First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R / Ap1 S2000
Country flag
my sales guy said basically its a thing they do

None lol !! I picked mine up today. the best I could do was 42,305 plus tax and tags out the door.
What is that a 2800 markup ? Not bad in today's market. I'd consider that a win
Sponsored

Gabbman

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW CTR, 2017 Range Rover HSE
Country flag
What is that a 2800 markup ? Not bad in today's market. I'd consider that a win
Yep. I would have bought it there but I wanted the championship white. He called me when I was at the other dealer trying to pull me away. ‘winter is coming’ in This area means death for a car like this. In terms of sales

jayevo23

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR
Country flag
Waiting till winter will mostly likely get you the best deal.

ckc626

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Has anyone been inquiring within so-cal (Los Angeles areas), for what the mark ups are at? I have reached out to a few dealerships and its been 10-15k. Was wondering if anyone has seen it lower with the "added accessories."

niknatar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R, 1999 Mazda Miata
Country flag
I recently bought a CW at MSRP from Doug at Mick McClure Honda. They even covered the price of shipping the car ~300 miles over to me. He and the dealership were super easy to work with, didn't have to haggle or negotiate at all. Who knows if they ever get another Type R this generation, but if they do I'd 100% recommend them.

Bandit

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
Has anyone been inquiring within so-cal (Los Angeles areas), for what the mark ups are at? I have reached out to a few dealerships and its been 10-15k. Was wondering if anyone has seen it lower with the "added accessories."
I purchased a boost blue CTR last month from Honda of Downtown Los Angeles and I paid 4.8K over MSRP without the garbage accessories. They tried to add on door edge guards and door handle guards for $300 and a KARR alarm system for $2k. I did all my negotiation over the phone before I flew down to pick it up. I know it wasn't the best deal, But I rather spend my time at work than searching for a MSRP car

Stewas11

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR
Country flag
For what it's worth, having just been shopping for a blue or grey CTR in the midwest, the average mark-up from 14 dealers I called was 5-10K. Some were firm on their ADM, others would negotiate. Hare Honda in Indianapolis did have one at MSRP with about $3K in accessories, but it sold before I could secure it. The best I could do was $3K over MSRP w/no accessories from a dealer in the Detroit metro area.

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Fit, 2021 CW CTR
Country flag
I bought my CW in August at Van's Honda in Wisconsin for MSRP. Got it shipped to So Cal for $1350.

They did try to sell me the mudflaps and the extended warranty care but I declined it. They were a bit pushy but in the end they honored what I wanted.

*as a side note, I've been talking to them since May and I pretty much told them that I would put a down if need be. They didn't take it but I was the first person they contacted when their allocation came in.

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
I bought my CW in August at Van's Honda in Wisconsin for MSRP. Got it shipped to So Cal for $1350.

They did try to sell me the mudflaps and the extended warranty care but I declined it. They were a bit pushy but in the end they honored what I wanted.

*as a side note, I've been talking to them since May and I pretty much told them that I would put a down if need be. They didn't take it but I was the first person they contacted when their allocation came in.
Did they set up transportation for you?

ckc626

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I purchased a boost blue CTR last month from Honda of Downtown Los Angeles and I paid 4.8K over MSRP without the garbage accessories. They tried to add on door edge guards and door handle guards for $300 and a KARR alarm system for $2k. I did all my negotiation over the phone before I flew down to pick it up. I know it wasn't the best deal, But I rather spend my time at work than searching for a MSRP car
Thats actually really good (4.8k) From what I have seen between 4 dealershils its about 7500 to 10k. 15k being what they marked up and 10k where they will negotiate down some. I will never visit Scott Robinson Honda again because of a terrible experience with them. Carson honda has a Ctr cominf in soon maybe Nov with 7500 mark up no accessories.

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thats real good! I just came back from Riverside Honda $20K Markup plus $4100 in their fake accessories. $63K total and according to the salesman its non negotiable. I even offered $5k over. People on this forum where right, I should have paid the $5k ADM when they first came out. Time to look for a used one and hope for the best.

Bandit

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
Thats real good! I just came back from Riverside Honda $20K Markup plus $4100 in their fake accessories. $63K total and according to the salesman its non negotiable. I even offered $5k over. People on this forum where right, I should have paid the $5k ADM when they first came out. Time to look for a used one and hope for the best.
I think the inventory is just getting slimmer in california and they are less willing to negotiate. the norcal dealers are asking 10-15k over but willing to sell for 6-7k ADM.

When I was buying my CTR, my car salesman got a hell of a deal for his personal CTR. The dealer sold it to him for 38k out the door about 6 months ago, but it was also an internal deal.

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I think the inventory is just getting slimmer in california and they are less willing to negotiate. the norcal dealers are asking 10-15k over but willing to sell for 6-7k ADM.

When I was buying my CTR, my car salesman got a hell of a deal for his personal CTR. The dealer sold it to him for 38k out the door about 6 months ago, but it was also an internal deal.
I don't know about slimmer, there's one dealer with 8 in stock.
Sponsored