Crash costs...

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
Bumper, inserts and metal beam behind the bumper was $900. Exhaust system was $950 from Honda. Trunk lid will be repaired for 350. One note is that there is no impact absorbing material behind the bumper so I really felt the hit. The car that hit me (2012 Nissan Maxima 3.5SE) had to be towed with blown air bags and a crunched radiator. She was texting :(

Honda Civic 10th gen Crash costs... 20180506_134324
Sponsored

grumpyguy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry to hear that....people can be so stupid. Glad you're ok!

OP
OP
kritz

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
No injuries on either side. She got a ticket so hopefully she learns from this.

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si (LSM)*SOLD* & 2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T (SNP)
Country flag
Damn and your panel gaps are still better than mine! LOL

I'd be sick if this happened to my brand new car but at least you are okay.

OP
OP
kritz

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan

Blindeye_03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR - White
Country flag
Man that sucks! I get so pissed when I pass cars that are swerving all over and you see the driver texting.. Makes me wish I was a cop for a split second.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Bumper, inserts and metal beam behind the bumper was $900. Exhaust system was $950 from Honda. Trunk lid will be repaired for 350. One note is that there is no impact absorbing material behind the bumper so I really felt the hit. The car that hit me (2012 Nissan Maxima 3.5SE) had to be towed with blown air bags and a crunched radiator. She was texting :(
What a bummer! Stories like these make me angry and sad.

Is that from a body shop estimate? I wouldn't be surprised if there's more damage involved given your photo and description. $2,200 seems suspiciously low for a collision between two vehicles severe enough to deploy air bags - even if they weren't yours.

On the positive side my sub woofer rattle disappeared.:thumbsup:
That's further evidence that the structure of the vehicle deformed (aka "frame bent") - even if it was only 1 mm.

I've never done it before, but you can pursue that with the insurance company as "diminished value".
It's very difficult for most individuals to recover the full amount for diminished value without an attorney, but if you go that route they'll get half and you may end up with even less unless a severe injury or death is involved. Don't ask me how I know.

Last edited:
OP
OP
kritz

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
Body shop estimate. They told me that they will inspect for more damage when they take it apart. Luckily we both had the same insurance company which has helped. I'll have zero out of pocket for the repairs as they covered my deductible and our giving me a loaner.

shibles

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well good thing it wasn’t hard enough to damage the frame. Glad to hear you’re okay!

Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf R, 2003 Wrangler TJ
Country flag
I'm glad you're OK. Cars can be fixed; people not so much. I don't see the driver learning from the incident; we're too self-absorbed these days to care about much else other than what's at the end of our nose, which is most likely our smartphones. I see it all the time... people drifting, swerving, etc., and every single one of them have their faces buried in their phones.

Believe it or not, I actually saw someone reading a newspaper - you know, the thing printed on paper - instead of their smartphone while driving down the road. Yep, spread out across the steering wheel, reading at highway speeds. You just can't make this stuff up.

Hollywood29

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX-P, 2018 Civic Si
If it is costing you zero out of pocket just bring it to a certified Honda repair facility and get it repaired correctly, the body shop will fix it correctly and they should make sure that they are compensated accordingly. They will have all info and recommended procedures to repair to pre accident condition. This would include a frame measurement check of the rear section replacement of parts and pre & post scans. I am speaking from 1st hand knowledge as a collision estimator with a Honda certified body shop in Latham NY and with over 25 years experience as a insurance appraiser. To whom thinks cheating a insurance company is good then FU. The get a higher estimate from one place and have another shop do it cheaper is a plain idiot. Body shops don’t work for free so think about this....what won’t the cheaper shop do that could be a safety concern if in another accident. Never compromise your safety just for a buck. If a shop says they can save a deductible just remember they are skipping a repair process. PEOPLE DONT WORK FOR FREE
Sponsored