18CarEnthusiast18

First Name
N/A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
This thread has been helpful. I've been searching for a CTR since March 2018. I received a price of $32K through Costco for a dealer near LAX in LA, CA; but was then told the car was sold for $40K+ and that fleet pricing was never given. A black CTR was available for $43K with no accessories. I've been contacting various dealers regionally and out-of-state. It seems all dealers in California are $5K-10K over MSRP. It's just not a viable option anymore.

Is there any wait lists at any dealers in the USA that I can pay a deposit for? White CTR seems to demand a premium when the blue and gray are exclusive to the USA. My search might end early next year and I am unable to obtain one.
Not really sure if it will get you anywhere, but you can tell the dealer that you got the Costco pricing from they can either honor the 32K price you have (if in writing) or at the very least do MSRP or you are going to report them to Costco... I had a friend not on a CTR, but another car, I forget what it was get a Costco price or one of those sites like Trucar that spits out a pre-negotiated price and they got there for the dealer to do the same crap you are talking about of oh we can't do that price. They told them to honor or they would nofity the site that gave it to them. The dealer at first told them do whatever they had to do. They complained and the site took care of the rest and told the dealer to honor the price or they will be removed from the program.... So who knows might land you the car at MSRP or the below MSRP price you got or maybe Costco will remove them from the program. I know Costco is all about the customer so they will fight for you I am sure.

On a side note dealers are assholes with this ADM. They bait you in on MSRP listed on their sites and the 3rd party autotrader and the like, but then you call and email to get them beating around the bush for some to tell you oh there is a ADM or some even don't tell you until you get there... Also some email you a lower than MSRP price or MSRP price when you fill out their online request only to do the same and throw ADM on later... Had this happen to me pleanty of times, but unless I am going to waste time reporting them to the BBB or court they are going to get away with it. Like everyone else I told them to screw off and I moved on and kept looking. All this to say if I were in your shoes though with a third party giving you a price I would at least alert them to what is going on and they might punish the dealer at the least by removing them from he program which will in the end hurt the dealer on many other sales...
Sponsored

Z06_Pilot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP CTR #15484 | Corvette Z06's | Toyota Tundra #2, | Mini Cooper Countryman Works edition | Can-Am Spyder | Ducati X-Diavel
Country flag
Is there any wait lists at any dealers in the USA that I can pay a deposit for? White CTR seems to demand a premium when the blue and gray are exclusive to the USA. My search might end early next year and I am unable to obtain one.
I feel your pain my friend. I get more ticked off the more these ADM stories are told. regarding your above statement. I know Ohio is a long way from SoCal, but here in Columbus I got mine for MSRP. no BS. $35,595 + tax and doc fee (doc fee is $250 so it's very reasonable). Another forum member traveled from TN to the same dealer and got their CW for MSRP as well. Hugh White Honda is who I worked with. Also Lindsay Honda here sells for MSRP as well. Also try Buckeye Honda. They are located just outside Columbus.

Best of luck to you in your search.

eddie@honda

First Name
ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford escape
This thread has been helpful. I've been searching for a CTR since March 2018. I received a price of $32K through Costco for a dealer near LAX in LA, CA; but was then told the car was sold for $40K+ and that fleet pricing was never given. A black CTR was available for $43K with no accessories. I've been contacting various dealers regionally and out-of-state. It seems all dealers in California are $5K-10K over MSRP. It's just not a viable option anymore.

I am all the way in NJ and my dealership has one in Rallye Red at sticker (no bs) with no dealership addons. I thought I would have an offer by now, but it seems people aren't looking for red. We're taking deposits for the car which will arrive in Sept/Oct.

18CarEnthusiast18

First Name
N/A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
I am all the way in NJ and my dealership has one in Rallye Red at sticker (no bs) with no dealership addons. I thought I would have an offer by now, but it seems people aren't looking for red. We're taking deposits for the car which will arrive in Sept/Oct.
I am as well surprised you haven't sold it yet. Although as more MSRP deals are being found people are less willing to put a deposit down and just hold off in hopes to find in stock at MSRP. I know that became the case for me. Good luck though and once it arrives or is right about to arrive I will be surprised if you don't sell it right away if it stays MSRP with no add ons or ADM.

