CTR at (or below?!!) sticker NICE LIST!

jatkins

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey
I posted the lottery info quite some time ago. Surprised it only has nine people signed up according to other posts.
I asked and accessories are included but at Honda's posted online pricing plus labor.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R #00969 BLK, 2015 Nissan 370Z Roadster (BLK), 2019 Civic Si Modern Steel Metalic
Country flag
To clarify, it's not MSRP + ADM Accessories, it's MSRP plus retail pricing for the accessories. Same thing my dealer did when I bought my CTR. Was not mandatory though, but if I wanted accessories they were retail.
Anyone local going to Jay Honda on Saturday? Anyone taking their CTR to the event? I can't believe there are only 9 people signed up for the raffle. I signed up just to say, Pass, for the next in line if I win. ;)
Actually I signed up thinking there was some special test drive of one of the vehicle they are bringing to the event. I think it's just the CTR though. Just the CTR. :p

wmo168

First Name
Mr M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Geo Metro
Country flag
To clarify, it's not MSRP + ADM Accessories, it's MSRP plus retail pricing for the accessories. Same thing my dealer did when I bought my CTR. Was not mandatory though, but if I wanted accessories they were retail.
Anyone local going to Jay Honda on Saturday? Anyone taking their CTR to the event? I can't believe there are only 9 people signed up for the raffle. I signed up just to say, Pass, for the next in line if I win. ;)
Actually I signed up thinking there was some special test drive of one of the vehicle they are bringing to the event. I think it's just the CTR though. Just the CTR. :p
You already got a Type R and you want to Test drive another Type R lol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R #00969 BLK, 2015 Nissan 370Z Roadster (BLK), 2019 Civic Si Modern Steel Metalic
Country flag
You already got a Type R and you want to Test drive another Type R lol
A Championship White one may drive different then my Black one, right?? We all know the black one is faster! ;)
I thought they were bringing a modded race version or something that folks could win a test drive in. Maybe they will let me drive the NSX! Jay Honda has an awesome vintage Honda in their showroom as well that would be cool to drive.

jgreen16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX Hatch, 1990 Chevrolet C1500
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would like to go, but unfortunately I have to work.

wmo168

First Name
Mr M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Geo Metro
Country flag
A Championship White one may drive different then my Black one, right?? We all know the black one is faster! ;)
I thought they were bringing a modded race version or something that folks could win a test drive in. Maybe they will let me drive the NSX! Jay Honda has an awesome vintage Honda in their showroom as well that would be cool to drive.
Cool, I sent you a PM

jatkins

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey
CTR for test drives should be the red one they ran on the track as the pace car at Indy 200 last weekend at Mid Ohio - so even faster than black right? You might have to flash that solid gold rolex to drive the NSX! lol

aineontyper

First Name
Jeremias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 G35s
Vehicle Showcase
OC Honda Dealerships are all the same they all marking them up atleast $20k +. The worst experience I had was in Westminster Honda. Their story is:

"Technically the car is sold and is owned by the owner of the dealership. The best thing we can do is run your credit first and if he feels you are worthy then he might sell you his car. Make an offer and see if we like it." I offered $45k even though that is ridiculous already and the guy was like nah we are asking $58k then why the F#$Ck you asking lol.

Horrible man no such thing as satisfying the customer, Im really losing hope on this car if all the dealerships will be doing the same thing. I am envious of the people getting these cars at MSRP.

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan (TSP stage 1) 2016 Mazda Miata Club (Brembo BBS pack)
Country flag
Way to many cars that are much better in the 40k price range, not to mention many with AWD competitors if you live in the Midwest or north east etc.

For 58k there are dozens of better vehicles, that's approaching Shelby GT350 numbers lol

gtolio

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 EP3 Si hatch, 2019 Civic Sport Hatch 6spd, 2017 Honda Ruckus
Country flag
OC Honda Dealerships are all the same they all marking them up atleast $20k +. The worst experience I had was in Westminster Honda. Their story is:

"Technically the car is sold and is owned by the owner of the dealership. The best thing we can do is run your credit first and if he feels you are worthy then he might sell you his car. Make an offer and see if we like it." I offered $45k even though that is ridiculous already and the guy was like nah we are asking $58k then why the F#$Ck you asking lol.

Horrible man no such thing as satisfying the customer, Im really losing hope on this car if all the dealerships will be doing the same thing. I am envious of the people getting these cars at MSRP.
Don't lose hope man. It will mellow out. Just give it time.

CA seems to be the worst, but even then it sounds like you had an unusually bad experience.

Vdeity86

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350z Anniversary Edition(sold), Accord, #1220 CTR
Country flag

Buy elsewhere, ship in....

NorcalCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R #3855, 2007 Honda Civic Si, 2001 Honda Civic EX (Sold)
Country flag
Look out-of-state because the Cali mark ups are crazy. Other states still have mark ups but it's definitely more affordable than what I am seeing here in Norcal. I'm buying out-of-state and just waiting for it to arrive now.

SpraykwoN

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Acura ILX A-Spec and looking for a Civic Type-R
Country flag
Look out-of-state because the Cali mark ups are crazy. Other states still have mark ups but it's definitely more affordable than what I am seeing here in Norcal. I'm buying out-of-state and just waiting for it to arrive now.
How hard is it to buy out of state then register it in CA?
Sponsored