Cruise Control

maxmorri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 1500
The car uses cruise control only with the intelligent adaptive cruise control function ACC. It is not possible to use cruise control alone without the adaptive function.

1. The thing is very annoying. It is irritating, invasive and dangerous.

2. I recently hired a 4-door Honda Civic in the USA and it was possible to use cruise control without using the annoying adaptive function.

I ask if you can download a software that allows you to configure the car with the normal function of Cruise control, as provided in the use and maintenance booklet.

Today I was on the highway in Tuscany and with the curves the ACC cruise is very annoying, because in the curve often feels the car of the next lane, terrible ...

If I had known before this problem I would have never bought the car.
Sponsored

newskate9

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Type-R, 16 Honda Pilot Elite
Country flag
This may have little to do with it........ but. I also have a 2016 Pilot Elite with all the bells / whistles. Not cruise control but the anti-collision system is a pain at times. There is / was a known issue on these cars as there is a frequent condition where the car thinks it is going to crash no matter if you're in cruise or normal driving. It can alert you - or in a few cases I've had, apply the brakes. Clearly unsafe it my book. The upside in the Pilot is I can turn if off when I'm around town driving / curvy roads.

So, why did I type this - the issue may NOT be the cruise control, but the anti-crash system. Just a thought. Maybe this gives you another option to look at. The tools are the same but different programs using the same data to do different things (is how I think about it).

kg4fxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring Black
Country flag
I noticed that if I push the set button a few times I can turn off the adaptive and have regular cruise control. Just like the automatic bright lights, be careful because you can turn off that feature as well.

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
Seems like the wrong forum because the Si only comes with basic cruise control, with shifting assist.
How does the shifting assist work? i've done cruise, and have shifted into higher gears with it engaged, but I haven't really noticed something helping. Is it a sort of rev-match for down shifts?

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
So glad my Si doesn't have any of that silly safety crap.

Justinus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None.
How does the shifting assist work? i've done cruise, and have shifted into higher gears with it engaged, but I haven't really noticed something helping. Is it a sort of rev-match for down shifts?
It's for upshifting, it holds the revs at the correct place for the next gear. If you're in 5th gear at 3100RPM and you push in the clutch, it will drop to the corresponding 6th gear RPM and hold it for you.

Lukifer

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I think on some cars with a manual, when you push the clutch in, it kills the cruise control... but the Si doesnt do that. It'll let you shift gears but keeps the cruise control active.
Sponsored