First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Hey guys,

Owner of a 2018 Civic Si with 24 000km on it. I have been having some issues recently with the car making noise from all around me when I hit bumps on the road. I think it's because they put some cheap ass plastic in the car nowadays and it's making all that noise, but the one I can hear the most is coming from the passenger door, can't really pinpoint where, but I can't deal with it anymore. Every time I hit a bump, it does a clicking or cracking sound and I can't take it anymore. I have an appointment with Honda next week and I hope they are able to resolve the problem.

I know there are other posts about some rattling/clicking noises in here, but does anyone else have any noise coming from the passenger side of the car? Would really help me out if I need to tell exactly where the sound is coming from to the dealership if anyone has had that fixed from them.

Thanks!
Sponsored

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
Mostly A pillar rattle. The dealer will resolve it and now I have to take it my dealer as I have driver side A pillar and window rattle

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
If it's happening when the stereo is on (and not happening when it's off); it sounds like the speaker terminal is hitting the metal of the car door and shorting out.

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
How did you fix the shorting sound?
Well... if it is a wire being shorted; you'd have to run down the location of where it's happening. I'd start with any aftermarket wire junctions or thing that are non factory installed. Wire crimps, IMO, are common culprits.

But when I installed my aftermarket speakers; I noticed that the speaker terminals are pretty close to the metal in the door.

It may also be two conductors touching when there's a bump. Insulation may have fallen. Or electrical tape may have dried out and come off.
Sponsored