CTR at (or below?!!) sticker NICE LIST!

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
I used to be stationed in Jacksonville and I spoke with them back in 2018 about a CTR. They would not budge on the mark up and the sales people were rude as hell. I wouldn't give them business even if you can talk them out of the ADM.

If you are in Jacksonville then I would suggest looking in another area. If you happen to be military afiliated then there's always the USAA car buying service. I used it and got my 2019 CTR for under sticker.
Thanks for the USAA tip. I'm prior service and after applying I was able to sign up and it was easy and painless. They do have the program to help you locate your vehicle and luckily the Type R is one of the selections. I did a quick search and it briefly mentioned that the price for this car in my area was 41K (Bay Area) which is not accurate at all.

I have to look more into it but I also noticed their financing is an outstanding 2.54% APR. Now that's music to anyone's ears.
Sponsored

Geezer

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
That’s not the worse deal ever, but paying anything close to MSRP for a year old+ old car is a hard sale. I would pay invoice or slightly above for that car. Everyone buying a new CTR at this juncture is gonna want a 2020.
Agreed I wanted a below invoice deal and they were not willing to move. There is a Buffalo area dealer Northtown Honda that has a new RR 2019 sitting since last year. Honda City in Liverpool also has a new 2019 Champ White they were firm on MSRP when I inquired.

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
Has anyone ever dealt with Lou Hobbs Honda of the Avenues located in Jacksonville, FL before?

I sent them an email asking if they would sell their 2019 in stock at or below MSRP and they responded by saying they never sell anything below MSRP before but never answered my question if it was at MSRP. Obviously the person responding back via email doesn't have very good attention to detail.
I live 2 miles from this dealer, they're 100% dealer naughty list. I posted to the naughty list thread maybe two or three weeks ago about this dealer, they had a $49k price tag on the 2019 Rallye Red CTR. When I bought my 2019 CTR in March 2019, I gave them a chance for my business at MSRP. They laughed and said "good luck". A week later they texted me and said maybe we could "make a deal". I sent a photo of my new R in text responding I got what I wanted for MSRP in South Florida. Felt good to let them know they were wrong

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
I live 2 miles from this dealer, they're 100% dealer naughty list. I posted to the naughty list thread maybe two or three weeks ago about this dealer, they had a $49k price tag on the 2019 Rallye Red CTR. When I bought my 2019 CTR in March 2019, I gave them a chance for my business at MSRP. They laughed and said "good luck". A week later they texted me and said maybe we could "make a deal". I sent a photo of my new R in text responding I got what I wanted for MSRP in South Florida. Felt good to let them know they were wrong
Oh well they're loss your gain! These dealerships don't realize that most of the people looking for Type Rs have done their homework and are well aware of the markup. If they're not willing to deal at a more respectable level, rather give that opportunity to another dealership that's more deserving.

helios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
The best part about waiting to get a good deal on a CTR is sticking it in the face of all those dealers who will be calling to see if you're still interested (im looking at you, Big Star Honda).

helios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
FWIW, the dealer is going to reply this way because they don't want to give away the cars. It's very easy for someone to feign interest via email in the dealers' eyes. I got a similar reply when I ended up paying invoice.

The woman who replied to the web inquiry wasn't actually a salesperson. She replied that they couldn't make any deals or specific details about pricing other than what they have posted online, you very likely got a reply from someone in a similar position. Once I got into the dealership, I was able to make a deal. Did they offer to make any appointment for you to have a call with someone?
This has been my experience as well, your first contact will likely be from a third party if you submit your info online. I called 30+ dealerships between Colorado and Georgia and only 1 called me back directly with a price so good I didn't even haggle. Better to call them directly than to submit info via the web, but you'll probably need to invest some time before you get a good price.

LiveLaughRide84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Integra Gsr(sold) and 2000 ITR(sold) 17 focus RS and looking for a CTR
Country flag
Did you check out Mt. Kisco Honda??
I got a 2019 2 weeks ago for Sticker with a 7 Year 100k B2B... Plus NY Fees and Tax obvi

They Still had a 2020 PMM Still there
looks like they still have the pmm 2020

RobC2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R, 2020 Fiat 124 Spider Abarth
Country flag
I have been speaking with David Talburt ([email protected]) at Appletree Honda near Asheville, NC. They have an allocation coming in the fall that can be reserved. I was going to take it but my circumstances changed. They are at MSRP with no dealer adds outside of mandatory window etching and can try to work with you on desired color. Hope this helps someone in the area that has been striking out like I was.

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
I have been speaking with David Talburt ([email protected]) at Appletree Honda near Asheville, NC. They have an allocation coming in the fall that can be reserved. I was going to take it but my circumstances changed. They are at MSRP with no dealer adds outside of mandatory window etching and can try to work with you on desired color. Hope this helps someone in the area that has been striking out like I was.
I had a deposit down with Dave before I found my 2020 elsewhere. He was easy to deal with. I’d recommend him to anyone in the hunt.

timtzotz

First Name
timtzotz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R (SGP); 2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek
Country flag
Thanks for the USAA tip. I'm prior service and after applying I was able to sign up and it was easy and painless. They do have the program to help you locate your vehicle and luckily the Type R is one of the selections. I did a quick search and it briefly mentioned that the price for this car in my area was 41K (Bay Area) which is not accurate at all.

I have to look more into it but I also noticed their financing is an outstanding 2.54% APR. Now that's music to anyone's ears.

I used to be stationed in Jacksonville and I spoke with them back in 2018 about a CTR. They would not budge on the mark up and the sales people were rude as hell. I wouldn't give them business even if you can talk them out of the ADM.

If you are in Jacksonville then I would suggest looking in another area. If you happen to be military afiliated then there's always the USAA car buying service. I used it and got my 2019 CTR for under sticker.
Thank you for the USAA tip, I didn't think that would help on this vehicle, but apparently seed3540 had good luck! I would ask, though, the prices for average/hi/low on the USAA site show about half the people paid ADM on top of MSRP. Are those numbers USAA members or all comers?

Also for MrTuckers info, Navy Federal Credit Union currently has 1.79% loans on new vehicles (36 mos.).

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
I tried the USAA route, it looked like those were actually just a front to one of the other car buying services (True Car?) and that's where they were getting their numbers etc.

None of the USAA dealers here were listing the CTR as available through them though. Or effectively no discount. I ended up directly negotiating, but always worth the effort to try USAA.

UDEL09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
I tried the USAA route, it looked like those were actually just a front to one of the other car buying services (True Car?) and that's where they were getting their numbers etc.

None of the USAA dealers here were listing the CTR as available through them though. Or effectively no discount. I ended up directly negotiating, but always worth the effort to try USAA.
This was my experience with the USAA route as well. I think it would have been great if I was looking for a more generic vehicle, but didn’t provide much help in the CTR search.

EvanSHH

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Civic Si
Country flag
Just as an update I have a deposit on the CW CTR inbound, if anything were to change I will update.

Evan at SHH

FinalPantasy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wonderwoman’s invisible jet
Country flag
I found a dealer that says they are getting a blue in Nov./Dec. but it sounds sketchy, because he made it sound like they can order in the colors they want. $1k deposit at MSRP + $1k dealer fee.

Otherwise good reviews online.
Sponsored