gnagis

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Plus
Country flag
According to manufacture it Will work with The built in amplifyer thats in the premium sound system.

905User

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Looks like the missing piece I needed to upgrade. On the touring through so I don't know if adaptive cruise control or brake assist run through the current stereo.

Also a £349.99 hit on top of a deck

OP
OP

gnagis

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Plus
Country flag
i have placed an order for it for my car, will report back when i get it, but store said it would take to mid may to get it :eek:

905User

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Please do let us know if it retains the factory amp. That would for me justify the cost since I'd save not having to buy a new amp.

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
Please do let us know if it retains the factory amp.
It won't. You can tell from looking at the connectors in the picture that the connectors aren't right for the factory amp.

kostas

First Name
Kostas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch 1.5 Sport Plus
Country flag
Please do let us know if it retains the factory amp. That would for me justify the cost since I'd save not having to buy a new amp.
To my eyes it looks like it has the connector for the amp...
Honda Civic 10th gen CTKPHD02 for 11/12 speaker system? Capture+_2021-04-17-22-35-38(1)

kostas

First Name
Kostas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The connector that goes into the amp isn't a double like that one. though:
That's how it should be! It's one cable (SPDIF) to the amp. The weird thing is that on the head unit the socket is double but only one connector is active (only honda knows why...). So, this adapter looks ok (at least for the SPDIF signal)

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
That's how it should be! It's one cable (SPDIF) to the amp. The weird thing is that on the head unit the socket is double but only one connector is active (only honda knows why...). So, this adapter looks ok (at least for the SPDIF signal)
The one that goes into the head unit is a double, true. My only guess is to keep you from being able to accidentally plug it into the spots where the terrestrial and satellite antennas go, since they use similar single connectors.

But if the goal is to get rid of the factory headunit and keep the factory amp, how is a plug that can plug into the factory headunit and can't plug into the factory amp going to help? That's the opposite of what is needed.

kostas

First Name
Kostas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If I see correctly from the photo, the connector I circled in red is female just like the one of the head unit. Its a replication/substitution of the head unit.
In other words, in this connector is gonna be connected the SPDIF plug that you'll disconnect behind the HU.

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
Oh, I see what you mean now - like maybe that little box shown in the pic gets mounted up behind your aftermarket headunit and it turns the new headunit's analog output into digital and feeds it into the original SPDIF plug than runs down to the amp. Interesting. The antenna adapter at the top does look like the same kind of thing, with a female side, like you pointed out.

905User

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I reached out to them to find out. I have my doubts, but checking with the manufacturer.
Sponsored