turboshawn

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 Buick Grand National, 11 GTR, 18 CBP Type R, 11 Tundra Rock Warrior
Country flag
I posted on a different thread... I changed trans fluid again for second time an it’s much Better.. haven’t had a grind or lockout for about a week when it was happening everyday almost... the factory trans fluid I will guarantee is not the same as oem Honda mtl idk what there putting in these at the factory but it’s garbage the trans has been night an day since I got all the oem factory fluid out of it just an fyi... for some people try the trans fluid change it a couple times... before the clutch delay valve I what to do the valve reguardless because the clutch feels like on or off it’s weird I don’t like it

FK8_Ger

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type r FK8
Thanks for this Information.. I will change it tomorow with the dealers mft3 oil to check if its better in my case.

whymi

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 si, 17 type r
Country flag
I think I feel a difference. Maybe I just want to feel a difference, I dont know. It feels good though. I just did it today

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR Clutch Delay Valve Removal 20181017_141906

Hayabusa160

The Master
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r
Country flag
How much trans fluid did you put in?
I just swapped my cdv out and wow the car shifts so much better and the clutch feels like how it should be
I posted on a different thread... I changed trans fluid again for second time an it’s much Better.. haven’t had a grind or lockout for about a week when it was happening everyday almost... the factory trans fluid I will guarantee is not the same as oem Honda mtl idk what there putting in these at the factory but it’s garbage the trans has been night an day since I got all the oem factory fluid out of it just an fyi... for some people try the trans fluid change it a couple times... before the clutch delay valve I what to do the valve reguardless because the clutch feels like on or off it’s weird I don’t like it

turboshawn

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Calls for 2.3 quarts... I just put 2 1/2... not going to hurt it at all... little extra when your driving it hard hitting them corners lol

turboshawn

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yep will not hurt it at all. I measured mine in clean quart bottles it was a little over 2.3 quarts. Just be careful separating the air box from the rubbery part u can rip the tabs u don’t have to separate it to get the air box out I flipped mine over another guy on here ripped one of the tabs just FYI. I should have put pictures up. I will next time because I don’t like the write up on it an don’t take the bolts out near the fender bottom parts of the box comes out it’s on a rubber tab if u haven’t already done all that

coopermidnight

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It is important to be careful once the cylinder is open. Scratching the inner wall of the cylinder can cause a fluid leak
I wonder if this is what happened to mine. I've had to refill the brake fluid every couple months ever since the CDV delete + clutch line install.

turboshawn

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I like them a little over filled have always done it that way.. washer not necessary there aluminum an pretty thick never changed them on any Honda I have ever own unless they get really beat up or maybe after 10-15 oil changes... it just another way for Honda to make 3-4 dollars on a 10 cent washer. Never had one leak.. I flip them every other oil changed or whatever fluid I am changing that uses them..
Sponsored