11mm for non Si

Upgrade from 280mm x 9mm to 305mm x 11mm for Si

Highway04

First Name
Choo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic fc 1.5T
Country flag
I am making a rear big brake upgrade kit for all non type r civics.

Oem rear caliper
Ctr caliper bracket
Custom cast iron rear rotor that fits both the FK7 / FL5 rear hub and also the CTR rear caliper bracket. Prototypes are being manufactured now. Will update with pictures.

This converts any non type r to type r rear brake spec.

Upgrade from 260mm x 9mm to 305mm x 11mm for non Si

Upgrade from 280mm x 9mm to 305mm x 11mm for Si
Any updates?

PSPEC

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex hatch
Country flag
CTR caliper brackets do not fit. I will be making brackets that do fit. Will update with photos when prototypes are done.