bendrich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Impreza HB :'(
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Crushed bypass valve IMG_20200503_120724

Has anyone else done this to their factory bypass valve on the 1.5t? I had an extra laying around so I figured why not at least try it.

I know some Subaru and Evo d00ds do this to get their factory bypass valves to hold a little more boost. The idea is to add some preload to the spring. You can definitely go overboard with this. But I've been driving with this for a few days and not noticed any fluttering or other signs of a overly stiff valve.

So far, I've seen ZERO evidence that says an aftermarket valve is necessary, even with the boost turned up. I daily on the Hondata +9 basemap and never showed any signs of the boost leaking through a weak bypass valve. However, I do feel that I've gained quite a bit of part throttle driveability!

I do have the increased throttle and turbo response mods checked on the calibration I run. I've read about, and personally felt, how jumpy the car can be adjusting the throttle in the mid-range. Before installing the crushed valve, if I let up just the slightest bit on the pedal while in boost, the turbo would fall on its face and then pick up again. Since putting the crushed valve in, it seems to hold steady through the minor throttle adjustments.

I crushed mine with a hammer... But a vice would be ideal.

Looking forward to see what y'all opinions are on this. Should I definitely reinstall the uncrushed valve? I figure it's still not as stiff as some of the aftermarket recirculating bypass valves out there.
Sponsored

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Abort mission dude! The vultures are coming xD.

The factory BPV has shown to be fine at 30psi+
Aftermarket BPVs or BOVs get crapped on pretty heavily on this platform.