CTR at (or below?!!) sticker NICE LIST!

hyperblue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe
Country flag
I’m in MA and looking to buy a Boost Blue. Can anyone help?

Most of the dealers know they have the leverage or are unresponsive.

Thanks!

Bobbyt

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
I’m in MA and looking to buy a Boost Blue. Can anyone help?

Most of the dealers know they have the leverage or are unresponsive.

Thanks!
Call a ton of dealers and ask if they will sell at msrp any games or we don't disclose the price over the phone run!!!!5-10k mark up I got mine for msrp 2 week's ago fyi ?

hyperblue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe
Country flag
Call a ton of dealers and ask if they will sell at msrp any games or we don't disclose the price over the phone run!!!!5-10k mark up I got mine for msrp 2 week's ago fyi ?
Anyone have luck trying to arrange a deal on one in transit to the dealership?

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Anyone have luck trying to arrange a deal on one in transit to the dealership?
You have to do the legwork. Go to the honda website and see if there are any typer's in an area and call and ask the dealership what they can do.

The honda website shows Cars that are in transit for any model you are looking for

hyperblue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe
Country flag
Just wanted to see if anyone has contacts with decent dealerships.

So far, most within an hour drive want:
1-10K adm
$1000+ non-refundable deposits
NONE will let you test drive

It's ridiculous. When I bought my limited edition STi, I was able to test drive right when I walked in and bought it the very next day. I just want someone to take my money!

princeRS

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag

1-10K adm

It's ridiculous. When I bought my limited edition STi, I was able to test drive right when I walked in and bought it the very next day. I just want someone to take my money!
if youre serious about it, why is a non refundable deposit a big deal? also most of us bought without test driving, why is that an issue?

dasb44

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BB Civic Type R
Country flag
Got mine from South Hills Honda in PA and shipped to CA. If you search this thread, South Hills Honda and Zimbrick Honda are the most recommended dealers. I put down a refundable deposit and waited for two months to get the car and then ship it to CA.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag

1-10K adm

Any preference in color? you may have to expand your search for 500 miles out. If the ADM is $1K in accessories take the deal do not pay ADM and get nothing for it. No dealership is going to let you test drive it atleast in my experience. Honda thinks they have the holy grail in the Type-R

hyperblue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe
Country flag
Honestly, I'm split between the CTR and going back to the STi. So until I drive one, I am not completely sold on the CTR. If they want some commitment, I'm more than happy to let them hold onto $1-2k, but not if all I get to do is sit in the show room and row the gears in park.

The $1-10k mark up is "purely mark up to match demand" and does not include any add-ons or accessories.

So far I have 1 dealer willing to work with me at MSRP for a Boost Blue in transit.

I will drive to a Carmax with a CTR to test drive at this point.

Neciovato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 370z Nismo
Country flag

1-10K adm

Like everyone said - no way a dealer will let you testdrive BEFORE you sit down and work out all the financial details - then afterwards - if you hate the car after going through ALL that - then you can walk. But if you are wanting a test drive - best bet is to find a used one near you to see if the hype is real. Other than that - you're basically buying this car 'blind' and trusting reviews off of YouTube and from the forum. I guess that is why there are quite a few used ones on the market (unless people decided to 'take the money and run' after owning the car for a year or 2). Good luck with your search.

princeRS

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
Honestly, I'm split between the CTR and going back to the STi. So until I drive one, I am not completely sold on the CTR. If they want some commitment, I'm more than happy to let them hold onto $1-2k, but not if all I get to do is sit in the show room and row the gears in park.

The $1-10k mark up is "purely mark up to match demand" and does not include any add-ons or accessories.

So far I have 1 dealer willing to work with me at MSRP for a Boost Blue in transit.

I will drive to a Carmax with a CTR to test drive at this point.
if youre not sold on boost blue, theres a few grey available in arkansas/alabama that have been posted here and on the FB group for msrp. id see if I could find a local member who will let you drive their car

hyperblue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe
Country flag
The Boost Blue is nostalgic for me, reminds me of my old STi color.

I am test driving an STi on Friday and a CTR (from CarMax) on Monday. If I like the CTR better, I'll definitely put that $1,000 down for the MSRP selling car. Especially since the Honda dealership is only ~50 mins from my house, I won't have to worry about shipping or a road trip to an out of state dealership.

Thanks for everyone's input and help.

intekjim

2019 CIVIC TYPE R
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
intek.net
Vehicle(s)
2019 CIVIC TYPE R & 2021 CIVIC TYPE R LE USA-103
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good luck with your test drive. We are all anxious to read your impressions of the CTR versus the STi driving experience.

(Sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
Sponsored