Crypto Bubble

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does anyone feel like this bubble is going to pop soon?

Back towards the end of last year and the beginning of this year I was making a lot of money through stocks, I primarily focused on the technological and EV sector then came the very harsh correction. I made close to 300% gains on my decent sized portfolio but I managed to lose about 350% in these past few months. I made some very risky plays and understood the risk but I was on an euphoria high after constantly gaining for months.

Now here we are and in general the market is super choppy and I'm looking to liquidate my remaining positions (some calls) soon then shift over to full crypto.

As of now I have about a 8k account I'm looking to dump into crypto, probably will transfer in another 5k. I look at it as a second 401k and a longer term investment, however I have a couple of my crypto experienced friends worried that this bubble is going to pop soon.

Would it necessarily be a bad idea to get in now? I understand that this pop is inevitable and will happen, but when? I've been on the sidelines for a while now because I'm always "waiting for that bubble" but crypto is proving extremely strong right now.

Will probably diversify something like 10% doge, 60% ETH, 30% BTC. Might cut on the ETH to expand into some other coins but that's my basic plan, thoughts? Thanks all.
Sponsored

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What’s your overall goal? Get Rich Quick™️ or long-term (20+ yrs) income increase?

If it’s the former option, crypto is a much better avenue, but far riskier, and volatile. With crypto, just join pro pump & dump groups, and you’ll be snatching noobs’ money quick. Otherwise, you’ll find a variety of opinions detailing how crypto is a scam, and much of it is, but some of it isn’t, like the one’s you mention. Personally, I only have fun money in BNB, as that’s the next predicted to skyrocket. BTC and ETH won’t moon, they’ve had their chance, and I personally think meme-coins are simply the more popular version of P&Ds.

If your goal is the latter option from above, the S&P500 (or any derivative) is a a good bet. I have my low-risk funds in such.

Just my $0.02.

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What’s your overall goal? Get Rich Quick™️ or long-term (20+ yrs) income increase?

If it’s the former option, crypto is a much better avenue, but far riskier, and volatile. With crypto, just join pro pump & dump groups, and you’ll be snatching noobs’ money quick. Otherwise, you’ll find a variety of opinions detailing how crypto is a scam, and much of it is, but some of it isn’t, like the one’s you mention. Personally, I only have fun money in BNB, as that’s the next predicted to skyrocket. BTC and ETH won’t moon, they’ve had their chance, and I personally think meme-coins are simply the more popular version of P&Ds.

If your goal is the latter option from above, the S&P500 (or any derivative) is a a good bet. I have my low-risk funds in such.

Just my $0.02.
A bit of both, always looking to add sources of income. Will definitely hold ETH for long term, will pick up a few coins this year where I see dips. Then will do some short term plays on some of the lower priced coins.

But agreed, aside from the major coins it's all just a transfer of money. Pump and dumps everywhere, not too much regulation, easily manipulated, however money talks and if I can find an opportunity to make some I'll get in on it.

Already have money in my S&P and index funds, have 10% towards my 401k - trying to set myself up for the future.

Looking to see if Doge can break out of 60 cents again, then I can see $1 being feasible but that's just my 2 cents since I'm not as educated on Crypto as stocks. Thanks for ur input homie

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag

Just my $0.02.
RKT companies will be joining the S&P this year and the stock is at below IPO costs right now. I'm holding pretty long, but have been buying the dips like crazy. Its definitely a 2-5 year hold though.

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Screenshot_20210511-091302_Google.jpg
Screenshot_20210511-091337_Google.jpg

At the end of the day it would be safer to wait till 2024. Up to you. Learn how to hold.
True but I see good opportunity now. Been telling myself for the past year that a bubble is coming but hype and popularity is driving crypto a ton right now. ETH will without a doubt be long term hold and hoping to join in on short term fun in the meantime

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A bit of both, always looking to add sources of income. Will definitely hold ETH for long term, will pick up a few coins this year where I see dips. Then will do some short term plays on some of the lower priced coins.

But agreed, aside from the major coins it's all just a transfer of money. Pump and dumps everywhere, not too much regulation, easily manipulated, however money talks and if I can find an opportunity to make some I'll get in on it.

Already have money in my S&P and index funds, have 10% towards my 401k - trying to set myself up for the future.

Looking to see if Doge can break out of 60 cents again, then I can see $1 being feasible but that's just my 2 cents since I'm not as educated on Crypto as stocks. Thanks for ur input homie
You bet, just trying to always get more educated myself. I've never taken a class or anything, just spent hours reading a ton of articles, getting a variety of opinions.

