CTR at (or below?!!) sticker NICE LIST!

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
Hey Bryan, how much did you pay for ppf? I got a quote for $1995 for full hood, bumper, fenders, headlights and mirrors but idk whether to spend an extra $500 and do the rockers as well
As another reference point, I'm paying no more than $2700 (might be a little less after he looks at the condition of the car) for full front including lights, fenders, hood, back of mirrors, rocker panels, part of rear quarters, door cups, full ceramic tint + windshield strip, minor paint correction on the entire car (extra attention on panels getting PPFed), and a seal + wax.

I don't necessarily think its a great price but I know this shop does amazing work on many high end cars so I was willing to stop my price hunt after talking with him. This was the bundle alot of shit together + cash price too, regular price is a bit more.

Not cheap, probably not worth it to most, but knowing myself its worth it to me for the peace of mind.
Sponsored

StevenMatchett

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
Just placed a deposit car will show up in a week or two. Dealer is honda of olathe just a short 13 hour drive away. Will fly in and pick up the car

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
Hey Bryan, how much did you pay for ppf? I got a quote for $1995 for full hood, bumper, fenders, headlights and mirrors but idk whether to spend an extra $500 and do the rockers as well
$2330. Hood, fenders. bumper, a pillars, sill, rear wheel arch, hatch loading area, door cups and full tint (sides and rear hatch glass). Shop is about 60 miles from my house but worth the hassle.

BackslashBrian

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R (SGP)
Country flag
You can add Honda of Tom's River NJ to this list. I've been looking for a 21' Type R for the past few weeks and thought I found one at MSRP at this dealer only to find out once we got to the point of being ready to finalize a deal, guy came back to me and said he had to mark the car up by about 5-6 grand to 44,300k. His response when I asked why was basically some BS about the car being "rare"...Ugh! Just when I thought I found one. Ive looked at both Clinton and Hamilton Honda since I've heard great things on this site about both dealers but neither have them in SGP or BB. This has been a real struggle and I'm starting to lose hope....
Ughhh Marlton Burns Honda was just like this, started telling me the car was rare and that this was the best deal I'd find anywhere. Don't lose hope! Hamilton is probably the most upfront place I went to but also check Sussman Honda in PA! They were willing to sell me an SGP for MSRP a few months ago but I had to pass since I wasn't completely ready at the time. Ask for Derrick at Sussman and he'll help you out! He told me a few days ago they had a 2021 SGP coming in

Hondaimport99

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Ughhh Marlton Burns Honda was just like this, started telling me the car was rare and that this was the best deal I'd find anywhere. Don't lose hope! Hamilton is probably the most upfront place I went to but also check Sussman Honda in PA! They were willing to sell me an SGP for MSRP a few months ago but I had to pass since I wasn't completely ready at the time. Ask for Derrick at Sussman and he'll help you out! He told me a few days ago they had a 2021 SGP coming in
Wow, this is awesome! Appreciate the assist! I'm 37 years old and I've had 8 different civics since I was 17, 5 of which have been Si's. I have a 2017 Si Coupe right now and the lease ends Dec 1st so I don't have much time left. I've been wanting a Type R for years and I'm finally in a position to be able to comfortably afford one. But trying to get it at MSRP seems near impossible. Gonna check out Sussman in PA for sure. Thanks for the assist man!

BackslashBrian

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R (SGP)
Country flag
Wow, this is awesome! Appreciate the assist! I'm 37 years old and I've had 8 different civics since I was 17, 5 of which have been Si's. I have a 2017 Si Coupe right now and the lease ends Dec 1st so I don't have much time left. I've been wanting a Type R for years and I'm finally in a position to be able to comfortably afford one. But trying to get it at MSRP seems near impossible. Gonna check out Sussman in PA for sure. Thanks for the assist man!
No worries! This is my first manual car and at 23 years old I'm loving it! I did a buttload of research with the Type R since it's been my dream car for a few years and its sad what most of the dealers on the east coast are doing with the pricing. Almost made me not want to get one but after seeing a few pass me on the road for the past few months I knew it was for me. So far from the list I've been making, the best dealers in NJ/PA are Hamilton, Sussman and Paul Miller Honda. Be sure to keep tabs on Honda.com and search for inventory near you because when Type R's are in transit, you can still request to see them first then when they arrive on the lot at dealers which is how I snagged mine :) Keep me posted

