CTR at (or below?!!) sticker NICE LIST!

StealthyK

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R #482, 2018 Honda Odyssey Elite; Previous cars: 2016 Honda Pilot Touring AWD; 2016 Subaru WRX STi Hyper Blue Limited; 2013 Honda Civic Si Sedan, 1994 Dodge Stealth R/T, 1992 Nissan NX2000
Country flag
I bought my Type R at Bob Lindsay Honda in Peoria, IL for MSRP. I live in MO about 4.5 hours away, but it was well worth the trip as all dealers in MO were marking their Type Rs up $4K-$5K over MSRP.
Sponsored

habibmustafa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Could the transmission issue be a bargaining chip towards getting one at MSRP?

S2k_Dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
Country flag
Could the transmission issue be a bargaining chip towards getting one at MSRP?
Only if you want to look like an idiot, no dealership will even acknowledge they know of a problem. Besides, there are only a few of the more than 3,000+ units built and sold in the US that even exhibit a problem.

wmo168

First Name
Mr M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Geo Metro
Country flag
Honda North in Butler PA selling for MSRP, ~1 year waiting list.
Keep in mind, a lot of dealers with long waiting list lie, by the time they got the actual Type R, they said they now selling it for $40k, at first they said we have 10 people waiting @ MSRP and you are the 11th.... 5 months later, got call and said you are next but the car is $40k, you interested? etc... etc.. etc...

S2k_Dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
Country flag
Keep in mind, a lot of dealers with long waiting list lie, by the time they got the actual Type R, they said they now selling it for $40k, at first they said we have 10 people waiting @ MSRP and you are the 11th.... 5 months later, got call and said you are next but the car is $40k, you interested? etc... etc.. etc...
Also, for dealers that claim they have a long "waiting" list, it's probably more of a list of names that the salesman will contact when the dealer receives a CTR to see if the individual who inquired about the car is still interested. Most of those people are on multiple waiting lists, didn't put down a deposit, weren't really ready to buy, or wouldn't even qualify for the loan. In my opinion, a real waiting list are people who have put down a deposit and are willing, ready and able to take delivery. Even if the "waiting" list is 100 people long, there are probably only about 2-3 people who are serious buyers.

Reactions: JYR

asiandeity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic SI, 2017 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just took delivery of #230 in Championship White from Huggins Honda in North Richland Hills, TX. Price was MSRP plus$1500 in accessories. Best service I've ever had at any dealership.

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR at (or below?!!) sticker NICE LIST! 230

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
Just took delivery of #230 in Championship White from Huggins Honda in North Richland Hills, TX. Price was MSRP plus$1500 in accessories. Best service I've ever had at any dealership.

230.jpg
Congrats on the pickup

We expect to see your new wheels on or are you gonna wait till spring time?

asiandeity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic SI, 2017 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Might put the new wheels on as early as Sunday. I have all season high performance tires to go with them.

CSIG1001

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 V6 6 SPEED COUPE ACCORD
passed up a PMM last week at msrp
will wait 3 months and get my 2018 with a higher residual
have a deposit down

told the sales manager about the tranny issues, and color i wanted. Said they would put a order in for white or black and they will call me when ready

too late in the game to buy any car at msrp for a 2017

dealers can put preferences in for colors but not gurranteed
but i am pretty sure they will get what they want

S2k_Dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
Country flag
passed up a PMM last week at msrp
will wait 3 months and get my 2018 with a higher residual
have a deposit down

told the sales manager about the tranny issues, and color i wanted. Said they would put a order in for white or black and they will call me when ready

too late in the game to buy any car at msrp for a 2017

dealers can put preferences in for colors but not gurranteed
but i am pretty sure they will get what they want
Which dealer are you working with? I'm also looking to pick up a 2018 when they are available.

CSIG1001

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Which dealer are you working with? I'm also looking to pick up a 2018 when they are available.
It will not matter since you have no deposit in. They are selling it 4k over msrp now. Next car comes in I will be getting it at msrp. They are not taking deposits anymore

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag
I saw a 2018 Honda Accord 1.5 Touring today and saw that stupid side sheet with their ADM junk on there. I think I will start looking at another car company from now on. Looks like these dealers think everyone is stupid and will pay for these crazy markup's on the SI, Type R's and now the new Accords. Screw them.
Oh man, I hate to hear this. Honda US needs to get a grip - they are loosing potential customers due to dealership greed!

CSIG1001

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh man, I hate to hear this. Honda US needs to get a grip - they are loosing potential customers due to dealership greed!
it will never last on the accord since dealers will be getting crap loads of accords every month
Sponsored