Crash costs...

kingbudd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Civic Si, 1994 Dodge Stealth RT/TT, 2016 Infiniti Q50, 2017 Cadillac XT5, and 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
No matter what you decide, make sure the repair facility uses OEM parts. A lot of lower offers will use aftermarket parts to get the bid to come in below other repair facilities. The only thing I would consider is upgrading your exhaust. With the quote of $950 for the exhaust you can get a better quality aftermarket exhaust. This won’t affect your warranty if that is a concern.
Sponsored

10Gensi

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Glad you're ok! Not surprised to hear "She was texting" :mad: thats all you ever see anymore. Guys are guilty as well just usually more women.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Bumper, inserts and metal beam behind the bumper was $900. Exhaust system was $950 from Honda. Trunk lid will be repaired for 350. One note is that there is no impact absorbing material behind the bumper so I really felt the hit. The car that hit me (2012 Nissan Maxima 3.5SE) had to be towed with blown air bags and a crunched radiator. She was texting :(

20180506_134324.jpg
That really sucks and getting your car hit by someone who was texting and driving is even dumber because it's so avoidable and not acceptable at all, but at least your okay. That being said though, I would definitely just get a decent sounding aftermarket exhaust system if your going to end up paying $950 for the stock honda system anyway, but that's up to you just a thought.

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
No matter what you decide, make sure the repair facility uses OEM parts. A lot of lower offers will use aftermarket parts to get the bid to come in below other repair facilities. The only thing I would consider is upgrading your exhaust. With the quote of $950 for the exhaust you can get a better quality aftermarket exhaust. This won’t affect your warranty if that is a concern.
Most insurance companies will use an aftermarket exhaust unless you pay the difference. The difference in cost will be massive.

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
Glad you're ok! Not surprised to hear "She was texting" :mad: thats all you ever see anymore. Guys are guilty as well just usually more women.
90% of accidents caused by distracted drivers ive either read about or watched on the news have been women.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Wow just reading for the first time. Sorry to hear.

A good body shop can get just about all of that ironed out within 1 mm of the factory. And I agree... insist on Genuine Honda parts (though I doubt there will be a lot of alternatives this early in the model cycle).

Good luck with repairs!

Wxguru

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring x2
Country flag
I've never done it before, but you can pursue that with the insurance company as "diminished value".
ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ask for "loss of equity" when dealing with the other persons insurance. I got that for a truck I owned back in 1996 when I got rearended by a lady in a bigger truck. She dropped a cd and was looking down trying to find it...and we had stopped. She hit me doing about 30mph. Damage was about $4500 to fix. I got a "loss of equity" check for nearly $2,000 out of her insurance just because I told them I wanted the loss on equity. They looked it up and we agreed on the amount.
That's great advice by Glitch360

foehammerone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ask for "loss of equity" when dealing with the other persons insurance. I got that for a truck I owned back in 1996 when I got rearended by a lady in a bigger truck. She dropped a cd and was looking down trying to find it...and we had stopped. She hit me doing about 30mph. Damage was about $4500 to fix. I got a "loss of equity" check for nearly $2,000 out of her insurance just because I told them I wanted the loss on equity. They looked it up and we agreed on the amount.
That's great advice by Glitch360
Good to know! I had no idea this was a thing.

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Had someone hit and run my car while it was parallel parked on a one way road. Did an insurance claim and the total for the repair was $1800. My baby is all fixed up now and it looks like nothing ever happened.

Honda Civic 10th gen Crash costs... received_2001866169842618

kingbudd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Civic Si, 1994 Dodge Stealth RT/TT, 2016 Infiniti Q50, 2017 Cadillac XT5, and 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Good to know! I had no idea this was a thing.
Not trying the be an a-hole, it is called diminished value. So when talking to the insurance company used the correct terminology. Equity is typically a real estate or stock term; it is the difference between the value of the assets and the value of the liabilities of something owned.

ltrinh

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Most insurance companies will use an aftermarket exhaust unless you pay the difference. The difference in cost will be massive.
Not after marker for car this new car though. I got rear ended when I had the car for only 2 days and about 100 miles on it. It's very minor ( bumper to bumper ). Small part needs to be replaced and it will be OEM part. It hurts ( still does ) in my car, no matter how small the damage was.

Blindeye_03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR - White
Country flag
90% of accidents caused by distracted drivers ive either read about or watched on the news have been women.
Wife totaled her car (three cars ago) with me in the passenger seat before we were married. She wasnt texting and I am really not sure what she was doing but she admitted she wasnt paying attention. Id have to guess she was daydreaming... and I was reading a book (guess what I dont do in any car anymore). She managed to not hit the car in front of her that was stopped waiting to turn left, but she turned and we went off roading into a tree. WEEE!

Im looking foward to it dropping off her insurance this year.

OP
OP
kritz

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
Cars been in the shop since Monday as they found more damage after taking it apart. It is due to be ready on Tuesday. All of the parts are OEM. I'm now tooling around in a 2018 Chevy Cruise provided by my insurance. It has a start/stop feature which is driving me mad at stoplights. Sunroof got stuck open on day 1.:nono:

bluesR

First Name
Jules
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Bumper, inserts and metal beam behind the bumper was $900. Exhaust system was $950 from Honda. Trunk lid will be repaired for 350. One note is that there is no impact absorbing material behind the bumper so I really felt the hit. The car that hit me (2012 Nissan Maxima 3.5SE) had to be towed with blown air bags and a crunched radiator. She was texting :(

20180506_134324.jpg
Had my WRX totaled by idiot on cell phone. She admitted to cop she was texting and didn’t see me. Sorry you had the same experience!
Sponsored