StevenMatchett

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
Took 10 mins of paper work and 40 mins waiting for them to wash the car. It started raining 30 mins into my drive lol
Sponsored

Hondaimport99

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
**Update**
Ok so there may still be some hope left with Sussman Honda in PA. Derrick contacted me again yesterday and asked if I was still in the market, to which I of course replied, yes. They are apparently willing to come down a little on the markup because they "want my business". Not sure exactly what changed and how much they are willing to come down but I'll find out on Saturday at 11am since I now have an appointment. Wish me luck! I'll also be sure to mention your name Brian as my referral, maybe get ya a few bucks out of it!
**UPDATE**

It's official! I am now the owner of a beautiful 21' SGP Type R!!! Thanks to Backslasbrian for the referral, I ended finally finding a dealer at Sussman Honda in PA that was able to work with me and not jack the price up 7-8k above MSRP. Ending up getting the car for just over 42k with taxes, tags, docs included. I must say I highly recommend this dealer. From start to finish they treated me exceptionally. I'll have to take some better pictures this weekend, but this is her in the showroom. First reactions, God damn this thing handles like a savage, the extra power coming from having Si's my whole life is certainly a plus, what a difference! Completely different car. Love how the seats are much more bulstered as well. More thoughts to come after I drive it some more the next few days. But proud to finally be a member of the Type R fam!!!

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR at (or below?!!) sticker NICE LIST! 20201121_114420

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
Made it back 930 miles. Somewhere in the middle of nowhere Illinois

1606081337585.png
Did you initiate full send it mode when you hit 600 on the odo on the way back home?? Must be nice to get the break in period done on the ride home from the dealer.

StevenMatchett

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
Did you initiate full send it mode when you hit 600 on the odo on the way back home?? Must be nice to get the break in period done on the ride home from the dealer.
I got on it a little bit around 600 miles nothing crazy as it was literally all highway miles. Not really ideal for a break in. The following morning around 800 miles I really got on it. It was fun to spin 1st through 2nd. 40 degrees and these tires don't get along

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
**UPDATE**
Congrats!

FWIW - If I am you, I am looking VERY, VERY, VERY closely at the paint where the ribbon is resting on your hood. My sister in law just spent $55k on a brand new Toyota 4Runner Nightshade package, they put a ribbon perfectly centered on the hood when she picked it up. Low and behold, the ribbon used a magnet to attach itself to the hood, which left permanent scratches. The dealer is having to repaint the entire hood from the damage left by the magnet/ribbon.

I hope and also doubt you'll have the same issue, but this just happened a week ago so it's fresh in my mind. Enjoy!

Jico

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type r
Country flag
I got my CTR at Criswell Honda for MSRP. Call and offer. That’s how I got mine.
How my friend??? I called them 2 weeks ago and asked them for msrp but they said can only go half way

Blood_TypeR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R SGP
Country flag
@Rico Norris Honda Dundalk md , I picked up sgp 2020 type r @ msrp recently Nick Hyson will help u out just mention That the other type r owner referred u

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
I got on it a little bit around 600 miles nothing crazy as it was literally all highway miles. Not really ideal for a break in. The following morning around 800 miles I really got on it. It was fun to spin 1st through 2nd. 40 degrees and these tires don't get along
Nice. True but beats me who is mostly city driving but still hasn't passed the 600 mile mark several weeks later lol I'd still feel fairly comfortable considering the car broken in at 1K miles if at least some of it was not highway driving.

Congrats!

FWIW - If I am you, I am looking VERY, VERY, VERY closely at the paint where the ribbon is resting on your hood. My sister in law just spent $55k on a brand new Toyota 4Runner Nightshade package, they put a ribbon perfectly centered on the hood when she picked it up. Low and behold, the ribbon used a magnet to attach itself to the hood, which left permanent scratches. The dealer is having to repaint the entire hood from the damage left by the magnet/ribbon.

I hope and also doubt you'll have the same issue, but this just happened a week ago so it's fresh in my mind. Enjoy!
Wtf......the lack of any attention to basic details at most dealers is so frustrating. How can your career revolve around selling an expensive product like a new car and you can't be bothered to learn what damages or swirls the paint. Most salesmen can't even tell you much beyond the basic spreadsheet features of the car let alone understand why slapping a magnet ribbon around the hood out of convenience is bad for the paint.

Jico

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type r
Country flag
@Rico Norris Honda Dundalk md , I picked up sgp 2020 type r @ msrp recently Nick Hyson will help u out just mention That the other type r owner referred u
Cant find the guy im calling right now.. you said nick hyson?

Tbreezyfk8

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BB FK8; 2018 Civic Si HFP (Sold); 21 Mercedes A-Class
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Boost Blue just arrived to dealer today. Shipping to Cali this weekend. Guys at Bell Honda in AZ were awesome to deal with.

Jico

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type r
Country flag
Boost Blue just arrived to dealer today. Shipping to Cali this weekend. Guys at Bell Honda in AZ were awesome to deal with.
Msrp right? Howd you do it?? Sign then come back?
Sponsored