First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BB FK8; 2018 Civic Si HFP (Sold); 21 Mercedes A-Class
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
To that end, I walked away from the Honda Financial guy cause they offered me 4.74. Told them my credit union can do better. One hour later, they called me and gave me 2.74, which matched what my credit union gave me. Very shady >_>
Nice. CU rates are always better. In your case, glad they matched haha
Sponsored

quitethechoi

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Current plan, is to check roughly 4 dealerships, see who can give me the best deal. By focus on the OTD, just make sure nothing else is added on? I would subtract the downpayment I would give too correct?
I was able to snag a CW CTR in about 5 hours of hunting. For reference I'm in the NJ area.

So what I did was make a breakdown of what I was willing to pay. I made two price ranges, one for a 2020 and one for a 2019. The 2020 I was willing to do at MSRP and the 2019 at invoice. Once I made my final price ranges (given different doc fee ranges), I proceeded to call every dealership within a 500 mile range and ask what is the best they could do for me. Almost every dealership had already sold their CTR or was upcharging their CTR by 2k to 4k.

In the end, I found a dealer (30 miles away) willing to give it to me for MSRP. I put a deposit down and if all goes well, I will drive off with a CTR for 40.9K next week.

jesusinasnapbak

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I was able to snag a CW CTR in about 5 hours of hunting. For reference I'm in the NJ area.

So what I did was make a breakdown of what I was willing to pay. I made two price ranges, one for a 2020 and one for a 2019. The 2020 I was willing to do at MSRP and the 2019 at invoice. Once I made my final price ranges (given different doc fee ranges), I proceeded to call every dealership within a 500 mile range and ask what is the best they could do for me. Almost every dealership had already sold their CTR or was upcharging their CTR by 2k to 4k.

In the end, I found a dealer (30 miles away) willing to give it to me for MSRP. I put a deposit down and if all goes well, I will drive off with a CTR for 40.9K next week.
Did you check out Mt. Kisco Honda??
I got a 2019 2 weeks ago for Sticker with a 7 Year 100k B2B... Plus NY Fees and Tax obvi

They Still had a 2020 PMM Still there

Wheel_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Passport Elite, '16 Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro
Country flag
Hello everyone!

I am just beginning to research into getting a Type R, here in SoCal. From the looks of it, you can pretty much shop around various dealers in order to purchase a CTR at MSRP or roughly $37,995. I am pretty new to this, is there a possibility that a dealer may go less with the current situation and trying to beat a competitor's offer??? What are your monthly payments around?

Any recommendations or advice??
Let us know how that goes. I've not gotten any quotes less than $45K + tax/license in SoCal. Pretty much waiting for a new batch of cars to arrive from UK before trying again. The inventory is limited right now given the factory shut down for 2+ months and no new cars have come stateside to dealers since April or so.

Waynegro372

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A mule
Country flag
Any idea when the new wave of ctr’s is due to hit stateside? The mud seems to be thickening with corona, a shaky economy and what’s sure to be a absolute shitshow of an election on the horizon. There are bound to be some deals on 2020s soon.

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
Has anyone ever dealt with Lou Hobbs Honda of the Avenues located in Jacksonville, FL before?

I sent them an email asking if they would sell their 2019 in stock at or below MSRP and they responded by saying they never sell anything below MSRP before but never answered my question if it was at MSRP. Obviously the person responding back via email doesn't have very good attention to detail.

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
Any idea when the new wave of ctr’s is due to hit stateside? The mud seems to be thickening with corona, a shaky economy and what’s sure to be a absolute shitshow of an election on the horizon. There are bound to be some deals on 2020s soon.
By deals do you mean MSRP for a 2020. Those deals have been out there since the 2020s have been in dealers hands.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
What deals are you looking for? Some have been able to get no lower than $1000 off MSRP. That is a small minority on this forum. Otherwise its MSRP or bust. Unless you live in Canada...we need to band together and complain to Honda corporate. If we as a community stuck together we could get change.. you have to refuse to pay no more than MSRP

Shred

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Has anyone ever dealt with Lou Hobbs Honda of the Avenues located in Jacksonville, FL before?

I sent them an email asking if they would sell their 2019 in stock at or below MSRP and they responded by saying they never sell anything below MSRP before but never answered my question if it was at MSRP. Obviously the person responding back via email doesn't have very good attention to detail.
FWIW, the dealer is going to reply this way because they don't want to give away the cars. It's very easy for someone to feign interest via email in the dealers' eyes. I got a similar reply when I ended up paying invoice.

The woman who replied to the web inquiry wasn't actually a salesperson. She replied that they couldn't make any deals or specific details about pricing other than what they have posted online, you very likely got a reply from someone in a similar position. Once I got into the dealership, I was able to make a deal. Did they offer to make any appointment for you to have a call with someone?

marcfrank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda
Country flag

They had a $10k mark up on it when I was there a few weeks ago.

Waynegro372

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A mule
Country flag
What deals are you looking for? Some have been able to get no lower than $1000 off MSRP. That is a small minority on this forum. Otherwise its MSRP or bust. Unless you live in Canada...we need to band together and complain to Honda corporate. If we as a community stuck together we could get change.. you have to refuse to pay no more than MSRP

I missed a opportunity to get a red 2020 for $35,800 + shipping (or something really close to that) from a dealer in Indiana last month. I will pay MSRP for for a CW or BB, otherwise I will hope to get a deal under MSRP on a different color.
IMO this corona ordeal Is just starting, the economy is on shaky legs and it seems like there will be some deals from random states who are hurting more than others. If not, i’ll Wait for the 2021 or score on a cherry, low mile used for a smoking deal.

seed3540

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag

I used to be stationed in Jacksonville and I spoke with them back in 2018 about a CTR. They would not budge on the mark up and the sales people were rude as hell. I wouldn't give them business even if you can talk them out of the ADM.

If you are in Jacksonville then I would suggest looking in another area. If you happen to be military afiliated then there's always the USAA car buying service. I used it and got my 2019 CTR for under sticker.

quitethechoi

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
For anyone in the Tristate area, I bought my CW Type R from Yonkers Honda. It was pretty smooth and fast. I don't think they have anymore stock at the moment, but I would keep an eye out on them.

Geezer

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Miller Honda in central NY has a new CW 2019 in their showroom. Offered me $800 below MSRP. I did not take it if anyone is interested.

Waynegro372

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A mule
Country flag
Miller Honda in central NY has a new CW 2019 in their showroom. Offered me $800 below MSRP. I did not take it if anyone is interested.
That’s not the worse deal ever, but paying anything close to MSRP for a year old+ old car is a hard sale. I would pay invoice or slightly above for that car. Everyone buying a new CTR at this juncture is gonna want a 2020.
Sponsored