CTR at (or below?!!) sticker NICE LIST!

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
Great choice and congrats! I was going to buy one but backed off because of the uncertain economic situation and also my job status. 2020 is the model I want but I'm willing to wait. The stupid Bay Area dealers are greedy. Anderson still wants 3k over MSRP but Sunnyvale had one at MSRP but it quickly sold. Don't give any of these idiotic Bay Area dealers a dime of your money over invoice. They seem to think that everyone works a 6-figure tech job and are overconfident someone with that kind of money will pay for markup anyways. Some guy posting his 2019 Aegean Blue on YouTube bought his car from Tracy Honda which I know had a ridiculous markup on their vehicle. Guy who bought it wouldn't answer my questions on how much he paid but I know he foolishly paid markup at maybe 5k or more. At one point that same blue model was advertising for 44k. Oh well it's his money and probably bought it impulsively. 5 days later he posts another video 5 things he hates about the vehicle. Anyways, if you got yours around 35k and spent 1500 on enclosed shipping then you almost break even at MSRP. 1 month into pandemic, I found a Rallye Red 2019 that was selling for 33k but didn't bite because of my situation. Anyhow going east is the way to go and glad you're shipping it in an enclosed trailer to protect from flying rock chip damage to your paint.
Sponsored

Last edited:

YO_AD2IAN

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
west coast definitely sucked for msrp. Cali was identical to WA with the markups. Most WA averaged 5k, one saying 10. Wilsonville in Oregon allowed me to put a deposit on one at MSRP but there was literally no timeline. I didn’t want to wait 6 months for one so I bit the bullet and went 2k over in Bellevue, WA. Figured that would’ve evened out if I got at MSRP and had it shipped from east coast. Plus I had a trade so I had no choice but to deal locally.

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Stevenson Hendrick Honda in wilmington nc.. msrp for 2020 sgp plus 1000 dealer add ons, mats paint pen, tint, door edge guards and finger nail guards in handles i like...dont like the pin stripe they put on the car, will peel that off when i have time.

Sales team were great to converse with while finance guy worked numbers. Finance guy was good too once i spoke with him. I shot them straight with my numbers and they shot me straight back, how i like to deal.

Blazed

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CBP Type R
Country flag
Anderson Honda in Palo Alto, CA sold both of theirs this weekend for 3k over MSRP, black and red. They won’t have any additional stock until late summer or early fall according to their top Type R sales rep but who knows if that’s really the case.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Have all of the Type R's reached the dealers yet? I'm doing a search in my area locally and I am seeing alot of coming soon and like 4 in the area. I do not like white but there seems to be an Abundance of white colors. Just want to confirm have all of the allotted type Rs reach the dealer?

Blazed

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CBP Type R
Country flag
Have all of the Type R's reached the dealers yet? I'm doing a search in my area locally and I am seeing alot of coming soon and like 4 in the area. I do not like white but there seems to be an Abundance of white colors. Just want to confirm have all of the allotted type Rs reach the dealer?
Some are still arriving over the next week or so but it appears the majority were delivered in the past two weeks based on the research I’ve done nationally. There will be a smaller round of 2020s in the Fall from what I’ve been told by several sources but it’s difficult to verify that info.

However it’s likely with the current global situation and the effects on production, and the fact that the 2021 model right is around the corner, there will be an overall smaller supply of 2020s. White is the most available color by a wide margin so buying for MSRP or below should be easier from what I’ve seen.

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
Anderson Honda in Palo Alto, CA sold both of theirs this weekend for 3k over MSRP, black and red. They won’t have any additional stock until late summer or early fall according to their top Type R sales rep but who knows if that’s really the case.
Yup those were the two they had since early April. I inquired about that red one but they wanted nothing below the 3K over MSRP. Dealership is in Palo Alto go figure so probably some Facebook employee with 6-figure salary probably bought it. Service department though is fantastic and I they have been servicing my 3 Honda's for over 10 years.

jmab722

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Hi all, new member here and the proud new owner of a 2020 Sonic Gray Pearl CTR.

Shout out to Andrew at Matt Castrucci Honda in Dayton, Ohio. Got my CTR at MSRP, as well as a decent trade in number for my previous ride.

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
White is the most available color by a wide margin so buying for MSRP or below should be easier from what I’ve seen.
I agree about the white, but it is odd that all 4 dealerships i would have driven too have SGPs.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hi all, new member here and the proud new owner of a 2020 Sonic Gray Pearl CTR.

Shout out to Andrew at Matt Castrucci Honda in Dayton, Ohio. Got my CTR at MSRP, as well as a decent trade in number for my previous ride.
Do they have any more in stock? I'm looking Need help because I can't spend a dime over MSRP

06S2k07Si

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 S2000 22 RDX 13 CB1000R 22 Veloster N 18 Type R
Country flag
FYI all...

From Robert at Zimbrick Honda... these are always sold at MSRP...

"Just wanted to let you and the CTR community know we have a SONIC GRAY coming in later this month…"

Robert D. Billig |Zimbrick HONDA

SALES
and LEASING | [email protected]

Office: 608.230.0479 | OFF WED | CLOSED SUN

lou430

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R BB, 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2011 Honda CR-Z EX
Country flag
Just buy one !! You're gonna regret not buying one, or getting wrong color over paying a little over sticker. I paid a grand over sticker with addons from my local dealer but I got BB and I was driving it home that night.....plus I got 3.9% APR. I can tell you from experience when I go into my garage and see my BB CTR do you think I even remember what I paid ?

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Some people dont want to piss a grand + out the window but you have a good point. All I see are Red, Gray, white and black.....I do not want white or black but I might be stuck with those choices

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Stevenson Hendrick Honda in wilmington nc.. msrp for 2020 sgp plus 1000 dealer add ons, mats paint pen, tint, door edge guards and finger nail guards in handles i like...dont like the pin stripe they put on the car, will peel that off when i have time.

Sales team were great to converse with while finance guy worked numbers. Finance guy was good too once i spoke with him. I shot them straight with my numbers and they shot me straight back, how i like to deal.
I literally drove from NY to buy from them. They were great. Sent me one of those "We'd like to buy your car!" emails and I said what the heck let's see what they have as it was time for a trade in anyways... GF's parents live there, so it was kind of a two birds one stone deal. Only thing they didn't get right was the plates, the company they use was not so good with the differences between registering in NY and registering in NC. But aside from that, we negotiated it all over the phone, mostly through text actually, and when I showed up it was ready to go! Hell of a deal too. I would highly recommend them.

jmab722

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Do they have any more in stock? I'm looking Need help because I can't spend a dime over MSRP
I think they did say they were supposed to get maybe one or two more towards the end of summer...with the pandemic shutting down manufacturing for a bit and the Type R already being as rare as it is...who knows. I'll keep my eye out though.

This was actually the third try for me. The first was listed but when I arrived it was apparently already spoken for, and the second one I saw someone was in the middle of buying.
Sponsored