98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
Not finding much in Vegas dealers. Contact chat support for one. Findlay gave me an ADM $5000 quote - I've added them to the naughty thread.
None of the four Vegas dealers have sold for less than $5000 that I am aware of.

Skandiluz

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR / '20 SGP CTR (Sold) / '15 FRS (Sold)
Country flag
what sales rep did you deal with? Would you recommend the person?
I think going a little deeper than that is just to keep your eyes open for louisiana dealerships. We get a bunch of type r's but quite a lot of them are sold to people out of state just because there's little to no markups now.

For example: Baton rouge had 3 (I think there is still one left). Covington had 2 (I got one and the other is presold). Superior honda supposedly has 2, but no idea if they're still on the lot or if the website isn't updated to reflect that they've been sold. We had two boost blues a few months back, both went to people out of state. Mississippi is also very similar.

CanadaCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R (CW)
Country flag
Mark ups only exist in USA. Dealerships are prohibited from selling above MSRP by law, so Canadians just need to find the color that they want.
This is actually not true but is a common misconception. Not only do dealers sell above MSRP on a variety of vehicles but some also force you to buy the maximum length extended warranty along with every protection package (all the stuff that is 99% profit for them). Another way they get around it is selling you a set of winter mats for $4000. Yet another game they play is forcing 8 year financing with high rates. Getting a CTR at straight MSRP in Canada is not as easy as some people think. There are laws in place to stop extreme over pricing but selling above MSRP is not illegal in Canada and as mentioned above there are countless ways to still charge way over MSRP even if the car is technically sold at MSRP. You are making it sound much easier than it is.

in most cases the MSRP is just that - a suggested price.

type_ramen

First Name
Keiothic
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I think going a little deeper than that is just to keep your eyes open for louisiana dealerships. We get a bunch of type r's but quite a lot of them are sold to people out of state just because there's little to no markups now.

For example: Baton rouge had 3 (I think there is still one left). Covington had 2 (I got one and the other is presold). Superior honda supposedly has 2, but no idea if they're still on the lot or if the website isn't updated to reflect that they've been sold. We had two boost blues a few months back, both went to people out of state. Mississippi is also very similar.
That's good then. TX is still primarily little to way over. I would be happy if Lousianna have MSRP dealerships when it comes time for me to upgrade

Skandiluz

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR / '20 SGP CTR (Sold) / '15 FRS (Sold)
Country flag
That's good then. TX is still primarily little to way over. I would be happy if Lousianna have MSRP dealerships when it comes time for me to upgrade
They do. Don't get me wrong, there's still some dealerships here that are trying to charge $3k+ but it is rare that they are sold for that. Just keep at your OTD price and they'll bite on it or close to it. You can always negotiate the price. People here don't make a lot of money and they're pretty bad with their credit as well. So there's very few STi's and even less Type R's.

Just search the Honda website for some zip codes. if you can find one in transit that'll be your best bet since you can put a refundable deposit on it. Second from the is to see if there's any on the dealer lots and just email them, don't call.

70433 is Covington. This will give you Covington and baton rouge. Maybe slidell?

70461 is Slidell. This should give you covington and some of the new orleans dealerships.

70058 is New Orleans (WestBank). This gives you the Honda dealers on both the east and west banks of New Orleans (6 dealerships in total? I think)

This may or may not help but that's what I did and I know these areas sell at or near msrp

Tagged

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R, BBP
Country flag
McLarty honda down in Little Rock AR has a SGP coming around the first of October for close to MSRP. They are charging 1200 over but they give you wheel locks/floor mats/tint and some other small goodies for it. Guy there named Darrell super nice guy.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
McLarty honda down in Little Rock AR has a SGP coming around the first of October for close to MSRP. They are charging 1200 over but they give you wheel locks/floor mats/tint and some other small goodies for it. Guy there named Darrell super nice guy.
That sounds like a decent deal find out the goodies price them out and negotiate a fairer price. MSRP+addons isnt a bad deal because they are additions you would purchase anyways.

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
Odometer photo shows 6 miles, which is typical when it gets delivered. That said, if you think this is MSRP based on the listing and without contacting the dealer for a quote, there's a very good chance the listing is inaccurate for price.

Most dealers list CTRs at MSRP on websites (cars.com, autotrader.com, etc.) but when you contact them for real pricing, they are asking over MSRP

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Integra Type R, 2000 Civic SiR 2012 civic 1966 Mustang
Country flag
Finally got mine. Late July build #39876. If any of you are on the fence - go buy one. I love this thing. Even at a few grand over imo it is worth every penny.

88DDE073-F84C-4C4D-BD18-5001074A1E26.jpeg

funny my July 13th build date has a badge #35449

Tagged

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R, BBP
Country flag
That sounds like a decent deal find out the goodies price them out and negotiate a fairer price. MSRP+addons isnt a bad deal because they are additions you would purchase anyways.
Yeah, it didnt seem bad to me. I think id do all the things that were being done anyways. Probably have to rip the tint off and get darker but thats a personal preference thing lol.

Seandingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CBP CTR, 2010 Accord
Country flag
The eagle has finally landed! After several months of waiting, I've finally taken delivery on my CBP type R.

Huge shout out to Milton at Bob Boyte Honda in Mississippi (dealership that was mentioned several pages ago) for selling this to me at MSRP. He made this transaction smooth and seamless. He also mentioned that they are getting four more Type Rs in. Not sure if they're already spoken for but worth a shot for anyone looking!

Also big shout to Edgar at Evolution Auto Transport for getting this from Mississippi to San Jose in pristine condition (although a bit dirty from the elements which was expected). Hit him up if your car delivery route lies anywhere between California and Florida as that is the main route he travels.

This is my first manual car and I purchased without really knowing how to drive one (combined experience maybe two hours total on a friends FRS). The clutch is so buttery smooth and easy for a beginner! For anyone on the fence on getting one, do it!

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR at (or below?!!) sticker NICE LIST! 20200917_171428

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR at (or below?!!) sticker NICE LIST! 20200917_173429

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Give that baby the detail it deserves and ceramic coat. Enjoy it bro