CTR at (or below?!!) sticker NICE LIST!

TheBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CTR Boost Blue, '21 Mazda 3
Country flag
Anyone know if theres a dealer in Pennsylvania selling at msrp or at least 1k mark up?
They are out there...I'm in central PA and I just got a Boooooooooooooooost Blue one last week at MSRP, and got $20,500 for my '17 Si. I'll end up financing LESS than I did when I bought the Si... Check AutoTrader... I was dealing with a place in Ohio....but they wanted $5k over sticker, and low-balled me on the trade...and then I read here that they are not a good dealer... Good luck!
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
I just called sam boswell Honda and they are asking over $46k they added $6k of dealer add ons... CF mirrors, hood scoop, etc.
Damn they went straight to the naughty list, originally wanted 43,500 with cf mirrors, interior, hood scoop (no wing), and mats out the door.

natethegreat

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R / Ap1 S2000
Country flag
There is still hope don't give up, I just purchased my 2021 SGP type R for msrp $39,305 excluding taxes and licensing fees. Thanks to another member who gave me his allocation since he no longer decided to purchase. I'll take $100 if you want the dealership name. Just kidding, it's Zimmerman Honda in Illinois. I am not aware if they are getting any Type R's soon or if they are spoken for yet but nice to know there's hope still out there. If you're still looking for one at msrp I'd start by calling the dealers on the in transit list, another member has it linked in a different thread I believe. The closest one I found recently to msrp was 43,680 OTD in Montana at Corwin Honda in Kalispell.

NashEquil

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Country flag
Picked up my Ralley Red 2021 Type R last week at Ryan Honda, Minot, North Dakota at sticker $38,500 before taxes and tags.
They gave me $18,800 on my high mileage 2017 SI (68,000 miles and minor scrape on rear where I got banged with a shopping cart).

I got really lucky. There were over 200 people that inquired about it.. but the dealership decided that they wanted certain criteria for the person who bought it.
1. Needed to be local
2. Needed to have a trade

I bought my SI from them in 2017 and was local, and wanted to trade it in, so I went to the top of the list.
I let them know right away that I was not interested in a bidding war or anything over MSRP, and they told me they had no intention of doing so.

Ryan Honda of Minot
3701 S. Broadway • Minot, ND 58701

Type_MBN

every dream has a beginning
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 AP2, '21 CW FK8, '08 USF40
Country flag
Found a 2021 SGP Type R for sticker at Bill Walsh Honda for a buddy but when he called to make a deposit, they said they will charge mark up since he is not local. (haven't heard that one but it's their right to do whatever they want!)

Figure I would share here since this thread is what helped me to find mine! Hopefully it’s still available and this will help someone!

Good luck to everyone looking!

CtrlAltElite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Civic Type R
Country flag
Found a 2021 SGP Type R for sticker at Bill Walsh Honda for a buddy but when he called to make a deposit, they said they will charge mark up since he is not local. (haven't heard that one but it's their right to do whatever they want!)

Figure I would share here since this thread is what helped me to find mine! Hopefully it’s still available and this will help someone!

Good luck to everyone looking!
Just gave them a call. They have it for ~47k for someone who isn't local.

TheBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ok...anyone near Central PA looking for Boost Blue... Altoona Honda has one in the showroom and one as an 'artist's conception' like it's on the way - they could be one and the same, but I'm not sure.... According to the website...it's MSRP...

Friction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ok...anyone near Central PA looking for Boost Blue... Altoona Honda has one in the showroom and one as an 'artist's conception' like it's on the way - they could be one and the same, but I'm not sure.... According to the website...it's MSRP...
Most dealers put MSRP online. I've even seen them Have MSRP with it crossed out and "Don't pay MSRP!" by it like they do for regular cars that you can get under MSRP. I call and there is always a mark-up. Its just to get you to call. Its quite annoying!

TheBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Most dealers put MSRP online. I've even seen them Have MSRP with it crossed out and "Don't pay MSRP!" by it like they do for regular cars that you can get under MSRP. I call and there is always a mark-up. Its just to get you to call. Its quite annoying!
I agree - except the dealership I bought mine from is MSRP...and Altoona Honda isn't horribly far away, so...competition. It'd be worth the inquiry....

TheBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks for sharing but dealers are not competing to sell at MSRP.
I get the semantics of the thing...but most of the dealers that I have seen with CTR tell you up front - MSRP or ABOVE. The one I bought, said MSRP online...as do the two I'm talking about.

All I'm saying is - if you are looking...in my area...for MSRP...they'd be worth a call. If not - nothin to see here..move along.
Sponsored