First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2010 LX
Country flag
Hi everyone,

I’ve got a 2010 Civic at the 80,000 mile mark and the car creates a creaky sound when I let it down after being jacked up on the front end.

Same noise happens if I am rolling it down a driveway and the driveway has a dip at the end that you go over before meeting the main road. Doesn’t seem to happen at all on the highway. It’s only local driving when going over speed, bumps and dips as mentioned above. Cold weather seems to exacerbate it but now it’s happening even in warm weather.

Definitely sounds like metal against metal. It’s like a rusty, creaking noise.

When I took off the tires, the strut looked perfectly fine nothing leaking. Bushing was not loose didn’t fall down but I’m thinking maybe the bushing on the lower control arm might be bad on both sides?

By the time I go to making the video with the tire off, I could not replicate a creaking noise, even after taking a second jack and applying upward pressure on the linkage. I tried doing it before taking a video and of course it made the noise. 🤦‍♂️

I was able to capture a video of what everything looks like with the tire removed on each side so you can see down there.

Hoping someone here can guide me in the right direction as what to do next because this is been going on for a while and very frustrating.

Thanks!

OP
OP

vballantine

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2010 LX
Country flag
FYI - This forum is for 10th generation Civics, not 2010 Civics. :)

Although, this issue may be generic enough that someone may help you.

But in the future, try https://www.8thcivic.com/forums/.
Sorry about that!

I don't use forums that much so I'm not used to this.

I'll check out the other forum and thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
and sure....if anyone has experience with this and wants to respond, that would be great as well.
Sponsored