First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My brother went last night to try and get one of the black ones, they wouldn't budge off of $42k (but they came down from $45k :banghead:
Haha, jeez. I just sent an email to one of the guys over there before reading this. I tried to point out - without being too inflammatory - that there's a good reason they have 6 sitting around.

I've got a salesman in Ocala who's being surprisingly cooperative and is going to ask his manager if MSRP will work. The lowest they went before I said I wasn't interested was +$1500.
Sponsored

coopermidnight

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Crown Honda of Southpoint in Durham, NC is selling (at least) a black one at MSRP. There's an additional +$800 for "Resistall" treatment; that may be a negative mark for some people.

Kristen is the lady to talk to!

jgoods90

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR, 2007 GPW S2000 (sold)
Country flag
BF886271-7589-406C-9133-E152A2B1A1DC.jpeg
8F2F7739-CD84-4369-9E83-9009ABD42338.png
3D1065E7-2FF9-46AB-8E98-31ACAE28A141.jpeg
8F2F7739-CD84-4369-9E83-9009ABD42338.png
Thanks for the heads up!! I just got home and paid msrp for the CW at DCH Mission Valley, plus $1697 total for alarm and pro pack, so not msrp but atleast I got something for it. I guess they did sell a red ctr at msrp, it depends on color, black one coming in next. Pretty straight forward, dealt with Anthony and didn’t pay all cash it just says that lol.
This is awesome! I’m glad you were able to get it!

azellius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR fk8
Country flag
Just bought my 2019 CTR in Atlanta, GA at sticker of $37,553 including all the all-season floor mats, trunk tray, wheel lock, and splash guard.
Total with taxes and fees was almost exactly $40k out the door.
Curry Honda has another black one for sale still at sticker, ask for Kenny or Jason.

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
Just bought my 2019 CTR in Atlanta, GA at sticker of $37,553 including all the all-season floor mats, trunk tray, wheel lock, and splash guard.
Total with taxes and fees was almost exactly $40k out the door.
Curry Honda has another black one for sale still at sticker, ask for Kenny or Jason.
What splash guard?

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
at sticker of $37,553
Congrats on the new car, you'll love it. This is a buying example that my brother is currently running into, where the CTR is MSRP + "mandatory accessories". I bought my car at true MSRP, $35,700 + $699 destination and handling charge. In this case, wheel locks, trunk tray, splash guards and floor mats cost you about $1800. These "mandatory accessories" are in effect ADM, as the accessories aren't really ancillary and can be found in aftermarket for a much better price. That said, it took me 4 months to find my car at MSRP, for you and others, it might not be worth your time to save the grand or two on accessories...especially if you want them in the first place. Congrats!

coopermidnight

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In this case, wheel locks, trunk tray, splash guards and floor mats cost you about $1800.
This is such a pain. The "accessory" charge has been $2500 at most of the places I've called. It's even more insulting because they consider the "market adjustment" to be separate, so another $5k or more gets tacked on to it. Most of the time I just said "okay bye" but whenever an extended discussion happens they never have an answer for "these parts are worth a few hundred bucks, at best."

Update on my end: I'll be selling my Si to CarMax on Friday and flying to NC on Saturday to pick up the Type R from Crown Honda Southpoint. Unfortunately the guy at South Hills in PA was sick and didn't get back to me until today; I really wanted to give him my business just for being proactive enough to post on CivicX, but that's life. I hope one of our people snatches up his Type R in April!

Bodhizefa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR and CBP CR-V
Country flag
This is such a pain. The "accessory" charge has been $2500 at most of the places I've called. It's even more insulting because they consider the "market adjustment" to be separate, so another $5k or more gets tacked on to it. Most of the time I just said "okay bye" but whenever an extended discussion happens they never have an answer for "these parts are worth a few hundred bucks, at best."

Update on my end: I'll be selling my Si to CarMax on Friday and flying to NC on Saturday to pick up the Type R from Crown Honda Southpoint. Unfortunately the guy at South Hills in PA was sick and didn't get back to me until today; I really wanted to give him my business just for being proactive enough to post on CivicX, but that's life. I hope one of our people snatches up his Type R in April!
I almost bought that Type R from Durham last week! My preference was White, but I was surprised at how much I liked the Black when I went to take a peek at it. I ended up finding exactly what I wanted not too far away in Cary, NC (I live in Durham, and Cary is about 30 minutes away). Southpoint is a solid dealership with a lot of straightforward salesmen (I bought my wife's car there last September). Best of luck and I am excited that you finally get to join the party!

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
pick up the Type R
Very awesome, share some pictures once you get the chance. Enjoy the drive home. Try not to speed and avoid driving behind semi trucks. Comfort mode is really that, comfortable. I find myself using that on the interstate most, I think you'll get a feel for that drive mode very well from NC to FL.

coopermidnight

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I almost bought that Type R from Durham last week! My preference was White, but I was surprised at how much I liked the Black when I went to take a peek at it. I ended up finding exactly what I wanted not too far away in Cary, NC (I live in Durham, and Cary is about 30 minutes away). Southpoint is a solid dealership with a lot of straightforward salesmen (I bought my wife's car there last September). Best of luck and I am excited that you finally get to join the party!
Yeah, my experience with Kristen via email has been great. I've been in contact with her for a couple of weeks now, and she's stuck with me while I hem-hawed the idea of buying out-of-state. Finally gonna commit!

Very awesome, share some pictures once you get the chance. Enjoy the drive home. Try not to speed and avoid driving behind semi trucks. Comfort mode is really that, comfortable. I find myself using that on the interstate most, I think you'll get a feel for that drive mode very well from NC to FL.
It's gonna be rough not having too much fun on the way back, but the long drive will pay off because the distance is right around the "break-in" number :D

avariceSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2018 Honda Pilot, 2004 Honda Civic, Ford Escape
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen CTR at (or below?!!) sticker NICE LIST! 36786561-6660-442C-9D55-1224A8C60837
Hope this helps someone on here. Made a verbal agreement with Joel manager of Yuma Honda for $500 over msrp with or without a couple accessories (just wanted the darn car) I think I mentioned a alarm and tint and NOT drilling into front license plate lol, for a CW they have coming in September. There’s no waiting list, I was first in line but put one in the garage the other day. So anyone in SoCal who is sick of idiot dealers and can/will wait to September you can get it, I just got sick of waiting. Cheers.