First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Hey all,

My cruise control wont set after receiving finishing my custom tuning. Tuner assured me the tune does not do disable cruise control. I took car to honda and they ran full diagnostics and everything is running correctly. I originally thought it had something to do when they replaced my steering wheel, but we have determined after honda having the vehicle 3 days that it is not.
Yesterday I went ahead and uploaded a factory tune via hondata and voila! The cruise now works! I then re upload my custom tune and again it does not work. Main cruise light will go on, but I am unable to set.

Any suggestions are welcome!

Honda Civic 10th gen Cruise control not setting after custom tune 1305CC33-8DF0-4114-840A-B578F5ED756F
Sponsored

Last edited:

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
No, your tune has zero to do with that.

OP
OP
BoostedDreams

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Update. Went back to Honda they did a FULL diagnosis and re checked everything and there was no codes or errors.
Picked up the car frustrated, I went ahead and uploaded a factory tune via hondata. Guess what? Cruise control works! I am able to set it and it functions perfectly. Then I upload my last final revision custom tune and again i can’t set cruise. So it seems that it is an issue with the tune or file even though tuner last said, “There's nothing in the tune that disables cruise control.”
I just contacted him again and waiting on a response, but any ideas?? This is puzzling.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know the "main" cruise control button plays a large part of Hondata tunes. With it turned off, rev hang is disabled and boost levels are maxed out. With it engaged, rev hang is fully present and boost levels are noticably lower - similar to when I'm in Econ mode and torque is limited to 140 (my custom number). When I want the full benefit of being tuned, main CC button must be turned off. So, yes, they are definitely connected.

OP
OP
BoostedDreams

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I know the "main" cruise control button plays a large part of Hondata tunes. With it turned off, rev hang is disabled and boost levels are maxed out. With it engaged, rev hang is fully present and boost levels are noticably lower - similar to when I'm in Econ mode and torque is limited to 140 (my custom number). When I want the full benefit of being tuned, main CC button must be turned off. So, yes, they are definitely connected.
Hopefully my tuner looks into it again. Not sure what other option I have.

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you have the tune before the custom tune? try a different tune and see if it works.

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yeah i meant install some base maps and see if the same issue arises. honda tech here.

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
ok so its definitely the custom tune

m_kluch

First Name
Maryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
Curious if you figured this out. I have the exact same thing going on with a custom E-tune from IMW.

OP
OP
BoostedDreams

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Curious if you figured this out. I have the exact same thing going on with a custom E-tune from IMW.
Yes, I had to send a new starter map from my end rather than use the one that was sent to me. Problem solved. You can upload a base map to verify your cruise control works
Sponsored