Hondaimport99

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
No worries! This is my first manual car and at 23 years old I'm loving it! I did a buttload of research with the Type R since it's been my dream car for a few years and its sad what most of the dealers on the east coast are doing with the pricing. Almost made me not want to get one but after seeing a few pass me on the road for the past few months I knew it was for me. So far from the list I've been making, the best dealers in NJ/PA are Hamilton, Sussman and Paul Miller Honda. Be sure to keep tabs on Honda.com and search for inventory near you because when Type R's are in transit, you can still request to see them first then when they arrive on the lot at dealers which is how I snagged mine :) Keep me posted
Yea, Honda.com has become my best friend the past few weeks, lol. Constantly refreshing the page, lol. But I didn't know that you could request to see the ones that are in transit once they arrive. Great tip! I just sent Sussman Honda a message through their website and asked for Derrick. Hoping that he can help! I'll definitely keep you posted. Like you, this has been my dream car for years now and I'm trying so hard not to lose faith in my search, but only have a couple weeks left until my current lease is up. Hoping for a miracle! Thx man.

GotCTR?

Banned
Banned
First Name
JOHN BOY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2020
Country flag
To me pff is a waste just ceramic coat and buy a good touch up or dr colorchip wash and wax religiously will protect this paint
it is a waste of money unless you plan on driving the car for 10 years . The car will probably be rear ended, front end damage or in a accident

i guess insurance claims now pay for ppf. To practically ppf a type r is around 2500-3k

you will never see that money back in a trade or selling your car 3-10 years from now

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
it is a waste of money unless you plan on driving the car for 10 years . The car will probably be rear ended, front end damage or in a accident

i guess insurance claims now pay for ppf. To practically ppf a type r is around 2500-3k

you will never see that money back in a trade or selling your car 3-10 years from now
Ultimately, it’s not about financial value, but about how you want to maintain the car. With ppf, the car will continue to look great even though it’s being used as a dd and with the associated road debris and winter rock mix used here in CO.

ppf does also have value when the car is sold. Dealers care more about the condition (which would be better with the ppf) and private buyers care both about condition and that the car has ppf.

GotCTR?

Banned
Banned
First Name
JOHN BOY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2020
Country flag
Ultimately, it’s not about financial value, but about how you want to maintain the car. With ppf, the car will continue to look great even though it’s being used as a dd and with the associated road debris and winter rock mix used here in CO.

ppf does also have value when the car is sold. Dealers care more about the condition (which would be better with the ppf) and private buyers care both about condition and that the car has ppf.
i will just use that 2500-3k to buy another car , in 2-3 years or until I get bored with the type r .

touch up paint is all you need and a garage

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
I didn't get PPF and I wish I would have (on the front bumper and hood, never considered anywhere else).

My bumper and hood now has ~8 dings from rock chips and road debris. I've had the car for 20 months/15k miles and PPF would have been well worth the investment at this point.

I was quoted $1500 for full frontal Xpel PPF and opted against it. Now, I'm looking at MINIMUM $1500 to have a reputable body shop fix all the dings on my front bumper, including removal, sanding and repainting, which makes the car not original and tags my VIN of having body work done.

My biggest regret with the CTR is not getting PPF on the front, hands down.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
I didn't get PPF and I wish I would have (on the front bumper and hood, never considered anywhere else).

My bumper and hood now has ~8 dings from rock chips and road debris. I've had the car for 20 months/15k miles and PPF would have been well worth the investment at this point.

I was quoted $1500 for full frontal Xpel PPF and opted against it. Now, I'm looking at MINIMUM $1500 to have a reputable body shop fix all the dings on my front bumper, including removal, sanding and repainting, which makes the car not original and tags my VIN of having body work done.

paintless dent remover can pull dings touch up paint can fix rock chips like you'll never see it. All for less than $1500 quote you getting from a bodyshop

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i will just use that 2500-3k to buy another car , in 2-3 years or until I get bored with the type r .

touch up paint is all you need and a garage
Certainly there is no right answer here. But to imply that touch up paint and a garage is all you need is just silly.

If you live in the sunbelt states, ppf is certainly more 'optional'. In the snow states, the $1500+ for ppf makes more sense. Note that we don't have ppf on my wife's MDX as she doesn't really care that much and we plan on keeping the car for ~150k miles where the car's value will be very low regardless of the number of blemishes in the bumper and hood.

bushido69

First Name
Hiro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Type R, 2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT, 2002 Lexus ES300
Country flag

It‘s not only road debris that ppf can protect your ride. Parked my Ctr in a covered parking garage for a couple of days and some large birds (pigeons, doves) decided to crap on the hood as they roosted on the piping above. Considering I didn’t know exactly how long the crap was on the hood, the ppf prevented it from damaging the paint. Simply washed it off and no evidence of a stain.
Sponsored