CTR at (or below?!!) sticker NICE LIST!

izzyC-EX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' BBP Type-R/20'MX-5, Recaro, Brembo, Bose/19' GLC63 Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi guys went ahead and posted my loan and pricing details for you guys who are just about to buy one so you have a comparison and get some tips. I hope it helps.
Sponsored

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
bro you flat out paid off a $47,000 Loan? you are beyond well off. You are rich man I applaud you and i hope to be like you someday lol. I'm also pissed that dealers get away with overcharging you for the registration fees. I wanted to handle my Tax title etc separate but was unable to do so. How did you get the money back for the overcharging of registration fees?

Last edited:

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm also going to add when you guys go to the dealer and accept a Mark up above MSRP please consider the other costs that are associated with the vehicle. Their OTD price does not include extra stuff they try to throw at you + the required stuff that you have to pay. I stress to you do not pay the mark up. I believe If we all calm our emotions down, think logically and followed this rule they cant mark up the car because no one would buy it at that price. MSRP is more than enough and most cars don't get sold at MSRP but near invoice....Dealers made a killing on this car.

romuhhhr

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R-39517, 2014 Mazda 6
Country flag
bro you flat out paid off a $47,000 Loan? you are beyond well off you are rich man. Im also pissed that dealers get away with overcharging you for the registration fees. I wanted to handle my Tax title etc separate but was unable to do so. How did you get the money back for the overcharging of registration fees?
Same question I was gona ask. How did that work?

izzyC-EX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
bro you flat out paid off a $47,000 Loan? you are beyond well off. You are rich man I applaud you and i hope to be like you someday lol. I'm also pissed that dealers get away with overcharging you for the registration fees. I wanted to handle my Tax title etc separate but was unable to do so. How did you get the money back for the overcharging of registration fees?
lol, Not rich but we do put savings first on top of our budget, it's good practice.
I actually only paid $42,500+ because remember I got refunds from the extended warranty, oil plan and gap they sold me that was included in the loan.
I don't think they intentionally overcharged, they do it because they don't know what DMV actually charges. The reg and lic fees at the beginning are all estimates and whatever it really ends up with you get a refund. I did not have to go after that.

lou430

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R BB, 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2011 Honda CR-Z EX
Country flag
Dealers make MORE money on those extras like gap insurance, oil service contract, lifetime tire rotations lol. They sold you the car at MSRP because they thought they were getting you on the extras. You were wise enough to know they were cancellable within 60-90 days. Question is would they have STILL sold it to you if you rejected those extras ?

There are lots of people claiming they paid MSRP but don't realize the dealership got them in trade in value, gap insurance, extended warranties, paint protection and undercoating, wheel damage insurance and last but not least higher loan rates.

fk8dc5s

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8 2003 DC5S 1994 CD5
Country flag
The engines are already made here before they're shipped to the UK. Most Hondas sold in N.A. are already made in N.A. so I wouldn't stress it. Honda quality in U.S. vs UK? Toss-up to me. The days of Hondas all being made in Japan passed decades ago.
it ended with cars like my DC5 and others like s2k and tsx

izzyC-EX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dealers make MORE money on those extras like gap insurance, oil service contract, lifetime tire rotations lol. They sold you the car at MSRP because they thought they were getting you on the extras. You were wise enough to know they were cancellable within 60-90 days. Question is would they have STILL sold it to you if you rejected those extras ?

There are lots of people claiming they paid MSRP but don't realize the dealership got them in trade in value, gap insurance, extended warranties, paint protection and undercoating, wheel damage insurance and last but not least higher loan rates.
Question is would they have STILL sold it to you if you rejected those extras? With the Type-R's case, they would probably had let me walked away as me saying "NO" was not enough for them, that was my hint.

They will make money no matter what but just getting it out there that you can still do your homework and make it happen even after the sale.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just fyi as well banks make you pay a refinancing fee on top of taking on your loan sometimes you have to tell yourself is it worth paying $1000+ extra to take a 1.0 off your interest.

izzyC-EX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just fyi as well banks make you pay a refinancing fee on top of taking on your loan sometimes you have to tell yourself is it worth paying $1000+ extra to take a 1.0 off your interest.
That would not be a good idea if they do charge a $1k fee. I would not do it if they do. I think most CU have no fee but I might be wrong.

Diamond Ned

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Odometer photo shows 6 miles, which is typical when it gets delivered. That said, if you think this is MSRP based on the listing and without contacting the dealer for a quote, there's a very good chance the listing is inaccurate for price.

Most dealers list CTRs at MSRP on websites (cars.com, autotrader.com, etc.) but when you contact them for real pricing, they are asking over MSRP
aw man thats a shame..

type_ramen

First Name
Keiothic
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Just brought home #39935. Paid Sticker at Hare Honda in Avon IN(Near Indy). Very easy buying process, Clay and Allen were awesome.

1600547523131.png
The number is so close to the MSRP... thankfully the dealership didn't notice that and used it as the price!

type_ramen

First Name
Keiothic
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I wonder if the 2021s are numbered as 40000 and above already.
why shouldn't it? It's still under the 10th gen platform. Only the LE will receive a different numbering that matches the 600 amount.
Sponsored