First Name
Michael Wertz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
So I'm searching for a Car cover for the CTR. I know Honda has 2
An indoor and outdoor. The indoor "dust" cover doesn't appear available. I want more of an indoor style cover. I also want something that's not going to scratch/scuff the paint when I remove and install it. (Micro scratches) I know I can ceramic seal it, but need something for now. It's driving me crazy to see it all dusty/dirty (just sitting) the day after I wash/wax it. Don't wanna wipe/dust it and cause scratches.

Anyone know of any other brand covers specifically to the CTR?
Sponsored

few35t

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RR CTR, 2010 Civic Si
Country flag
So I'm searching for a Car cover for the CTR. I know Honda has 2
An indoor and outdoor. The indoor "dust" cover doesn't appear available. I want more of an indoor style cover. I also want something that's not going to scratch/scuff the paint when I remove and install it. (Micro scratches) I know I can ceramic seal it, but need something for now. It's driving me crazy to see it all dusty/dirty (just sitting) the day after I wash/wax it. Don't wanna wipe/dust it and cause scratches.

Anyone know of any other brand covers specifically to the CTR?
Where's this indoor cover you speak of? I've only seen the outdoor one specifically for the R.

In the meantime I bought some really high quality edgeless microfiber towels and one of those California dusters. Haven't used the duster yet though.

OP
OP
Hondanight

Hondanight

First Name
Michael Wertz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Where's this indoor cover you speak of? I've only seen the outdoor one specifically for the R.

In the meantime I bought some really high quality edgeless microfiber towels and one of those California dusters. Haven't used the duster yet though.
It's in development with no release date. Per Honda parts catalog and IN

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 supercharged Civic Si (sold), '06 Civic Si (sold) , '14 V6-6MT Accord Coupe (sold), '17 CTR #1637, '18 Civic LX Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's in development with no release date. Per Honda parts catalog and IN
I've been waiting for the indoor cover to become available too. One guy on here was able to get it through his local dealer, so apparently someone can get it. Be careful with the California duster, I've used it before and I'm afraid that it ends up dragging dirt & dust across your paint & causes micro scratches. I've been using the merino wool duster (link below) on my CBP CTR and it works great. Have not seen any micro scratches because of it (yet.) It pulls dust off with a static charge, not by absorbing the dirt/dust with a chemical additive that traps it in the cotton fibers (like the California Duster does.) Not discouraging anyone from using the CD, just my experience with it.

http://www.chemicalguys.com/Dust_Monster_Merino_Wool_Auto_Duster_Extra_Large_p/acc_m04.htm

Chee_hu

First Name
Sherwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
#611 Rallye Red CTR | 1998 Civic EX | 2007 Honda Fit Sport
Country flag
Carcraft makes some very nice covers. There's a fella on IG that posted pics of his. I don't remember his IG name unfortunately.

OP
OP
Hondanight

Hondanight

First Name
Michael Wertz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
I've been waiting for the indoor cover to become available too. One guy on here was able to get it through his local dealer, so apparently someone can get it. Be careful with the California duster, I've used it before and I'm afraid that it ends up dragging dirt & dust across your paint & causes micro scratches. I've been using the merino wool duster (link below) on my CBP CTR and it works great. Have not seen any micro scratches because of it (yet.) It pulls dust off with a static charge, not by absorbing the dirt/dust with a chemical additive that traps it in the cotton fibers (like the California Duster does.) Not discouraging anyone from using the CD, just my experience with it.

http://www.chemicalguys.com/Dust_Monster_Merino_Wool_Auto_Duster_Extra_Large_p/acc_m04.htm
Yeah I think that user got the "outdoor cover" not the indoor cover. Parts not out yet nor does it have a release date. I work at the dealer, and checked through the parts catalog and for availability/release date through hondas parts locator etc... if it was available I'd have it already.

OP
OP
Hondanight

Hondanight

First Name
Michael Wertz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag

I love the "chemical guys" brand products. Everything I've used from them so far I'm impressed with.

CivicR316

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic type r and a 2013 chevy silverado hd
Country flag
i have had mine on order for the last month and guy got back to me to day with still no word or eta of it Honda is sure slacking on this stuff "why even advertise it if its not going to be available for months to come "

CivicR316

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic type r and a 2013 chevy silverado hd
Country flag
i will post pics tomorrow my indoor honda cover will be hear tomorrow only took 2 months to get it got tracking number today :)

JJAY8175

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord 2007 Honda civic SI 97 Subaru Legacy 17 CTR CW #3892
Country flag
hears some pics of the new dust cover or inside cover from honda its not gray its blue

IMG_0145.JPG

IMG_0146.JPG

IMG_0147.JPG

IMG_0148.JPG

IMG_0150.JPG
What's the part number on that cover? My Honda dealer called yesterday and said the part # they have in stock for me is 08P34-TGH-100A.

Never mind I found the info. My dealer ordered the same one for me. Just not sure if mine is gray or the blue. Picking it up tomorrow. Hopefully blue, gray seems like it would get dirty and the blue just looks nice.

Last edited:

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
Interesting that it is blue when the description is COVER, CAR DUST (GRAY)(TYPE R)(INDOOR) - HONDA (08P34-TGH-100A)

Thanks for posting the pics