My retirement is actually in FNILX, basically the S&P Index, but with zero fees.

My mod-risk is in Sun Hydro (HYSR), which is a 3-5 yr plan. @WhiskeyTango RKT looks promising. I'll scoop some of that up.

RE crypto: personally, I have a moral standard against P&Ds, so, I stay away from that kind of action. Otherwise, playing the major coins can be volatile, but pay out well, like only playing the dragon at Baccarat.

Annexed

First Name
Austen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
True but I see good opportunity now. Been telling myself for the past year that a bubble is coming but hype and popularity is driving crypto a ton right now. ETH will without a doubt be long term hold and hoping to join in on short term fun in the meantime
For Bitcoin it's every 4 years but with Etherum and all the Etherum 2.0 coins we will see if it follows the same trend. Something only time can tell

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
1 word - ethereum (I really like cardano too, deff. worth a bit of research)
Just bought another coin this morning,

Currently holding 2 ETH and about $3500 worth of doge, slowly liquidating my short term stock port rn

alicj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
Buy high sell low? You are playing with fire.

Polkadot (DOT) has been very nice to me. Joined the ICO through some friends and the gain now can buy a Civic Touring out right. Only wish I put in more than a few hundred cause if so I'd be able to buy a house out right, lol.

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Buy high sell low? You are playing with fire.

Polkadot (DOT) has been very nice to me. Joined the ICO through some friends and the gain now can buy a Civic Touring out right. Only wish I put in more than a few hundred cause if so I'd be able to buy a house out right, lol.
No selling, the 2 ETH is set aside and I'm not looking to make any short term gains.

DOGE however is fuckaround yolo money, I'm ok with loss vs. risk.

I'm going to look into DOT, currently researching on different coins and where to put money in. Not crypto related but I also got access to pre-IPO shares of Kraken, waiting to get confirmation on the share lockup period. I think Kraken will do big things this year so I'm going to park a large majority of my money into that.

alicj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
No selling, the 2 ETH is set aside and I'm not looking to make any short term gains.

DOGE however is fuckaround yolo money, I'm ok with loss vs. risk.

I'm going to look into DOT, currently researching on different coins and where to put money in. Not crypto related but I also got access to pre-IPO shares of Kraken, waiting to get confirmation on the share lockup period. I think Kraken will do big things this year so I'm going to park a large majority of my money into that.
What I mean is buy crypto when it's high, sell stock when it's low.

If I were you I'd keep all the stocks and just contribute more into crypto in the future. But I wouldn't invest a whole lot into crypto anyway. The DOT was just for fun, however if I did take it seriously I would have done some research and invested more. It was founded by Gavin Wood who was also behind Eth. He also founded Parity which is a super well known company within the crypto space.

Anyway I wouldn't invest in crypto since my gf who works in crypto industry is against buying a whole lot of crypto as investment. She knows crypto way better than I do so I trust her judgment on that.

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What I mean is buy crypto when it's high, sell stock when it's low.

If I were you I'd keep all the stocks and just contribute more into crypto in the future. But I wouldn't invest a whole lot into crypto anyway. The DOT was just for fun, however if I did take it seriously I would have done some research and invest more. It was founded by Gavin Wood who was also behind Eth. He also founded Parity which is a super well known company within the crypto space.

Anyway I wouldn't invest in crypto since my gf who works in crypto industry and is against buying a whole lot of crypto as investment. She knows crypto way better than I do so I trust her judgment on that.
Ah I gotcha, yeah when I said liquidate my stock portfolio I meant only short term portfolio. I have a separate portfolio portfolio that I don't touch that's strictly for super longs. Picked up a whole bunch of shit back in last March

but yes - crypto is extremely speculative right now and there's really no telling which way it'll go. After doing a lot of research in ETH I can definitely see a bright future in it, it's just that majority of crypto shit coins are straight pump and dumps with no utilization. My buddy has been in multiple source codes for various projects and seen the back ends of them, says majority is just bullshit and stolen from safe moon

don't really plan on touching any of the shit coins besides my little YOLO on doge - we shall see how it goes hahah

kultofkek

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI, 2003 Honda CRV
Country flag
1 word - ethereum (I really like cardano too, deff. worth a bit of research)
Cardano is great

to add:

BTC, LINK, ADA, VET should be in your portfolio for long time hodl. Niche coins like Shiba and doge are nice for pump n dump but take your gains and reinvest them into these that have a great project backing them. Always read the white paper.
Sponsored