cgarrett23

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Yeah, big sad. I was gonna go this Saturday even if the price was wrong. Chris said it was an accounting department error. I'll take one right now for msrp. I've contacted 90% of the dealers in the midwest around Ohio. Everyone's asking 45-51k. This is a complete joke. I think I'm just not gonna have the Type-R then.
I honestly can’t believe how bad it’s gotten. I’m still amazed that just 5 weeks ago I found one for MSRP. I don’t think I could find one now. I like you just don’t think it’s worth more than MSRP or certainly not nearly as attractive.
Sponsored

Dream3r

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type-R Sonic Pearl Grey R-43285
Country flag
Yeah, don't pay over MSRP for sure. Have you considered gently used ones? Check Autotrader or Facebook group. This car is being flipped a lot ever since introduction in 2017. Good luck!
Yeah, I’m looking for a used one now. I don’t have Facebook so I don’t know the group. I’m looking on eBay, cars, carguru and auto trader.

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lotus Exige; 2018 & 2021 Honda Type R
Country flag
It's hilarious how these stealerships think they are entitled to up-charge on a vehicle that most of them know nothing about... didn't help design or work on... and literally are a pass-through for all of us doing the hunting. Utter scumbags. I'll never pay over MSRP and there are a few dealerships out there that are still respectable enough to know that it's a car and their business is to sell that car as a reflection on the Honda name.

Calling around Michigan had me laughing over the past few days when they tell me that NO Type R sells for MSRP as I'm an owner of a 2018 CTR who paid... MSRP. They all said the same sh1t the first time around... absolute embarrassing scum.

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazda3 5sp manual, 2012 Genesis sedan
Country flag
What gets me is that Honda Corporation does not make more money by the dealers selling above MSRP and if the car will sell that well why not just make more of them ? Then Honda Corporation would make more money by the increased volume in sales.

bushido69

First Name
Hiro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Type R, 2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT, 2002 Lexus ES300
Country flag
What gets me is that Honda Corporation does not make more money by the dealers selling above MSRP and if the car will sell that well why not just make more of them ? Then Honda Corporation would make more money by the increased volume in sales.
Econ 101. Supply and demand.

PNWCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Jeffrey Honda in Michigan has a boost blue incoming and they have always sold at MSRP. I was just on the phone with them looking for a black one so I hope one of ya'll can snag it up :)
They just quoted me $3k over on the incoming BB one. :(

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazda3 5sp manual, 2012 Genesis sedan
Country flag
Econ 101. Supply and demand.
... I understand why the dealers are doing it, only because they can. I don't understand why "possibly" Honda Corp would not want to sell more and increase their own profits. I myself have considered buying one if it was at or below MSRP, even though I don't like the huge rear wing and 20" tires/wheels. Nor do I care for the red interior and steering wheel material. I am older than most of you and wish they offered that trim that they sell elsewhere without those particular options.
.... No disrespect for anyone else that likes it as is, just saying that Honda could sell more of these fantastic cars to older people who grew up in the 70's but no longer wants to have the "racer" look and "police" magnets.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
SO many Civics and Civic si's that look like racers on the road. The police arent fuckin with a Type R

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lotus Exige; 2018 & 2021 Honda Type R
Country flag
They just quoted me $3k over on the incoming BB one. :(
This is so disheartening... They have sold all their CTRs in the past at MSRP but they did get a new sales manager. When I was speaking to a sales team member they even expressed that it's always been at MSRP before... She did hint at a new sales manager though. I'm so sorry I sent you over there.

Vtec_Nah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone gotten any color MSRP here in San Jose California? Or nearby dealers

cgarrett23

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Anyone gotten any color MSRP here in San Jose California? Or nearby dealers
There's no way you are going to touch MSRP in CA unless your dad owns the dealership lol. The entire West Coast is terrible. Best bet is to go into the midwest and ship.

mysterons

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 TSX
Country flag
I think the entire nation is selling it for $45K+. I've contacted many dealerships (KY, WV, VA, OH, TN, NM) and it's been the same song and dance. If you are willing to pay that price, you might as well buy in the Bay Area.

Dream3r

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type-R Sonic Pearl Grey R-43285
Country flag
I think the entire nation is selling it for $45K+. I've contacted many dealerships (KY, WV, VA, OH, TN, NM) and it's been the same song and dance. If you are willing to pay that price, you might as well buy in the Bay Area.
Where in TN did you look? I just put a deposit down for one thats 38,845. SGP. Picking it up as soon as it gets to the dealership. Get in contact with Chris at Don Jacobs Automotive. It's in KY. He will let you put a deposit down for the Type-R MSRP no add-ons or bullshit.

mysterons

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 TSX
Country flag
Where in TN did you look? I just put a deposit down for one thats 38,845. SGP. Picking it up as soon as it gets to the dealership. Get in contact with Chris at Don Jacobs Automotive. It's in KY. He will let you put a deposit down for the Type-R MSRP no add-ons or bullshit.

I think I talked with Don Jacobs (not Chris though) and she said that they won't release pricing until the next one comes in. I also spoke to someone at Darrell Waltrip and got the same price.

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
... I understand why the dealers are doing it, only because they can. I don't understand why "possibly" Honda Corp would not want to sell more and increase their own profits. I myself have considered buying one if it was at or below MSRP, even though I don't like the huge rear wing and 20" tires/wheels. Nor do I care for the red interior and steering wheel material. I am older than most of you and wish they offered that trim that they sell elsewhere without those particular options.
.... No disrespect for anyone else that likes it as is, just saying that Honda could sell more of these fantastic cars to older people who grew up in the 70's but no longer wants to have the "racer" look and "police" magnets.
MSRP (or less - I and others paid about invoice in Q4 2020) was more the norm pre-covid. New and used cars are getting stronger $$ since covid.

And, Honda has raised prices every year...

Oh, I'm 54. The CTR looks are a bit silly -- but are spot on for the car. Sounds like you would be better off in a VW Golf R.
Sponsored