Nexus90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 C300, 14 corolla, 17 civic
Country flag
Madison honda here in nj has posted the polished metallic gray on the website its msrp but no one will confirm adm. 35k and change wouldn't be to bad for a type r I how ever am in no position to do so. Hopefully it helps one of u guys though.

18CarEnthusiast18

First Name
N/A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
Madison honda here in nj has posted the polished metallic gray on the website its msrp but no one will confirm adm. 35k and change wouldn't be to bad for a type r I how ever am in no position to do so. Hopefully it helps one of u guys though.
Just FYI if they won't confirm right away if it is MSRP that is because they have a mark up they don't want to talk about until them have you on site wasting time.

Crown Honda in Greensboro has a CW in their showroom if I saw right the other day when I was sitting at the light in front of their store. Their website says call for price so not sure on asking price, but if I get time I plan to stop by to look at it one day this week to compare a couple things I wonder about on mine like paint not matching perfect on my CW and I wonder if something happened or if that is how they all are. While there will try to get a price.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When I was in the market, Madison Honda was one of the dealers I attempted to work with. They wanted a 5k ADM last time, and I doubt it has changed.

lockednloaded

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM CTR #17012
Country flag
Madison Honda had a 5k markup on it as of a little over a week ago and refused to budge.

Nexus90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 C300, 14 corolla, 17 civic
Country flag
My bad guys didnt mean to waste you're time with the original madison Honda post. But I appreciate yall letting me know what's up.

lockednloaded

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM CTR #17012
Country flag
My bad guys didnt mean to waste you're time with the original madison Honda post. But I appreciate yall letting me know what's up.
Hey man, don’t apologize. You were just trying to help someone out. Not many leads getting dropped in this thread lately so good on you for trying to help out. Just so happened we also were here to help further by making aware of the 5k markup lol. Hey never know, maybe they changed their mind by now. It’s been sitting on the lot longer maybe they are getting tired of lookin at it.

lockednloaded

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM CTR #17012
Country flag
Just got an email back from Curry Honda in Yorktown heights NY. The salesman I was working with just got a blue CTR in and his manager is willing to do MSRP!!! Williams email is [email protected] tell him Adam sent you.

Disclaimer: I have zero affiliation with this dealer. I found a better deal than what they were offering at that time and purchased my CTR elsewhere. He reached out today with this deal and I told him I’d pass it on to my forum mates who are still searching.

HURRY!

Last edited:

Ekaker1

First Name
Abraham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 PMM CTR, 16 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 04 S2000, 18 Ninja, 16 Indian Scout
Country flag
Just got an email back from Curry Honda in Yorktown heights NY. The salesman I was working with just got a blue CTR in and his manager is willing to do MSRP!!! Williams email is [email protected] tell him Adam sent you.

Disclaimer: I have zero affiliation with this dealer. I found a better deal than what they were offering at that time and purchased my CTR elsewhere. He reached out today with this deal and I told him I’d pass it on to my forum mates who are still searching.

HURRY!
Damn. i called to put deposit and was beat by a few minutes. Lol and I'm going to NY this Saturday too that really sucks!!

Z06_Pilot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP CTR #15484 | Corvette Z06's | Toyota Tundra #2, | Mini Cooper Countryman Works edition | Can-Am Spyder | Ducati X-Diavel
Country flag

HURRY!
I want to know how you got a better deal than MSRP somewhere else, or were they not offering CTR's at MSRP at the time your purchased, maybe ?!

lockednloaded

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM CTR #17012
Country flag
Damn. i called to put deposit and was beat by a few minutes. Lol and I'm going to NY this Saturday too that really sucks!!
Ya I cross posted in one of the CTR Facebook groups and one of the guys said he snagged it. Sorry you missed it! I’m glad I was able to help someone though.

lockednloaded

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM CTR #17012
Country flag
I want to know how you got a better deal than MSRP somewhere else, or were they not offering CTR's at MSRP at the time your purchased, maybe ?!
He wasn’t offering MSRP when I last talked to him. Then I found the deal I ended up taking early last week. Then he emailed me today to let me know his manager would do msrp but since I already snagged mine I passed this on.
Sponsored