CTR at (or below?!!) sticker NICE LIST!

Neciovato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 370z Nismo
Country flag
So here is a question - how long before dealers stop charging ADM or lowering it to a point where it is worth paying the ext $1k/2k for a CTR since this is the last year and we are getting closer to the end of the year. Think we might see some of these cars that have been sitting go for MSRP all the sudden by mid to late Oct?
Sponsored

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
I get the semantics of the thing...but most of the dealers that I have seen with CTR tell you up front - MSRP or ABOVE. The one I bought, said MSRP online...as do the two I'm talking about.

All I'm saying is - if you are looking...in my area...for MSRP...they'd be worth a call. If not - nothin to see here..move along.
You mentioned competition between dealers. Itā€™s just that dealers really donā€˜t compete on the CTR since they generally donā€™t have to and even less so in this market.

So here is a question - how long before dealers stop charging ADM or lowering it to a point where it is worth paying the ext $1k/2k for a CTR since this is the last year and we are getting closer to the end of the year. Think we might see some of these cars that have been sitting go for MSRP all the sudden by mid to late Oct?
Short of some sort of significant economic change, the dealers whom ask for ADM will continue to do so until the model run is compete.

Is ADM worth it is a personal decision.

Neciovato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 370z Nismo
Country flag
Short of some sort of significant economic change, the dealers whom ask for ADM will continue to do so until the model run is compete.

Is ADM worth it is a personal decision.
Maybe I'm wrong - but i would think it would be hard to push ADM on a car when it's 2022 along with a new model coming out. Then again - with this chip shortage and the fact that we can expect 'more of the same' for 2022 - I guess if they can get away with it - they will. Regardless - hoping that by end of 2022 - things will be 'normal' again and it won't be HUGE ADMs or you'll be able to find MSRP on a new CTR - or find a reasonably priced used one.

itsovr9k

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 S2000, 2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
My estimate is that the impact of the chip shortage on the automotive market will likely sustain until 2024. It could be pushed further if the pandemic continues through next year, and if substantial investments in microchip manufacturing capacity are not made.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I might be able to swing something for a CW CTR from a dealer around central CA, within couple hundred miles. Anyone know of anything? I've put out feelers, but their MSRP is, of course, just to attract folks. They all respond back with ADM.

I don't need it, so, I won't pay markup or anything.

Leads welcomed!

natethegreat

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R / Ap1 S2000
Country flag
I might be able to swing something for a CW CTR from a dealer around central CA, within couple hundred miles. Anyone know of anything? I've put out feelers, but their MSRP is, of course, just to attract folks. They all respond back with ADM.

Leads welcomed!

Leads welcomed!
Call the dealers on the in transit list. That's your best bet.

https://stevenmatchett.github.io/civic-ui/

I'd contact Yreka Honda in Northern California. Some other member said he paid 2700 ATM on his from there just recently. Which is very good. Shipping right now outta state isn't cheap. I paid $1500 from Illinois to California.

Last edited:

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

aldritz

First Name
louie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
acura cl type s 2001
Country flag
Hi, anyone knows a dealer who sells msrp in NJ or nearby?

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Call the dealers on the in transit list. That's your best bet.

https://stevenmatchett.github.io/civic-ui/

I'd contact Yreka Honda in Northern California. Some other member said he paid 2700 ATM on his from there just recently. Which is very good. Shipping right now outta state isn't cheap. I paid $1500 from Illinois to California.
Update for everyone: across Cali, contacting 7+ dealerships, the lowest Iā€™ve gotten for a 2021 CW is $44K before tax/lic., etc.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
While not qualifying for 'At or below sticker' due to current market conditions, I got my new Type R for 4k over (sadly, reasonable in this current weird time, so I thought I'd post it in this thread, as it qualifies as a good deal in current market lol)

Tomball Honda - TX

Good luck anyone searching! They have a white one coming in, and a black one but I believe that one is spoken for.

Gabbman

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW CTR, 2017 Range Rover HSE
Country flag
my sales guy said basically its a thing they do
You might message Gabbman as heā€™s also in NJ and just purchased a CTR (he didnā€™t find msrp).
None lol !! I picked mine up today. the best I could do was 42,305 plus tax and tags out the door.

aldritz

First Name
louie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
acura cl type s 2001
Country flag
my sales guy said basically its a thing they do

None lol !! I picked mine up today. the best I could do was 42,305 plus tax and tags out the door.
Damn. I called up 30 dealer so far here in Tri state and none are selling it for msrp. Typical markup is 5-10k.

Gabbman

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW CTR, 2017 Range Rover HSE
Country flag
Damn. I called up 30 dealer so far here in Tri state and none are selling it for msrp. Typical markup is 5-10k.
What color are you looking for. Mt.kisko had a sonic and they were also willing to negotiate heavy. Not msrp but weā€™re 3k over.

Bobbyt

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
What color are you looking for. Mt.kisko had a sonic and they were also willing to negotiate heavy. Not msrp but weā€™re 3k over.
Buy the car asap 3k over with a chip shortage is on every car fyi
Sponsored