Status
Not open for further replies.

team3d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic lx
Country flag
with 295lbs of torque. buying aftermarket wheels aren't as simple as fitment & sizes

when you buy any aftermarket wheels, you will need to make sure the wheels have anti tire slip feature

here are some videos you can watch and learn about tire slipping

if your shopping for rays or advan wheels, most of the applications will have build-in knurling or anti-slip paint coating or both. also, high end wheels usually will have TUV bead that is thicker which will help lock the tires much better than lower price wheels that do not need to meet TUV standard.

if you have any questions on selecting wheels for your type-r (even winter set up), feel free to ask me any questions you may have, on the thread or private messages.
Sponsored

Last edited:

JLOracing

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R Time Attack, 2007 Honda Fit Sport Time Attack, 2009 Honda Fit Sport Time Attack, 2009 Honda fit Sport World Challenge TCB, 2012 Honda Fit Sport daily, 1996 Honda Civic Coupe endurance road race, 1999 Honda Civic Hatchback rallycross, 1971 Datsun 510 Coupe project track car
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
lol, you act like 295ft lbs of torque is a ton. Alot of times the slip is caused by installer using too much or wrong lube when installing tires. I have run many cars with far more torque and much more sticky tires than street, with standard bead wheels. I have only seen it when torque starts exceeding 600 ft lbs and slicks or r compound tires are used. Plus there are other methods that can be used to make standard wheels grip the tire bead better

OP
OP
team3d

team3d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic lx
Country flag
lol, you act like 295ft lbs of torque is a ton. Alot of times the slip is caused by installer using too much or wrong lube when installing tires. I have run many cars with far more torque and much more sticky tires than street, with standard bead wheels. I have only seen it when torque starts exceeding 600 ft lbs and slicks or r compound tires are used. Plus there are other methods that can be used to make standard wheels grip the tire bead better
when you race honda fit or k series with less than 18olbs of torque, i don't believe you will have tire slippage issue.

Chee_hu

First Name
Sherwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
#611 Rallye Red CTR | 1998 Civic EX | 2007 Honda Fit Sport
Country flag
when you race honda fit or k series with less than 18olbs of torque, i don't believe you will have tire slippage issue.
So what made you think he was talking about the Fit? Is it because it's listed under one of his cars? Instead of personally attacking the person, why not discuss your side as to why you think 295 pounds of torque is enough to cause such things on a standard or inexpensive wheels?

OP
OP
team3d

team3d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic lx
Country flag
So what made you think he was talking about the Fit? Is it because it's listed under one of his cars? Instead of personally attacking the person, why not discuss your side as to why you think 295 pounds of torque is enough to cause such things on a standard or inexpensive wheels?
"lol, you act like 295ft lbs of torque is a ton. "

first of all, it's jloracing trolling/attacking me, not the other way around. i am just stating the fact that out of all the car he listed (i am sure it's the cars he race) any of it have "far more torque than the civic type-r he ran....

we sell suspension set up for water cool porsches & alot of turbo or all motor k-series civic. this is a very common problem when you start using r-compound tires + example RPF1 on a cars with alot of torques..

all you need to do is google tire slippage, you can find alot of discussions regarding this matter. average 997 & 991 porsche torque rating is within 300lbs

we have already post my side of the reason why you need to concern about tire slipping... if you don't agree and thing 295lbs of torque is not alot ? then it's fine... you don't need to add 'LOL, YOU ACT LIKE"

and yes, 295lb of torque is alot of torque... can you have more ? of course, but to say you act like 295lb of torque is a ton is a false.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.