CTR at (or below?!!) sticker NICE LIST!

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
Agree re finding a used one to drive. Or sign the deal contingent on the test drive. Or does your state have a buyers remorse law where you have 24-72 hr to back out? BTW, my test drive sold the car...
This means alot coming from someone with a 997 GT3, literally one of the few cars I salivate for lol different beasts but I take it your performance standard is high.

I did find one dealer sales manager willing to let me test drive before signing but he required a mandatory credit check beforehand. While thats not a big deal given my credit score, they actually don't have one in stock so it seems more a nice gesture than anything actually helpful at the moment.

There are like 3 used ones for sale in the state so I will give those dealerships a call and see what they say.

aflores

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback LX
Country flag
Any leads on a CW in Socal?
Honestly not really, theres one coming to LA...they want $5k over and im leaning towards just getting it ?. I won’t regret it right now but I feel like i will in a few years.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Honestly not really, theres one coming to LA...they want $5k over and im leaning towards just getting it ?. I won’t regret it right now but I feel like i will in a few years.
Dont get it

ultrashin

First Name
NOH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R CW
Country flag
You will regret it later. Look for out of state inventories. You can find one and ship it like many did. If you can’t get it at MSRP, Talk down the markup to 2K or less( which would be close to what shipping would cost).

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
You will regret it later. Look for out of state inventories. You can find one and ship it like many did. If you can’t get it at MSRP, Talk down the markup to 2K or less( which would be close to what shipping would cost).
I'm getting mine out of state- even though I'll be paying for shipping, at least my money is going towards a service and not just handed out for free with nothing in return.

Only thing you have to worry once the vehicle arrives in your home state is to get a VIN verification, smog check and register it to the DMV. Don't forget to get it insured as well. Transports have insurance for up to 100K and at first I was thinking of going with enclosed transport, but its about $500 or so more. That service is usually reserved for exotic and collector cars and other Type R owners used opened-transport and their cars came to them in good condition (albeit dirty because of being exposed to elements by being out on the road for up to a week) but nonetheless in great shape.

gearhead

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
My local Honda dealer took a $500 deposit to put me on the top of the list for an incoming SGP CTR a few months ago. Weekly contact followed.. I finally realized they had no idea where the CTR was in the queue. I wanted to stick with my local Honda store (Shockley), but was forced to expand my search.

I was able to find several SGP CTRs in the north east area (weird how a certain area in the country seems to get a handful of a specific color all at once - we'll get 5 CW cars in a week, and then 5 SGP cars next time). I called a Honda store in Altoona, PA. Yes, they had a SGP car and wanted $10,000 ADM. Good luck, right? Moving on, I found another 190 miles away in New Jersey. They confirmed the SGP CTR was available and offered the car at MSRP. I was told later that because Hamilton Honda is owned by Lithia Motors [NYSE], they are not permitted to charge ADM. I'm not convinced that is accurate, but they have a TON of dealers - easy to search the entire nation - filter Honda Civic Type R: https://www.lithia.com/new-inventory/index.htm

I jumped on it, rented a car one-way, and drove it home yesterday. I guess I don't really fit the age demographic here, but I can tell you I put performance before everything else. The hype around this car left me skeptical, especially coming from a fleet of performance cars in my lifetime (E30 M3, E92 M3, etc.). All I can say is WOW! Honda engineers are magicians! This thing is dialed in! I look forward to all things CTR ahead!

CTR # 37899
Build: 6/2020
Dealer PDI: 8/18/2020

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR at (or below?!!) sticker NICE LIST! CTR_29 AUG 2020_Delivery Hamilton Honda NJ.1

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR at (or below?!!) sticker NICE LIST! CTR_29 AUG 2020_Delivery Hamilton Honda NJ.2

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
My local Honda dealer took a $500 deposit to put me on the top of the list for an incoming SGP CTR a few months ago. Weekly contact followed.. I finally realized they had no idea where the CTR was in the queue. I wanted to stick with my local Honda store (Shockley), but was forced to expand my search.

I was able to find several SGP CTRs in the north east area (weird how a certain area in the country seems to get a handful of a specific color all at once - we'll get 5 CW cars in a week, and then 5 SGP cars next time). I called a Honda store in Altoona, PA. Yes, they had a SGP car and wanted $10,000 ADM. Good luck, right? Moving on, I found another 190 miles away in New Jersey. They confirmed the SGP CTR was available and offered the car at MSRP. I was told later that because Hamilton Honda is owned by Lithia Motors [NYSE], they are not permitted to charge ADM. I'm not convinced that is accurate, but they have a TON of dealers - easy to search the entire nation - filter Honda Civic Type R: https://www.lithia.com/new-inventory/index.htm

I jumped on it, rented a car one-way, and drove it home yesterday. I guess I don't really fit the age demographic here, but I can tell you I put performance before everything else. The hype around this car left me skeptical, especially coming from a fleet of performance cars in my lifetime (E30 M3, E92 M3, etc.). All I can say is WOW! Honda engineers are magicians! This thing is dialed in! I look forward to all things CTR ahead!

CTR # 37899
Congrats on the new car!

It's surprising the range of owner ages. It's just a fun car that attracts a wide variety of owners (if you can get beyond the styling...).

Have fun!

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

CTR # 37899

CTR_29 AUG 2020_Delivery Hamilton Honda NJ.1.jpg

CTR_29 AUG 2020_Delivery Hamilton Honda NJ.2.jpg
Hamilton Honda is a great dealer. I bought two cars from them and loved the experience, sadly couldn't get my CTR from them because at the time they didn't have any. Enjoy!

gearhead

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
^^^

Zeffy94

Hamilton is a gigantic Honda store. The only thing that sucks from buying out-of-town is you miss out on local dealer's incentives. My local Honda dealership offered a free engine-for-life warranty. Hamilton had a lifetime free (2X year) oil service and lifetime car wash too. Oh well...

Last edited:

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
My salesperson from Hendrick Honda in Easley SC called me last night and let me know that they have a Boost Blue and a SGP on the way. They were great to deal with, and they don't mark up Type R's. Call them now and make your deal. Put down a deposit. Ask for Penny.

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Integra Type R, 2000 Civic SiR 2012 civic 1966 Mustang
Country flag
Well it’s finally official all paperwork is signed and now I just need to get it shipped to California details sold at MSRP no extras except for wheel locks they asked $89 for but offered to remove them when I told them I already have a set of wheels for the car they played no games whatsoever during the sale and I couldn’t be happier... I left a deposit on this car about 2.5 months ago

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR at (or below?!!) sticker NICE LIST! 8C33433E-3A4A-4E6A-80CA-BBF250B0F7F7

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Thats crazy that they posted the listing on Cars.com, and cargurus.com yet the car was already claimed for. Why post the listing if you already have a depot down on it.

Also above is an example DO NOT PAY OVER MSRP for the car. As you can see dealers are letting them go fairly
Sponsored